CC Speedway

Txenergy

Aug. 4th REVISED 07/30

Corpus Christi Speedway

This is a special one time event.

Will be Holding its First Annual Honor the Yocum’s Night at the Races

The day of Multi Events

MEDIA ( NEWS ) and SPONSORS WILL BE THERE

Our local racing classes are scheduled to run and we are also inviting the following classes to come and race, if it doesn’t conflict with your current racing schedule.

We will be honoring Mr. and Mrs. Yocum for their dedication over the years.

We will be giving away prizes all evening to the fans and drivers.

We will be giving away sponsorship & contingency prizes.

Wednesday:

7pm meeting for employees

Friday:

CC Drivers Meeting Friday @ 7pm

GATES WILL BE OPENED ON FRIDAY FOR PRACTICE ( FREE ) FROM 4-10PM : CONTACT RICK ON THIS

Pit Gate will open at a special time 12:00 NOON, Drivers can drop cars off and set up

Saturday:

Spectator’s gate will open at 5:00 pm

Drivers meeting at 5:30pm

Racing will start at 6:30pm

TIRES AMERICAN RACER & CURRENT THR TIRES - SAS / THR

Local classes run the tires you normally run there

NO TIRE DEALER WILL BE ONSITE , BRING YOUR TIRES

We will have an intermission ceremony for Mr. and Mrs. Yocum:

Our local classes will be doing the honoring during intermission.

Questions call us : Shelma or James 210-218-7655

Email : Shelma@jsracingpromotions.com

In order for these classes to participate we must have at least 8 cars per class. Contact us if you are interested, so we can make a schedule by Thursday Noon.

Late Models

1st Place $ 550.00 + Trophy

2nd Place $ 450.00

3th Place $ 300.00

4th Place thru 9th Gas Card = $ 30.00

Super Stocks & SAS Sportsman will be combined ( SAS & THR )

1st Place $ 500.00 + Trophy

2nd Place $ 300.00

3th Place $ 200.00

4th Place thru 9th Gas Cards = $ 30.00

Hobby Stocks & Roadrunner will be combined ( SAS & THR )

1st Place $ 350.00 + Trophy

2nd Place $ 250.00

3th Place $ 175.00

Grand Stocks ( THR & SAS ) –

1st Place $ 250.00 + Trophy

2nd Place $ 175.00

3th Place $ 100.00

Trucks

1st Place $ 350.00 + Trophy

2nd Place $ 250.00

3th Place $ 175.00

Roadsters – Pending Purse

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Top Dog Graphix

I have a few questions, Are you going to be allowing any dirt cars to race? I have a dirt street stock I would like to try out on the asphalt, it would be legal for the super street class, are you going to be combining super streets with the sportsman/super stocks? and can I run my dirt tires?

I have a few questions, Are you going to be allowing any dirt cars to race? I have a dirt street stock I would like to try out on the asphalt, it would be legal for the super street class, are you going to be combining super streets with the sportsman/super stocks? and can I run my dirt tires?

Dirt cars are welcome to compete,we have combined the sportsman/super stocks class from SAS and THR,so you can run with them if you are legal with their class.

4th on down pays $30.00 gas card? The payout starts good then falls off drastically. Are there changes to the local class purses or will they remain the same?

As announced,for this special occasion,the local classes purses will be increased and discussed at the drivers meeting,all of the other "out of town" classes are structured,again as a one time deal. If other classes come onboard as a regular event then purses will be structured normally. Again,special event,one time a year event,hope that helps answer your question.

4th on down pays $30.00 gas card?

i'm not sure if that explained it, i think the question is about gas cards(correct me if i'm wrong darin) i think this has led to some cofussion, maybe further explanation of type, vendor, etc. would help, personally if you pay your pit pass fee most tracks atleast give that back and you can feed the kids or crew on the way home most have purchased fuel already/ unless their for race gas?? :o

i'm not sure if that explained it, i think the question is about gas cards(correct me if i'm wrong darin) i think this has led to some cofussion, maybe further explanation of type, vendor, etc. would help, personally if you pay your pit pass fee most tracks atleast give that back and you can feed the kids or crew on the way home most have purchased fuel already/ unless their for race gas?? :o

OK,i dont know if i can get it any clearer ,but...the gas cards are for the out of town classes only...one time deal for a yearly event...and in coming from out of town,we want to help get them back home by offering gas cards,doesnt matter about brand or vendor,its a gas card for your personal vehicle...so if you win a gas card ($30),that is above the pit pass($20),so its a win win situation.Again,if out of town classes start to run regular outside this special event,then the purses will be structured monetarily,hope this helps.

OK,i dont know if i can get it any clearer ,but...the gas cards are for the out of town classes only...one time deal for a yearly event...and in coming from out of town,we want to help get them back home by offering gas cards,doesnt matter about brand or vendor,its a gas card for your personal vehicle...so if you win a gas card ($30),that is above the pit pass($20),so its a win win situation.Again,if out of town classes start to run regular outside this special event,then the purses will be structured monetarily,hope this helps.

Pretty good idea for the out of towners. At least there trip home will be taken care of after the race. :D

30$ card isnt a bad ideal .can we claim we are out of town drivers . so we can get one .. you know we do most of our racen at kyle ..... it wont fill up our tank .but it will help ....ps we came up wih a game plan to have one to two cars this week ..just have to make them come together ...

Since I'm coming to see the races..can I have a gas card for my big van? :D

Ok I know. . .just kidding! I ain't running my van on the track! ;)

I think you have a great idea there to help those who travel a bit to race on your track. Maybe you could make it a permanent type of thing for those who do. More cars for us to see race the more spectators to come and make up and surpass the difference.

chuck,

Gas cards are fine, my point is 4th on down pays $30 in all classes. Special events always pay well if you expect to get cars. $30 for 4th won't attract cars from out of town. JMO.

chuck,

Gas cards are fine, my point is 4th on down pays $30 in all classes. Special events always pay well if you expect to get cars. $30 for 4th won't attract cars from out of town. JMO.

We have 2 confirmed classes coming from out of town,so far.I think the enjoyment of racing outweighs the the idea of the payout, JMO.

chuck,

We have 2 confirmed classes coming from out of town,so far.I think the enjoyment of racing outweighs the the idea of the payout, JMO.

Tell that to the guy running around with a worn out motor and hard used up old tires....

chuck,

Tell that to the guy running around with a worn out motor and hard used up old tires....

Jason,

They were sponsored cards..

This is an interesting discussion, the whole purse vs. enjoyment thing, but the most intriguing part is that those effected (the travelling cars) are not the ones arguing. :lol:

Seriously, purse generally does matter to us. It's what helps us buy tires, fuel, and maintain the car. However, for this event, it didn't matter as much mainly because we wanted to race. We've been rained out 3 times this year so far. CC is a fun track, and the invite to be able to come down and race "as is" with the cars we normally race with was pretty tempting. I can't speak for the rest of the travelling cars, but that was the deal with us. Now, it would be a different story if the purse only paid 3 spots every week, but that's not the case since J&S made it clear from the beginning what the payout would be for this special invitation.

oldtimer i hardly think it's a asphalt/ dirt debate ...don't you have some cars to "put" together? atleast thats what you've been saying on here summer , if you worked on "your" cars as much as you posted on this site you'd be leading the points....... :o

HELL HE WOULD HAVE BEEN TRACK CHAMPION AT EVERY TRACK IN THESE PART'S AND THEM SOME!!

:lol::lol::lol::D:D:D

HELL OLDTIMER I THINK YOUR PHONE RINGING , I THINK IT'S NASCAR LOOKING FOR A CREW CHIEF FOR THERE PINTO SERIES.............

Archived