hobby stock question?

circleburner

i hope they allow metrics (new ones) nextyear the old wheelbase cars are getting hard to get ahold of metrics are a dime a dozen..i dont care what engine, weight , suspension rules they make as long as they allow the 108 metric to race ..i think the class would grow immensely. i mean they give up alot of track width to the lon gwheel base cars but they can be very competitive a cheap to build (relatively speaking)

i mean hell terry has done all the hard work on the suspension to make a metric run...ill just get a tape measure and a ski mask and sneak on over there late at night

i hope they allow metrics (new ones) nextyear the old wheelbase cars are getting hard to get ahold of metrics are a dime a dozen..i dont care what engine, weight , suspension rules they make as long as they allow the 108 metric to race ..i think the class would grow immensely. i mean they give up alot of track width to the lon gwheel base cars but they can be very competitive a cheap to build (relatively speaking)

i mean hell terry has done all the hard work on the suspension to make a metric run...ill just get a tape measure and a ski mask and sneak on over there late at night

Look at all the dirts tracks. it seams like 80% of the cars out there are metrics. Plus the IMCA sportmods are all on metric chassis.

Look at all the dirts tracks. it seams like 80% of the cars out there are metrics. Plus the IMCA sportmods are all on metric chassis.

I thought I read that the sportmods were using the big Ford chassis because the GM metric chassis was in short supply?

no that is the modifieds not the sports mods they can only run metric chassis with 108 inch wheel base. actually they are running short on chevelle chassis there are still quite a few monte carlo, cutlass, and regals out there and more every year.

Actually the mods only use a front frame section, the rest is a purpose built racing chassis. The SportMod have to be a full frame car from the front frame horns back to the stock spring buckets.

Should read "...full GM Metric frame from ..."

Running the 108" chassis is fine, but if they don't stop tearing stuff up, may not be any cars to run <_< .

Starting to look like a rolling "Demo Derby" out there!!! I don't like seeing equipment get torn up,

especially mine!!! Lenny66 :ph34r:

Archived