Whats everybody doing in the off season?

Banker36

Just thought Id ask what everyone will do once the races have come to and end. I know what ill be doin huntin, huntin, and did I mention huntin. Once its cools down and the bucks horns harden forget about racin its time to kill that monster everyone wants to get. So whos moving up in classes and building cars or whos gettin out of racing?

Lee Motorsports is building a TAMS car. They should be ready by the start of the season. We will actually have 2 cars, but there will probably only be one car on the track at a time. :D

Tim

I'm with you SS36. Food plots are doing well, Found a few scrapes and two confirmed sightings of a huge deer we saw last year affectionately named Timmy Tall Tines. Can't hit much with the bow beyond 35 yards but I'm going to give it a shot. Then the holiday season will be on us soon. (already seen Christmas stuff at Wally World!). Good luck hunting SS36.

The Freeman Motorsports team will working in the off season to correct a few problems from this year and gearing for me to be in the truck. This means a lot of working out for me to get into shape and some testing so I wont be completely lost at the first race of the 2004 season. I will also be doing a search for crew members for the 2004 season so far I have one person and I am lookin for a couple more. So if any you guys wanna help out pm and we'll see what we can work out.

My off season usually goes something like this:

1st month or so after the last race--I'm going around spouting off, to anyone who will listen, about how I'm sick and tired of all this racing crap, and I'm going to quit or scale back my racing. Of course, my wife, parents, close friends, etc, are looking at me with that "yeah, we've heard this before" look on their faces.

2nd month--It's Saturday night, and I'm a fish out of water. I'm moping around the house wondering what to do with myself, and you know this as "cabin fever". My wife is plotting ways to throw me out of the house. Some of the ideas aren't very lady-like.

3rd month--I've convinced myself "OK, one more year of this stuff, and I'll quit NEXT year." I tell my wife this. I get the same look as above. I ignore the look while I rummage through the house looking for the stop-watches, gloves, scanner, assorted other junk that my wife has stashed away in some drawer. I'm sorting the race schedules to see where I'll be on a particular Saturday night.

Seems this has been the routine longer than I can remember.

the off season is no longer for engine builders,between the snowball in dec and the new R&D engine programs for next season there is no time off and this is not talking about getting my own cars ready for next year. everybody have a great winter looking foward to seeing all of you in P-cola or at the tracks next year.

We will be building one maybe two new motors this winter, hanging a new body, going through EVERYTHING and plenty of testing. We also have a team member getting a street stock ready that I'm going to help him with. There is no "off season". My days consist of going to work, then to the gym, then either working on the car or working out my pit dogs to keep them in good fighting form or all of the above. My house is more like a weekend hotel.

Like a true racer the future driver of the #17 car planned his debut during the off-season, somewhere around November 25. Not sure how much time that will allow for changes and/or upgrades so we'll probably just go through it mechanically then do the usual cosmetics for next season. JP

txtom...you read my mind!

Pull out the engine & refresh...

pull out & beer & refresh...

get the shotgun out & reload...

pull out a beer & refresh...

go deer hunting & refresh...

pull out a beer & refresh...

put engine back in...

pull out a beer & refresh....

start engine & go racing!

<hic!>

:D

Well TXTOM , I have been going through that same senario for 4 years with my husband. With the rain out in SAS he is "OUT OF IT" again. For some reason I just let him ramble cuz we will soon be "BACK IN IT" in a few months. I heard him on the phone the other day talking about building 2 super streets. But of course when I ask he says "NOT ME HONEY" YEAH RIGHT!!!! I wish they had some winter racing down here so there wouldn't be some much WITHDRAWALS!!!!! Well SLYSNAKE I think you know my hubby too......You probably already met him this year in the pits at one time or another.......Have a great off season guys!!!!!!!!!!!!I am going to try to get a few HONEY DO"S done :D;)

Archived