CCSPEEDWAY RACES

Maybe we didn't have a full house of race cars,but sure had lots and lots of kids and they all had a blast.

They are all wanting to do it all over again. The Celebrity race was short but they all had a good time. No one wrecked the cars. Our regular races were filled with lots of action and wrecks which was terrible. No one got hurt. Our Fans were out in full force,so we are doing something right. The rain was never a threat.

All and all a good night.WE would like to thank all the drivers and staff that put forth an effort that really paid off. Thanks again.

Carol Yocum

SUPER STREET

1ST HEAT

1--12 --Jody Stuart

2--45--Clare Randell

3--11--Mark Hudler

4--81--Mark Villarreal Jr.

5--7--Mathew Kaminski

6--66--Troy Hensiek

2ND HEAT

1--34--Greg Carlucci Jr.

2--20--Troy Vella

3--78--John H. Witzsche

4--51-- Greg Rohmer

5--06-- Cory Certain

6--84--Greg Carlucci Sr.

FEATURE

1--20-- Troy Vella

2--34--Greg Carlucci Jr.

3--12--Jody Stuart

4--45--Clare Randell

5--11--Mark Hudler

6--84--Greg Carlucci Sr.

7--51--Greg Rohmer

8--66--Troy Hensiek

9--27--Douglas Lestourgeon

10--78--John Witzsche

11--38--Mo Betta

12--81--Mark Villarreal Jr.

13--7---Matthew Kaminski

Bombers

HEAT 1

1--82--Anthony Monroe

2--85--Chris Silvas

3--8---Steve Chesnutt

4--72--Robert Curry

5--28--David Moore

FEATURE

1--85--Chris Silvas

2--82--Anthony Monroe

3--72--Robert Curry

4--28--David Moore

5--8--Steve Chesnutt

TEXAS THUNDER

1ST HEAT

1--15--Charly York

2--77--GB Carter

3--29--Johnny Guerra

4--88--Nellie Kelley

5--9---Eric Guerra

FEATURE

1--15--Charly Youk

2--77--GB Carter

3--29--Johnny Guerra

4--88--Nellie Kelley

5--47--Danny Blaker

CELEBRITY RACE

82--Michael Rhodes

dang charley what did you put in that ford . and super street better start paying attention to big fat ... btw thunders .. finaly fired up the old 28 ford . looks like it will be on the track next weekend .. still have our work cut out with new set up and trying to figure out those tires .but well get there im sure .. charley you wont have to feel so alone anymore ...

The rest of the Celebrity race was.

82 - Michael Rhoads - 1440 Keys, 92.7 KBAY

28 - Eric Von Wade - 1440 KEYS, Action 10 News

85 - KRIS 6 News

Eric, did a pretty god job recovering from a spin in turn 1 & 2, gave michael a run for his money at the start.

Tune in to Michael Rhoads and James Lee, for the Motorheads Show, on 1440KEYS, Today 9:00-12:00, talk cars and CCSPeedway

OT,

Troy and jr. didn't seem to pay much attention when they blew by me. I don't think the Supers have much to worry about. Had a great time again.

What a fun freakin' track to race. Tough night for a couple of cars out there. The Bullring collected some nice cars, unfortunately. Sure hope the cars start showing up. Would hate to see another SAS type situation.

Thanks to CC Speedway for letting me come down and play.

hope your comeing next week we should have a car there .maybe two of them then after that three ..we want to go back to haveing fun racen local .. to much trouble and exspence to travel ..and when you do you have to be on your game just to run up front and hope everything works out ..heck i think im going to climb into the 7 car maybe and run it down here and gets seat time .and give the class a boost .lisa car is almost ready and jr car maybe ready this week . just go back to haveing fun .we win we win .we dont we dont ..just want to have fun .... if we get our cars ready that will make aboult 8 or 9 .. then get price to run his car thats another one ...got to support out local asphault track ..and besides we have some new fans just wateing for us to make it out so they can watch ...

Big Fat- had fun racing with ya. wish I could of been up there a little closer though, Troy Vella and Jr. always put on a show realfast. S.A. represented well though, good job guys sorry 92 nice car though thats the BULLRING happened to me a couple of times, don't be mad- you were still racing better than most people :( hopfully see you all next week

HOOLIGAN OUT!!!

GREAT JOB Bacon Bit & Chris first feature wins NICE!!!!!!

HOOLIGAN FOR LIFE

STREAKIN' DEACON'

Thumper had a good nite even though he did not win.I knew something would happen,it always does after a major wreck like last race.

Charley had a great race however and got a clean sweep.Whatever they fixed made the car much faster in the turns.Congrats to him.

I almost won the heat but by the time I got to the 15s door it was over.In the feature it looked like Nellies race but I almost caught her when she wiggled then spun out. and threw her LR tire at me.I wish people would quit throwing tires at me.She was really fast and running a good line but the axle broke.I jamed the brakes so hard I broke the shift linkage on my trans and could not get 2nd gear anymore..I ran 3rd and took a high line to get RPM but 15 was too fast.I thought about cutting him off but I dont like that kind of driving.He was a little loose off the turns so I thought I could out handle him in the turn but on the last turn he came off 4 straight as an arrow and beat me by 2 foot.The race was 1 lap too long for me.Oh well,thats racing.

I do want to give a heads up to CC Speedway and Carol especially because near driver meeting time we only had 2 cars.Rather than send us home they wetre talking about running us with the bombers,Of course Nelly and I agreed as long as we started in front or back but not middle.I drove one of those bombers one nite and got a headache from the banging I got.I tell you,those guys are tough.I really wanted to run Super Street but I knew I would just be in the way.Even though I can time in the top 5 on the watch,I could not race with them.I am faster in the turns but they are much faster in the straight.The 7 car offered to run a grudge match with me sometime to really see if I had a chance and I agreed if CC would allow it.

In the end 4 more cars showed up and we races ourselves.Even with only 6 cars in the pits they paid full purse to us.Charley and I made 320$ between us and thats more than the track in the south pays in total purse for the class and half what the neighbors pays everybody.That tells me thunder cars are more important to CC Speedway than anywhere else.Oldtimer,it doesnt get any better anywhere else,I know because Ive been everywhere else.If you miss this,you will regret it.If I was a STS racer I would still make CC on every off nite.But that just because Im a racer,comes from the old modified days.If theres a race,Im there.I did not build my car to sit around.Thank you CC Speedway for keeping Thunder Cars an important part of the show.And what a Super Street race,just like the old days.Great win Troy.Did not see the bomber race,in teck.And I never saw so many kids in one place before.Congrats to my son Zachary for winning the adult bicycle race.That Hooligan guy really took off fast but ran out of gas at the end.Great nite for all.

gb we are going to be out soon .hopefully one or two cars ..if not all three plus one from sa ..so the thunders are going to grow some more .wether we can run with you guys is to be seen .you all have had some years on those tires .. so yah have a big advantage over us .so now i have to do my homework ..know any good teachers ..lol ... should be fun ..thats all we are comeing for fun ..may finish back in the back or front but either way we want to finish and have some good old fashion get it on racen ..heck im going to get to be out there with you ..see if two old guys can get it done . i cant let just one old guy have all the fun now can i ..so we..ll see .you soon ..now im going to go work on lisas car right now ..got to get that rabbit killer ready .. a rabbit hunting we will go ..btw do you have an old firesuit ..

I always give away races,thats like handing out money and everyone knows I dont care about money.Just curious but where did you finish and how much did that pay?Just keeping my options open.Too late with the lead,already have it.I had a speedboat but now its a barge.

I always give away races,thats like handing out money and everyone knows I dont care about money.Just curious but where did you finish and how much did that pay?Just keeping my options open.Too late with the lead,already have it.I had a speedboat but now its a barge.

thats ok gb we have a ship for you to push .... are you saying the jack has left the rabbit ..

i finshed 3rd dont worry about how much you just said you did what i said let someone win so you dont have to add more weight to thumper rember three wins add 100 lb or did purplelady change that rule for cc number one driver :D:D:D:D

I believe that weight rule your refering to is the one Rio Grande Speedway implemented under the direction of Carl Shock when he owned it.I only have to carry 280 pounds of lead for CC.RGS was going to add the weight to the front bumper of anyone fast .That announcement at the banquet ended the car count for several years.

I forgot the dirt racers dont race for money when I asked about the payout.Since money is not important you might want to try McAllen a few times on your off nite for a chance to run in a full field of cars.They just got a decent car count in Thunders but you need to hurry because at 95$ the first nite and 70$ every nite after for pit admission to win 75$ the car count will not last long.Thunder drivers are usually the brokest people but they must do their part to subsidise the modified and limited purses.At least at STS you can break even if you dont travel far.

OT,Thumper is more of a pumper with having to weigh the same as a Ford with a much smaller engine.It affects the stopping the most.I can usually avoid a wreck like when the 13 car ran over the 15 and they both ran over me and the 96.BTW I hope he can get repaired and back out soon,Im hoping he does not think we are upset about that incident,the bullring is just a place where bad things can happen very quickly.Super fast and no escape sometimes.Even when your perfect it can bite you.

This weekend is military nite at CC Speedway.Im hoping the guys at the Navel base will get intrested in racing Thunder cars again.Back in the Riverside days they had the most mini stocks and were a great bunch of guys to race and party with.We will see.

A full field of cars how many thunders where at cc last weekend 5 we had 10 and 1 at home with a bad moter and the money was 70 who really cares about that no one is going to get rich racen at local tracks it is not nascar B)

GB how many more negative things can you say about STS. What are you gonna do if CC does happen to shut down(hope it dont) because as much bad stuff you have said about STS and the payouts and everything else you wouldnt wanna show up. :angry:

NOW TIM TAKE A TIME OUT ..DONT WANT YOU TO BUST ONE OF YOU SQUIRREL BUTTONS ...IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN ..LOL YOU KNOW THAT GB HAS ALWAYS HAD SOMETHING TO SAY ABOULT ANY TRACK THAT HE MAYNOT BE RACEN AT THAT TIME ..I MEAN IF WE CAME OUT AND BEAT HIS BUTT EVERY WEEK HE WOULD SAY SOMETHING BAD ABOULT THAT ..FOR HE WOULD GO HOME WITH LESS MONEY .AND WE KNOW THATS NOT GOOD FOR HIM THOW ..WE WILL BE AT CC THIS WEEK WITH ONE CAR FOR SURE AND ANOTHER ONE MAYBE ..NOT GOING TO SET THE WORLD ON FIRE BUT WE WILL BE THERE ..YOU KNOW WORKING ON GETTING THAT CAR UP FRONT TO PLAY WITH GB ..SMILE //WHATS BAD WE WILL HAVE THE 3 CAR RUNNING SOON AND THE 7 CAR SOON AND THEN GB WILL HAVE TO RACE A FEW MORE FORDS ..NOT GOOD LOL ..SHOULD BE FUN ,FUN ,FUN .

GB is going to be mad about everthing i would like to race cc but not with some of the great drivers "15,88" I would be told not to come back so I really don't care if cc gets out of the raceing game or not don't get me wrong I would like to race with the # 27 ,91,3,7,19,13,28 ,26,29 ,8,34 and anyone I left out :):D:lol:B)

I think all of you need to shut [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/4/07] up and race were your going to race and support racing in south texas while we still have it here ...unlike some towns out there dont have a track..they have to travel far to go race....so who cares about payout are who did what or who let who win and go racing........this [edited out by Nick Holt, 7/4/07] is getting old getting on here reading the samething every dam week ........... :angry::angry:

PS if i make anyone made sorry just getting old reading the same o thang........................

You too Hooliganz (66?). It's been a blast the last and only 2 times I've been there. The 970s make my Roadrunner competitive enough in the cornerns to handle the butt whoopin' I take down the str8 aways. Not sure I'll be able to make it down with the car this coming weekend, I'm gonna try, but I'll be there to witness if not. Got to see the bomber race last weekend and those guys were puttin' on a show. 1st and second and most of all 3rd, 4th and 5th, that was a hell of a finish.

I am going to take my STS purestock to CC Speedway this weekend to run with the Super Streets and so are some of my fellow racers. My brother and maybe my wife will be racing in the bombers.

Bobby Jack

And you know the tire rules :D You raced alot at CC Speedway. So come join us and have a Great time, your more than welcome and so is all welcomed :D

LOOKS LIKE THERE WONT BE ANY RACEN THIS WEEK IF IT DONT STOP RAINEN ..HECK FINALY GET A CAR READY AND IT DOES .THIS ....GO FIGURE .. NOW IT .S OUR TURN ..TO WAIT ..WELL THAT MEANS WE CAN START ON THE OTHER CARS THIS WEEKEND IF WE DONT RACE ,,

Archived