It has already started

97car

:angry: Oh brother here we go the name confusion has already started between San Antonio speedway and the dragstrip San Antonio Raceway. I was on who won.com and under the tracks link they had two press releases one under San Antonio Speedway and one under San Antonio Raceway,both dealing with the IHRA nationals coming up next weekend.

Not that I keep track of things like this but....

All incoming calls are routed through a computer showing time, date, etc. Since last Thursday I have logged over 400 calls. Less than 10% were calls related to San Antonio Speedway. Over 90% wanted information about the Amalie Nationals.

There is a positive side to this though. It has given me an opportunity to meet some potential fans and sponsors.

Mike Sepich

I just sent a message to whowon about getting that changed,San Antonio RACEWAY should have there hands slapped or something for Naming thier track so close to Sa Speedway,wasnt a good business Idea,to much confusion.Other companies have had legal issues of naming the business so close to thiers and causing problems.The track in Marion has done good to over come all the people in the area battles,why he would name it so close to the other???

The advertising budget for the SA Raceway event must have been a bunch! I'm constantly hearing ads on both radio and TV. I even saw it as a headline on the mysa.com website! I didn't check the paper today, but I'll bet there's some big coverage there also.

Is anyone planning to go? I'm just curious about the payoffs from so much advertising. As I've heard (and proven) many times before in the sales world . . . "It takes money to make money!"

Debbie

Archived