CCSPEEDWAY

I also want to congratulate and thank Donnie and Carol for their years of dedication to the track. I have been going to the track since I was in diapers as well. I have watched many great race car drivers race at this historic speedway over the years and although I am not a regular at this point, I sure hope to see that continue. With change sometimes comes mixed feelings but if everyone keeps racings best interest in mind, the track should do well. I feel fortunate to have raced at the track. Good luck to everyone involved.

Duane Jones

I have been reading these posts' and I just wanted to say THANKS to all the drivers, crews, fans, employees, and occasional trouble makers that kept it interesting ;) . I like many, have grown up out at CC Speedway watching my Dad race and eventually started racing myself. I have meet many fine folks out there and appreciate everything that has been done to keep it going the last couple of years. This year has been a real team effort with all the promotions, and passing out flyers and radio spots and just getting the word out. Doug & Sherry, I can't thank you enough for all your running around you did for the track. Thank you ALL for your support and continued support to CC Speedway and I will see you all on saturday I have a feeling it will be an all nighter so be prepared ;)

PS. I may need to find a car to drive now

On my way home from work I passed by CC speedway & caught myself staring in the direction of the track & started thinking of all the good times spent there. A lot of people don't realize that there is more to it than racing fuel, burnt clutches ,oil spills, screaming tires, it goes much deeper than that. So when Saturday comes around its like a Big family reunion. There is an unspoken bond between the drivers the pit crews & the fans & of course the track employees & owners. Ive caught many drivers going out of their way to help other drivers with their problems. Racing related or not. Don & Carol are Icons to CCspeedway.

With new owners comes new changes, hopefully for the good. I wanna thank Don Jr. for going out of his way to keep the track open the second half of the season.

:D CONGRATS to both the Yocums & Ms. Walton. :D

Its been a Blast watching Doug out there on the track. There has been a time when I wished he wasn't on the track. ( His second time ever in a race car & he rides the wall sideway from turn 4 to turn 1). But I saw he was fine and knew then the chances of him getting hurt was slim so I got into the racing with Doug pretty tight. Running with Carlucci Sr, Jr, Troy Vella, Chuck Perry, Steve The Shrimp, Bill Stephens and the other old timers all tought him very well. He's still learning cause he hasn't given me a CHECKER FLAG yet!! LOL :angry: But the season isn't over yet! And CC speedway will never die in racers hearts. Hope to see yall at the track as guess or driver?

There isn't a Saturday that we miss now. Thanks for the Great times we have had out here. Good luck in life as far as it will take you guys. Yall deserve it. God Bless.

Don Jr:

Its been nice working with you to help getting the word of the track out in Corpus again. Thanks for the chance to work with you guys. Its been pretty cool dealing with other than life as usual.

Hope to see you out in a car soon Donnie.

Wife of Railer #27 SS

Hey Greg,I think It would be cool if I was able to swing that sponsor deal if needed by next year. Business seems to be picking up,but I may go broke tomorrow. My company name on a known track winner sounds smart to me. Would be neat to hear" Double A Remodeling and Construction"(shameless plug) every weekend after your feature win. Slicks or not you will win enough each week to afford a set.(lol) Anyway,good luck to all racers next year as well as owners.

Oldtimer I understand more than you I just dont understand you. :lol:

A - FRICKING - MEN to that!!!! :lol:

ok i have been nice .now that old worthless snake has poke in on the fun .. i know you dont understand me ..im only comeing down to your level once this time im above you ...im in the chipmunk level not squirrel level . :D:lol::lol: now can you two understand this part ..come up with something more to talk aboult then me .let me give you a hent ..track sold ..thats what this thread is all aboult .. :lol:

We are cancelling races on July 28th. Corpus Christi Speedway will race on Aug 4th, with the going away bash for Mr. & Mrs. Yocum...Get your cars ready we will have media there and promotions....Contact us for more details:

Shelma or James 210-218-7655

Oldtimer if this topic was about barbies you would be the only guy in the topic. Your in every topic.lol :lol:

lol whats wrong with barbies ..

We are cancelling races on July 28th. Corpus Christi Speedway will race on Aug 4th, with the going away bash for Mr. & Mrs. Yocum...Get your cars ready we will have media there and promotions....Contact us for more details:

Shelma or James 210-218-7655

hated to see all this rain wanted to meet you . so maybe next week ..

How about time trials and a 50 lap Super Street feature on the 4th for the Yocum's farwell. Who agrees on that? Come on lets put on a show for these wonderful people. They have allowed us to keep running even under rough conditions. We can invert the top 6 by a roll of a dice.

WE WILL BE THERE CAR & B.B.Q. PIT & ALL MY FAMILY. THANK YOU YOCUMS FOR ALL THE GOOD TIMES MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

ill be working over time to get our cars there .. lalo may have to borrow some stuff ..ill bring some meat aswell ..can thumper have some bbq lalo he's looking a little thin thease days ....so every one this is a going away and thank you party with some racen in between .aswell as a welcome party to the great new owners ... let's make it a good one ...shelma may have to take up key's and put out some tarps for poeple to pass out on .

Hey Lalo,are you ready to race in your own backyard again?Its not the same without you and the 20 cars you sponsor.With you and Bubbas 20 cars we can have our 25 or more minies again.Just like the old days.

Matt,the new owners might not let us have our match race now.If so I want a head start :lol:

I am hearing many rumors about the future of CC Speedway and they are all good.Now its time for us racers to step up to the plate and show the new owners we are worth their effort.Thumper wants me to paint over his scrapes so he can look good on TV.He will be 100% on the 4th.He wants SPEED.He is tired of getting tromped by wild horses.Time to fly.

MAN THAT WAS QUICK, THAT DIRT TRACK THEY BOUGHT SURE DIDN'T LAST LONG. I NOTICED THE PRESS RELEASE FOR THAT TRACK AND CC SPEEDWAY ARE IDENTICAL, HOPE THIS VENTURE LAST LONGER THAN THE OTHER ONE!

the last owner was the first person to announce they have sold this track ..and shelma is the owner ..so i say that is official .....

Archived