THR this wknd

arts22

I see alot of the motorized coolers at races I work where you sit on em and drive em around.Maybe I can come up with a tube/cooler combo with a small trolling motor and battery,same principle,just float around a little faster and have the beer handy when needed.Call it the TTK(Tommy's Trollin Kooler)

You guys think this is funny, cause it is not paying the bills to keep the racetrack open! The lease money is still due and the light bill must still be paid even if we cannot race with all of this rain. By the way, that lease payment is 60,000.00 a season! TMI, you may think, reality is what I think. And I get email after email, can you raise our purse? Hell, I would just like to break even!

I'll have to see about price.Probably a cruiser model and a race model.There will be different colors tubes.Got to have the hot colors,the loud bright ones.The flames ones,splash and rip type paint colors,stuff like that.Then with the tire companys I deal with at races,could use their tubes, have to see who wants in with the race model,something with their big logo like Goodyear,Hooiser,M/T,Toyo,maybe Kuhmo for the ricers painted on the sides and a jacked up motor on alky for the racing.May have to go with a rubber prop for when the drunks who fall in the water,dont want em getting run over by another TTK and chopped up to bad.Want to cut em a little,so the driver will quit falling off.Kinda like hitting the wall in a racecar,it hurts,don't won't to hurt,don't hit the wall. Have to install a deadman switch too,dont want a drunk having to swim to far to get his tube when he falls off and sink and drown,that way if he did fall off,the motor shuts off.Need to see which cooler company wants butts on their coolers too,Igloo or Coleman.I'll call Hank Parker to see which trolling motor puts out some power and then call Bill Dance and see if Hank is full of you know what.

Rusty, your fixin to go on a big boat, and relax...dont worry bout the rain here...lol

And Mary Ann, hope you get to race....we need race track's, the money spent on race cars, and no place to race em...a wise man once said "they'd make pretty flower pots" (GTG)

You guys think this is funny, cause it is not paying the bills to keep the racetrack open! The lease money is still due and the light bill must still be paid even if we cannot race with all of this rain. By the way, that lease payment is 60,000.00 a season! TMI, you may think, reality is what I think. And I get email after email, can you raise our purse? Hell, I would just like to break even!

No Mary Ann, it's not funny at all. Just trying to keep a little sanity in the midst of a very frustrating season as far as weather is concerned. Please don't take any of it personally. I am hoping beyond hope that Saturday turns out OK.

Hang in there Mary Ann, this is Texas, its going to stop raining sooner or later, hopefully sooner. One thing though, I have never talked with ANYBODY in the pits or the stands who didn't have the deepest and most sincere respect in the world for you. That's something that no amount of money can buy. You have a great day. We'll see you Saturday! :)

Just having fun Mary Ann.Hell I'm sitting here getting ready for a big 3 day race this weekend at SAR.IHRA is having a Pro-Am race and racers are coming from across the Nation,it's the last one for Division 4 this season,Champions will be crowned,and the points are tight.The last Pro-Am we had it rained and we had to run a Double event on Sunday.The way it's looking,the same may happen or may not even race at all.Nothing worse than having 400+ racecars sitting in the pits for a few days waiting and looking up at the sky.I know about rainouts,working at SAR when not traveling,they've been rained out 4 times in a row and about 7 or 8 times the last month and a half.

$60,000.00 Lease

4,000 @ $15 Grandstands

400 Per night (10 race Nights) (Paying Adults)

Just to pay the lease Not an Easy task...

Completely understand why free passes doesn't help the track...

Sounds like a good reason to add that extra rain out back in the schedule..(Don't know if you can)

Even if its another non-points Race..

well its sprinkling in kyle right now i think its gonna move out tomorrow and be fine for saturday. Im ready to be at the race track this is my frist race of the year i get to actually work on a car at the track

Mary Ann, sorry if you took offense to the thread. Theres not much we can do about mother nature, if I could I'd kick her in the a$$ for ya.... Regardless we're makin the 3 and half hour haul down there to hopefully race. I'd stay for sunday to race....

I feel that I should add, even though the lease cost me 60,000.00 per season, the landowner, still looses money! :(

Thank you each for your kind words of encouragement!

Just imagine getting up on a daily basis going to your job and getting to pay to be able to go to work with no paycheck. Sport or not, love for racing or not, it is stressful even without rain playing a major part in it. This is a 24/7 day job, as I know your racecars are too and you all know how much I appreciate and respect each of you!

Sometimes this track comes before my husband, my son and my grandchildren, who are my life. Unfortunately, when I do wise up and get out of this rat race, give it a couple of years and they will say Mary Ann who!?! LOL

Again, thank each of you for your kind comments and for those of you that are sending PM's and emails, we must all work together to keep these tracks alive, we all love this crazy sport! ;)

Archived