CCSPEEDWAY

i had a feeling this may come aboult ..or was it i was hoping this would ..i know carol and don put thier heart and soul into this track ..many years and dollar.s to make it a wonderfull facility to race at ..it has alot of history going back to the 40's ..through today ..many great driver's team's and fan's have made this track thier home and alot still race all thow some on dirt .. but they have fond memory's of those days they did .now the torch has been passed along to new and hopefully exciting future as it has always been in the past ...eventhow it's a sad day when we lose some of the greatest owners and promotor's this track has ever had .unfortunatly the great past has come to an end . and now a bright future can begin ... ........................ NOW ILL SAY THIS TO THE YOCUM.S .. FROM A PERSONBLE THOUGHT AND FROM MY FAMILY ..IT HAS BEEN A GREAT AND WONDERFUL PLEASURE TO WORK AND RACE WITH YOU.. WE MAY HAVE NOT ALWAYS BEEN ON THE SAME PAGE WITH EACH OTHER .BUT I WOULD NOT HAVE MISSED IT FOR THE WORLD .. IT IS A SAD DAY FOR MY FAMILY AND I TO SEE SUCH GREAT OWNERS STEPPING DOWN . I ALSO HAVE A MUCH GREATER RESPECT FOR YOU IF THAT COULD HAPPEND FROM WHAT I ALREADY HAD... FOR NOT SHUTTING THE DOORS DUREING THIS AND LAST YEAR .. I KNOW IN YOUR HEART YOU FELT THAT IS WHAT YOU HAD TO DO .. AND THE RACER'S WILL FOREVER BE INDEPTED TO YOU ...WE ARE GOING TO MISS YOU .... WITH ALL OUR LOVE THE MCCAINS THANK YOU ..

We are happy to announce the track has a new owner as of today.

:D:):D Congratulations. I know both Carol and Donnie are more than ready to retire. I would like to thank both of them for all of the hard work they have put into CC Speedway to keep it open for the drivers and fans and I wish them both well in their retirement. :rolleyes::D:rolleyes:

TO J&S .CONGRATZ .. YOU HAVE MADE A WONDERFULL INVESTMENT ..THE SKY IS THE LIMIT .AND I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO BRIGHT NEW FUTURE WITH EXCITMENT ON WHATS TO BECOME ..GOOD LUCK AND MAY IT BE A SUCCESS THAT YOU WANT IT TO BE ..

Congratulations Donnie and Carol on the sale of the track.Its been wonderful working for you and we are gona miss you alot.Thank you for all your time and support you have put into the track. you have made it enjoyable for me to watch my kids race at your track.You made it a very nice place to work at and I am always glad to be associated with C.C. Speedway.Welcome to the New Owners!!!!I know you will do lots of wonderful things for the track and I look forward to working with you.Welcome to the fastest 1/4 mile Asphalt Track in Texas!! Asphalts for Racing!!!!

Sincerely, Robin Kemp

C.C. Speedway Pit Lady

REAL RACERS RACE ASPHALT

They should switch to Friday nights and rename it Texas Dirt Raceway....they already have the website. :ph34r: Not a bash just a suggestion. :)

EDIT: On second thought keep it CC Speedway since theres so much history....but still change to Fridays with a layer of dirt.

:rolleyes:

They should switch to Friday nights and rename it Texas Dirt Raceway....they already have the website. :ph34r: Not a bash just a suggestion. :)

EDIT: On second thought keep it CC Speedway since theres so much history....but still change to Fridays with a layer of dirt.

look forward to racing and all the TEAM efforts to make CC a Great place to race!

88 nellie

My family & I wish to THANK Donnie, Carol & Don Yocum for all their efforts & success at keeping CC Speedway open thru the years. They have worked hard & should be rewarded for all the labor & aggravation that goes with racing. I was lucky enough to win the very first race, a six car Trophy Dash, when they took over in 1992. Hope Donnie & Carol get to enjoy retirement !

Congrats to the new owners & Good Luck with your new venture. You have purchased a significant piece of racing history, I only hope you can provide the future this track truly deserves.

For all the people who have contributed time & effort thru the years; THANKS, without everyone involved the track couldn't survive.

I wish the track well and hope to see it succeed as it has done in the past. I vote to keep the name the same as it has been for decades (around 6). The history is monumental and insurpassable in my eyes. Saturday nights at the asphalt track are a must,as it has been for years. My only suggestion would be to convert all classes to slicks since all other tracks in South Texas do the same, and maybe add a late model or pure stock class. I don't know my butt from a hole in the ground ,but I do know what I like and have seen some of this work in the past. Good luck to the future owners and hope all goes well.

Congratulations to you Carol and Donnie. I know this is something that you have wanted to happen for a few years now. Donnie's health has kept him from doing many of the things he loved to do at the track and also has put more on your shoulders to do. I really do hope that you two can enjoy your retirement and that health will let you do some of the things you want to do and go places you want to go to.

Who ever would have thought back in 1994 when I come back home to Corpus and went to the track to watch my son in law race that it would lead us to moving back home and my husband (Gary to those of you who don't know) racing at the track and me working at the track. Many years of working there and oh so many long hours and getting home in the wee hours of the mornings but I wouldn't trade not one second of it for anything. Not only did my working there give me the chance to meet many nice people who include drivers, employees, fans but to also make some great friends.

Again congratulations to all involved.

Charlotte Clanton

Well all kidding aside,I too want to thank Donnie and Carol and the wonderful people who have been insturmental in running CC Speedway for these past years.iIts the only place besides home where I feel important.I have raced minis since 1969 at tracks all over South and Central Texas and I can tell you that at CC Speedway the mini class has always been as important of a class as any other class of cars.Most other tracks minis were tolarated or ignored completely or in most cases not included.At CC Speedway the 4 cyl cars enjoyed great success.

When I first started this last campain in 1994 I had reservations having just ended a bad experience at my home track.Donnie Yocum made my feel that if I follow the rules of conduct I will be welcome as much as a local.That has never changed.At other tracks I was told to move along so their new drivers can have success.Some tracks even called ministock racing just for beginners although most race these forever.I have always run my business with import cars only and have no business with V8s.Donnie gave me a place to use my skills and experience.I have met many fine people at CC Speedway over the years and have many lasting friendships.It truly is a place of great history from the AJ Foyt midget days to the Terry Labontie days to the Rick Rapp and now the Carluchie and Vela days it seems like a big family.

I wish nothing but the best for the new owner and hope the tradition continues.CC Speedway has magic that few places on earth can enjoy.Donnie and Carol have kept this magic alive and now they pass the torch to allow someone else to also make history.Thank you Yocum family and may all your laps bee green flag.I am proud to be a CC Speedway racer. G.B.Carter,driver of THUMPER

Thanks to the Yocum's for the last 16 years. I've been at CC since I was in diapers. 1992 was my first year of racing and I have been racing CC ever since with thousands of laps on the track, thanks to the Yocum's hard work and dedication in keeping the track up and running. I look forward to the future of CC, if not for me but for my nephew and son who I hope will have the chance to add to the track's history.

Fred, if they change to slicks, will you sponsor my car for tires! Street tires are cheap, last forever, and put more of the racing in the hands of the driver. Unfortunately, the market for sponsors in Corpus is thin, and we don't want to price out prospective racers or the guys that are already racing now. I love racing on slicks, fun is fast, but I sure don't want to have to look forward to buying new tires every 2 to 3 weeks just to run competitively.

I have been reading these posts' and I just wanted to say THANKS to all the drivers, crews, fans, employees, and occasional trouble makers that kept it interesting ;) . I like many, have grown up out at CC Speedway watching my Dad race and eventually started racing myself. I have meet many fine folks out there and appreciate everything that has been done to keep it going the last couple of years. This year has been a real team effort with all the promotions, and passing out flyers and radio spots and just getting the word out. Doug & Sherry, I can't thank you enough for all your running around you did for the track. Thank you ALL for your support and continued support to CC Speedway and I will see you all on saturday I have a feeling it will be an all nighter so be prepared ;)

ps. I may need to find a car to drive now

i can see it now ratdaddy back full time racen ..wonder how many poeple still around remember don and carol getting married going around cc .back i think 1969 .. i was there ..thought it was the crazyest thing i ever saw .. that just showed the love for this sport they both have ....

Archived