montoya...

uhcougs

JPM has become this years "Swervin Ervin". It's late in the race, He chose the wrong gear to get good starts, admits proudly to"defending" (BLOCKING) & wonders why he gets punted. He most likely brake checked Truex Jr. in the first place. I don't recall him taking the blame for anything he's done. He thinks he should get respect when he gives none in return. Racing the leaders hard when you are a lapped car as he's done several times this year won't gain the other drivers repect, just an unwillingness to cut him any slack (respect) when he needs it. JMO.

I missed the race, but I saw the replay once. I couldn't tell, but they said Truex was going to make a pass and JPM moved down to block. When a car has a run on the inside and you jump in front of him going into a tight corner like that, you ARE going to get hit. It is not something that happens on purpose, it is called momentum. Those cars cannot brake as well as indy of F1 cars, everyone knows that, even JPM. I don't think Harvicks anger stemmed from that ONE incident. It has been brewing all year. I blew up pretty bad last year at a driver that rammed me twice under caution. That was not what made me mad, it was what he had been doing all year. That just was the one thing that pushed me over the edge. I made it clear that I wasn't going to tollerate it, and everyone in the pits and at the tech pad can verify that. Sometimes in the heat of the moment, you just do stupid things.

Im curious, do you guys hate JPM because he's a "rookie" or because he's not American?

You Harvick fans dont seem to say much about him taking out 4 cars in Monreal last week because he drove way over his head, and he is the experienced one. Nobody got in his face and pushed him around.

Harvick is a great driver, but stupid at times. Montoya too. They are very hard racers. So enlighten me as to what the differance is between them. However this is just my observation. :)

P.S. Id bet money that JPM would of prevailed if a brawl would of errupted.

I was not talking about whos fault it was.I was talking about the cat fight on national T.V.!!!!How come there are no men racing NASCAR these days??????

Because we are all racin' short tracks on Saturday nights!!

2wide your 2 wise ..lol i give you the best answer trophie of the year ...

So what makes someone a man or a dumba$$?

a) holding back, not throwing a swing and not making it a lot worse, other than a shouting match...

B) throwing a punch, swinging the helmet, picking up a tool, and beating the $hit out of someone, getting arrested...

c) pushing and shoving each other while wearing helmets and hans device, throwing some gloves at someone...

It didn't look like JPM braked much after he got hit going into the corner, at least not enough to gather the car up and loose only 1 or 2 positions. Harvick was there to serve as a buffer and it definately did not work out as well as JPM would have liked, which would have been slam doors with Harvick and keep on racing. Just my 2 cents <shrug> Not a fan of either really, but it seems like JPM will put a bumper to ya at just about any track.

Sounds a lot like another racer in NASCAR there Jr. He drove the #3 and just about everyone thinks he was the greatest ever.

I think he (#3) was the greatest ever. Greatest user of the front bumper there ever was. But he is the hero and JPM the zero. I can't figure it out.

Put Big E in the same situation as JPM was in Sunday and what would the peanut gallery be saying? And Big E died blocking, blocking Sterling Marlin so Little E could win Daytona. Only Sterling wasn't going to be imtimidated, and refused to let himself be blocked. So which is it. Blocking good, or blocking bad? Or is it the car number that matters?

<shrug>

Makes me have tired head.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

JPM has become this years "Swervin Ervin". It's late in the race, He chose the wrong gear to get good starts, admits proudly to"defending" (BLOCKING) & wonders why he gets punted. He most likely brake checked Truex Jr. in the first place. I don't recall him taking the blame for anything he's done. He thinks he should get respect when he gives none in return. Racing the leaders hard when you are a lapped car as he's done several times this year won't gain the other drivers repect, just an unwillingness to cut him any slack (respect) when he needs it. JMO.

Obviously you are either not watching or just can't stand Montoya. Truex screwed them all, and good. And as usual, Harvick goes off on the wrong person without even asking his spotter what happened, because that was telegraphed 150 feet before the first contact was made. What should have happened is that JPM should have bulldogged Harvick to the ground by that helmet he grabbed. I'm pretty sure he can afford the fine and it would have been nice to see Harvick laid out like that. I met this guy several times before he made Cup, he's nothing but a punk that trys to bully anyone he can. I have a lot of respect for his driving talent, but just not always how he uses it and the way he behaves.

Archived