Who is on the car

Nathan

ok got mom to read the entire thread and she finally agrees that it could be (is) Bubba. thank you all for your help. I will try to scan more pictures later.. :D

One other number that Storbeck ran under was the #63. It was a 57 chevy with a Gold top, and a silver/blue over the rest of the car. Me and my brothers have a least 4 or 5 old photo albums full of these pictures back from the day. We started going there around 1971-72. My dad pitched in a little to sponsor the 63 and the 02. Man, those were the days!

That 55 is the car I believe to be in the original pic with Woodall.

I really only remember Harold Oatman and Storbeck running those half-high numbers, and Harold took 1976 off to crew Bubba to the Championship at Pan-am.

• 7 months later...
Craig (see86go) sent me this picture of Bubbas car for another project, and after looking at it Im pretty sure its the same one in the photo with Buddy

I'm still not convinced - I hate to say it, but the driver on the hood is too thin to be Storbeck.....to be continued.

• 1 year later...

Its not Buddy Yantis, because I was Buddys Crew Chief during this time and he was my best friend, as long as I knew Buddy and that goes back to the earley fiftys his car always was #2 Bean was always #5, Harold Oatman was my cousin and the first car that he had which I help build was # 55 hobby stock, than we went to #50 super stock because Bubba had #55, Robert Beardslee was my brother and he never had a camero that I knew about, he always was Beans Crewman and friend but who knows because I was getting away from car raceing in the late 70's and raceing motor cycles with my son.

• 7 months later...
ok all I know that the 42 car is my grandpa (Buddy woodall). Who is on the car? frank could not remember who it was and grandpa past before we found the picture.

post-3641-1183376890_thumb.jpg

That is my dad, Bubba Storbeck. Wow!

Dale - I'm not sure if you remember me. My daddy is Don Martin, my mother is Susie Martin and my brothers are Preston and Avery (my twin). The story I've been told by Preston was that when your dad and mom lived on Shadow Bend in SA, my brother Preston used to bug the heck out of Bubba. Well, Bubba being the crafty gentlemen that he was suggested to my brother that he might ought to go the races at Pan Am on Saturday nights to get his kicks. It was your daddy's advice that got us three boys hooked on racing permanetly. I'm living in Wisconsin now following the local dirt tracks around here. If you have any pics of my folks with yours, it would be great if you could post them. How are Bubba and Betty doing these days? My mother passed away in May of 09 and my daddy still lives in SA. Look forward to hearing from you....Wes

I't don't look like Bubba arm,s leg,s too too long .I'm saying it look's like Robert B. Ricky Ware had #550 and then #55 ,Bubba had #55 for a little bit, just can't remember was if it was before or after the #63. I'm thinking it was after I do remember it was a FORD FOR ONE SEASON, he tried running a automatic trans .

• 1 year later...

Archived