payday

Shawn B

Picked up pay out at the track today & it was correct. Paid with money order. I know a lot of racers are put out on this subject but with all the tracks closing I'm glad CC stayed open. I'm sure they'll get the problems fixed. I think giving them a chance is in order. The bright side is that we have a place to race. So lets put the ropes down for now. Saying this isn't going to guarantee me a first place cause we all know how GB likes the money.

Picked up pay out at the track today & it was correct. Paid with money order. I know a lot of racers are put out on this subject but with all the tracks closing I'm glad CC stayed open. I'm sure they'll get the problems fixed. I think giving them a chance is in order. The bright side is that we have a place to race. So lets put the ropes down for now. Saying this isn't going to guarantee me a first place cause we all know how GB likes the money.

Lets go racing!! :)

The checks that the drivers picked up yesterday were the ones for August 11. We are still waiting on the ones fromAugust 4th race.Was told Shelma is trying to find out why they havent been recieved yet.

i dont know why this reminds me ..but in 1988 .i borrowed money to consolidate .. made three monthly payments on the note .only to have my car picked up ..for non payment on a note that was suppose to be paid from other loner ... come to find out they sent payoff 18 days late and the payoff was rejected and sent back to loner ..they forgot aboult the returned check ,and set it on thier desk for over two month's ... maybe all those checks have been forgotten are sitting on someones desk ..

Is it just me, or is the "Stink bug" {Cough}, sorry, Buggin getting a little "Colorful" with his posting on here :blink: so have the race's been cancled or we still on? I heard the weather is not to bad in corpus. As long as we mexico it, and don't drink the water we should be ok.

i dont know why this reminds me ..but in 1988 .i borrowed money to consolidate .. made three monthly payments on the note .only to have my car picked up ..for non payment on a note that was suppose to be paid from other loner ... come to find out they sent payoff 18 days late and the payoff was rejected and sent back to loner ..they forgot aboult the returned check ,and set it on thier desk for over two month's ... maybe all those checks have been forgotten are sitting on someones desk ..

maybe, but i doubt it!!

maybe, but i doubt it!!

I go back to my earlier statement. Maybe they were lost in the mail. Oh, thats right, they have to actually be mailed to be lost. :huh:

Hey Mike,

Isn't that what all people with repoed cars say?????? :D:D

Here's a novel idea...cancel the checks, rewrite them in TEXAS, have them at the track this weekend...

oh wait...that would probably be too easy... :huh:

Hey Mike,

Isn't that what all people with repoed cars say?????? :D:D

Here's a novel idea...cancel the checks, rewrite them in TEXAS, have them at the track this weekend...

oh wait...that would probably be too easy... :huh:

your funny ..i came out on the better end of it

And when (not if) someone tried to deposit one of the canceled checks? I can imagine what would be said on here after that...

or you could just keep waiting for that "check in the mail" to come! ;)

or you could just keep waiting for that "check in the mail" to come!

Yes, it appears that some are doing just that. My point was just that if the original checks were mailed then cancelled, someone (there's always someone - like me - who doesn't get the word) would try to deposit the cancelled check and then post on here about it to worsen the situation... So let's not go there.

The other alternative is to go to small-claims court (preceded by a registered letter demanding payment of what you are owed) - but it may cost more in time off work than what the person is owed. On edit: Of course, then there's also the matter of actually collecting the judgement. I'm not an attorney, so do not rely on this for legal advice!

There are rarely perfect solutions to something like this...

I really do hope that it works out for all concerned!

Archived