Naming Classes

Lucky161

I realize naming classes is more of an art than a science, but sometimes it can be confusing. What prompted this post is an ad in the classifieds for a bomber for sale for $4500. The ad stated they had over $8500 in the car and $3200 in the engine alone. They further stated that the car was not quite finished.

I was astounded. For $8500, I am racing a late model. Obviously not a brand new or even competitive late model, but that's what I would do with that much money. Or at least an IMCA mod, but NOT a bomber. To me a bomber is one that needed a little help avoiding the crusher.

I have always been aware of classes being "upgraded" such as calling street stocks "world class street stocks or calling what might be described as a sportsman as a late model etc., but I've not noticed the liberal terms used going the other way.

By the way this car sold fairly quickly in my opinion and the ad didn't even have a photo, so obviously someone thought it was a good deal.

So my question is, where do they race "bombers" that would honestly sell for $4500 not quite ready to race? And why don't they apply a name to that class that is a little more "upscale" than bomber?

Lucky,I know $8,500 sounds like alot of money,but that don't buy much car anymore.

You could buy a race ready (minus tires) modified right now for 6500. Anybody willing to float me a low interest/long term/high risk loan? I'm ready to buy it. :lol:

Lucky,I know $8,500 sounds like alot of money,but that don't buy much car anymore.

I understand that and I also know that my "normal" prices are skewed by old age. I actually bought gas for a quarter a gallon. And while I was commenting on both ends, I think I was concerned about a $4500 bomber with $8500 in it. My idea of a bomber is more like 27's.

on racingjunk.com,$8500 will buy a nice ride

I've learned to be careful about when you are pulling our leg. But I've done a little window shopping there and a couple of other places and late models can be purchased in that price range. How nice is probably the question. Of course I don't have $8500, but if I did, I wouldn't be spending it on a bomber. A slow late model might be what I would need anyway.

You could buy a race ready (minus tires) modified right now for 6500. Anybody willing to float me a low interest/long term/high risk loan? I'm ready to buy it. :lol:

And when you find that guy, get me his phone number so I can see if he has anymore money. No sense in letting a guy like that keep any of his money. :)

I just saw the pic of the car you mentioned. That's a beautiful car!

99 WHEN YOU FIND HIM .SEND HIM MY WAY ..HE PROBABLY HAS A BETTER JOB .THAN ME ..I WORK FOR ALOT OF POEPLE ... HEB ... CABLE TV .. ALL STATE ... CPL .. BANK ..IRS ..GMAC ... EXXON ..PHONE COMPANY ,,, SCHOOL DIST .. WATER AND GAS . LONE STAR CARDS FOR THOSE LAZY A&& POEPLE WHO DRIVE NICER CARS THAN I ..... AND WHO EVER ELSE THAT WANTS MY MONEY ..

Archived