NEW CLASS

RobbinsSr

At 105 speedway there is a new class of modified forming (I'm told they are running there atleast)

The class is bassed off of the limited modified, seems to me its what the limited class started off to be.

Rules are.

sportmod/limited chassis

max 420 lift cam

automatics only

DOT tires

NO top/roof

Just wondering if there was any thought about a bomber type modifed class.

I think that was the idea behind the sports mods. I don't believe that IMCA needs another class util they can get good car counts for all the classes at the IMCA tracks. but if they did it would probaly almost end the istock class besides the die hard guys that just want to run in it. but it would be interesting but I do not believe that I would want to drive a car with no roof on a dirt track. It is hard enought to keep clean with a roof.

Don't take this wrong,but that is all the mods need is another version to dilute the fields further. This is getting like the stock bodies, such as bomber,pure stock,street stock, super stock, too many classes without enough difference between them. They should have left the cam rule like it was for the sport mods and maybe put them on the G60s.

Don't take this wrong,but that is all the mods need is another version to dilute the fields further. This is getting like the stock bodies, such as bomber,pure stock,street stock, super stock, too many classes without enough difference between them. They should have left the cam rule like it was for the sport mods and maybe put them on the G60s.

dont worry I didnt take anything wrong because I'm not the one trying to start the class.

I personaly would like to see the sportmods get back to their roots so to speek and run a bomber type motor like they did when they first came out.

Rules are.

sportmod/limited chassis

max 420 lift cam

automatics only

DOT tires

NO top/roof

Sounds good with these suggested changes:

Asphalt take offs and/or DOT tires

Put the roof on.

I raced a Limited before I took a sabatical (tried to quit, but found out I couldn't. In my blood right?) from racing. When I was deciding on what to run when I returned to racing, I thought about racing a Limited againbut what turned me away was the class had gotten out of hand with co$ts and cheating.

Extensive teching and pulling them off the Hoosier and would help a lot. Maybe even go to a 305 insted of a 350.

Anyway, I'm on asphalt now and love it.

Forgot to add.

105 uh? That Basil, he's a nut.

Nathan, 105 isn't an IMCA track so it won't do anything there.

thanks reb i didn't know that but I was thinking in contex of texas thunder. Pat has tried so strange things before but I just wouldn't see him something like this. The twisters are a great example " not race car, cars that race" seems to be a good idea because it draws alot of cars but some of the cars still have working horns :blink: . I maybe too hard on the twisters I bet they are fun just to me I would rather see the mini stocks over twister. but you can't argue with the turn out and some of they other drivers (I think even PJ tried it once) have and do drive one. So I quess bring 500 dollars tell them that you want to claim a car. You will get the winning twister and now you can race.

Archived