Thunder Hill Raceway so far this year

8,,,,they had alittle help.

6-7,,,but i understand

?

6-7,,,so far

9,,,,,,,or you talking about the pavement? i still don't like the extension off of two

1,,,i try but i don't get out much.

every week it could be something different......this week i say hiring milton as announcer. a good announcer wiil keep them coming back as much as a good race will...back at longhorn AND THR it wasn't nearly the same without big jim.

we need at a minimum 5 more races a year for the local classes , it's a real drag.....really i can't stress it enough. 2 or three times i've thought about building a dirt car

-all in all we have a very nice track to run at , i'd run peanuts with my nose around the track for mary ann before i'd race anything for most other owners/promoters........so things aren't too bad.

Oh my Aaron and I thought we were friends! LOL, well without starting a direct thread on THR, I thought after 24/7 trying to keep one of the last asphalt tracks alive, we get critiqued enough on regular threads, now, I gotta spend any possible free time monitoring this one, just to help clarify any possible postings. Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't. I think this is why before my dad died at the age of 59, he decided promoting stock car racing was way too stressful and shortly there after, he died! :( I am 52

Haven't been able to make it up there yet this year, every time i've started to it rained but I can answer 7A.

As the only track in this area to not go belly-up this year, I would say that you are doing SOMETHING right. Especially when if you really consider it you are in probably the toughest location to be successful.

Also if the support and loyalty you seem to get from the racers is any indication, you will be plugging along long after many others in similar positions would have had to fold. Haven't had the pleasure of meeting you M.A.N. but have heard nothing but good about you since the first time I heard of you which was the first year of TSRS.

Mary Ann is such a sweet lady, she is doing a great job at THR, i'll give a 10 to all 7 questions.

im with you .. and i have not been up there this year .i have never had a complaint ..purty darn good how many times can you find a track your happy with ..love it there ..now if she would move it closer to cc ill be really happy ..

I want to thank Mary Ann and staff for what they have done for the SAS drivers. I really appreciate that someone cared enough, about people they did not even know, to help us out. I have felt right at home at THR. I was really impressed that David and Jack remembered my name after the first time we were there. I would say that is being very professional. The other drivers at THR have made us feel very welcome. I think this is because they feel very secure themselves at THR.

Of course, I miss the 1/2 mile track of SAS. I am having a harder time getting the THR track conquered.

Just to think, I was going to give up racing after SAS closed. That fishing boat was really calling me. THR has made such a good impression on me that I now look forward to race weekend. I will have to save the fishing until I can no longer race, which at my age, is not far off.

I think everyone is doing a fabulous job at THR. I'm proud to say that I am a THR racer.

Mona Turner

#19 THR Thunderstock

i hope nobody to negativity from my post?

i meant it in a good way.

there is always room for improvement in anything you do in life. if you settle,,,,,well then you just settled.

i've got more respect for mary ann as a track owner and promoter than any words i type on here could say.

I never read the original post before Aaron posted it, but I'll say that I think the THR management team has done a great job this year. The track looks great week after week, the communication with the racers has been good, and we've got a great place to race!

I get the impression that Mary Ann and her staff work their tails off all week long during the week preceding a race, and maybe the other weeks also. We're appreciative of their hard work.

One thing is for sure, closing the track would be easier than keeping it open, and maybe more profitable. Let's keep supporting the place so we can keep racing.

Well put Chase, I want to thank Marry Ann and all the THR staff for all the hard work that they do. They have made my transaction from SAS back to THR a whole lot easier and made us feel very welcomed.

I think the track is doing a great job car counts are up

the stands look like they are getting more fans in them

keep up the good work

driver of the 75 thunder stock if i ever get it finished

i am starting to sound like kn1ghtblade

lol me too .havent had a car on track all year ..

after growing up attending races all my life , as well as racing at SAS for several years, i can honestly say that THR brings me back week after week, and i dont even miss the NASCAR banners.

just for the record,when i moved here from N.Y., i went to SAS in 88 and did not go back till 90 so just having a track will not automatically have me in a seat.

the atmosphere is freindly and open (theres probably a bigger more dramatic word but..ive never been accused of being articulate ) and i love the buffet line for food ...wtg on that one .

July 14th is out for me , due to the wifey planning a Coast trip for us that weekend...but i will be there next time!!!

Archived