ladybird johnson

thrss1

She cost a lot of junkyards a lot of money with her beautification legislation. Bet you wont see any flags lowered at your local bone yard.

I doubt that a lot of regular people would have much sympathy for wrecking yards. Myself, I am not a regular people. I am not only not offended by junk cars, I see junk cars as either works of art or potential works of art. If it was up to me there would be NO city ordanances prohibiting cars parked in the streets and yards, but that's just me. As a young kid, I considered one of my uncle's wrecking yards to be the best playground in the world.

iI WORKED IN A JUNKYARD FOR A WHILE AND INJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT ..YOU KNOW DRIVEING OLD JUMKERS THROUGH THE STACK OF CARS AS HARD AS YOU COULD TO SEE IF YOU CAN KEEP FROM WRECKING THE WRECKED CAR INTO A WRECKED CAR .... TONS OF FUN SO TO SPEAK ..AND MIKE ..IS SHE THE ONLY ONE YOUR MAD AT ..

iI WORKED IN A JUNKYARD FOR A WHILE AND INJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF IT ..YOU KNOW DRIVEING OLD JUMKERS THROUGH THE STACK OF CARS AS HARD AS YOU COULD TO SEE IF YOU CAN KEEP FROM WRECKING THE WRECKED CAR INTO A WRECKED CAR .... TONS OF FUN SO TO SPEAK ..AND MIKE ..IS SHE THE ONLY ONE YOUR MAD AT ..

Not totally related, but Bubba Shobert the great motorcycle racer's family had a little bit of money and had a ranch in west Texas. I didn't know him personally, but I did know one of his cousins. He told me that Bubba bought a bunch of old junkers and would have his friends over and they would race these cars around the ranch on a makeshift dirt road course. Sounded like a lot of fun to me.

No OT , not mad at Lady Bird. But I knew a lot of fellow junkyard owners who were. We still run our "yard cars" out back some times. If it ever dries up again we are going to carve out a real banked track to play on.

Most fun racing around the yard is at night...with no lites!

No OT , not mad at Lady Bird. But I knew a lot of fellow junkyard owners who were. We still run our "yard cars" out back some times. If it ever dries up again we are going to carve out a real banked track to play on.

Most fun racing around the yard is at night...with no lites!

SOUNDS LIKE FUN ..

Archived