lighten up...

jracer98

With all of the angst about Corpus and owner/promoters etc, I thought a little humor couldn't hurt.

Jumbo raced with us at Wichita Falls. He brought his mod by the shop today to get it legal to run at THR on the 15th. It has a 383 that we have to get onto gas. 383 cubic inches times 7.5 lbs per cu. in means that it needed 300 lbs of lead and 2% less left side weight. Yikes. He brought some lead but not nearly enough.

I didn't have another 210 lbs of loose lead laying around so we used 3 cast iron BBC 781 oval port heads. I got it all balanced out and noted the c/l's of the weights. He is going to scare up the extra lead and we'll get it installed in a proper and safe manner.

The humor is in standing back and looking at a race car with a bunch of cylinder heads hanging off the frame rails.

I kept thinking about Jeff Foxworthy, "...if you use 210 pounds of BBC cylinder heads hanging all over the frame instead of lead...you may be a redneck."

:D

Jay

When we 1st started racing super stock dirt, we visited a track that required 50 lbs more than our home track. We had the 50lbs of lead, but no bolts to install it. We used coat hanger wire to put it in. Just in case the wire didn't hold, we spray painted over the car # on the lead.........it held.

Just in case the wire didn't hold, we spray painted over the car # on the lead.........it held.

I will not reveal who did this. Not like I have first hand knowledge or anything like that.

But I have seen racers put the number of one of his competitors on the lead, and not quite enough wire to keep it on.

You know what happened next................

i have a video of larry kraus hitting the front wall at cc ..and just as dale fatman raced pass him .a 50 pound weight came from larrys and went through dales door and landed in his floreboard ...paint would not help larry .video's dont lie ........ dale was very lucky that night ..oh it was bolted in before he hit ..

no names..........BUT i saw a guy come to longhorn one night with a 30# dumb bell hose clamped to the pillar to the left and right behind his head. no guts- no glory,,,,wow.

tech guys made him remove it, but it made me wonder about the stuff i wasn't seeing.

I have heard stories of a person cutting a piece of the down bars off the car and replacing them with a solid bar to add the weight to the car when they couldn't use weight. Well Mayfeild's crew chief add weight to his water bottel at the last cup race tring to make weight but the inspectors found it. :lol:

Archived