GORDON/JOHNSON PENALTIES

ratdaddy

Why allow the two to race? Because, despite what all the haters would have you believe, Jeff Gordon is the second most popular driver in NASCAR and they'd have to be really insane to keep him out of the race, particularly with the year he's having. (Other drivers may say the COT is too hard to drive, but the Hendrick boys seem to be able to drive it just fine.)

Why did they do any of this? Because it's their field and their football, and they can, and because NASCAR is not a racing organization, but a highly lucrative entertainment venue. If you want to see racing, hit THR or HRP or TDR on a Friday or Saturday. Everything else is just a show, but WWE has proved it doesn't matter - we just love soap operas and good guys and bad guys...

I guess you have seen the script. So who is going to win the championship this year? Surely it has to be one of the Hendrick boys.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to know how many times in one year can a Nextel Cup crew chief be busted before he is suspended for the rest of the season or indefinately. They sent Mikey Waltrips crew chief packing... but not Knaus? :angry:

That is true I think Nascar needs to [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/28/07] and slap a little harder on Knaus. He is about a cheatin [edited out by Nick Holt, 6/28/07] Waltrips guy did one little stupid thing that didnt even make him faster then most them guys and he gets booted Knaus gets caught again and again and again and alls he get is suspended. Fire his A$$.

Knaus and Johnson don't have to cheat to win. The rules state that the template must make contact at all points on the car. The template made contact on all points on the car but obviously there is room for interpretation on this one. It seems like ever since Bill France Jr. died, Brian France and Helton have just run wild with the fines and suspensions. Knaus and letarte should have had to go back and fix their cars and come back through tech. This event was less of an issue that Jr's wing mount and they got a stiffer fine. Nascar better watch out or what happenend to CART will happen to them. It's a shame when big brother starts getting to big. Nascar needs to be knocked down a peg and not worry so much about making examples and let's go back to grassroots settle it on the track racing. So the Hendricks boys thought of something that nobody else did and it wasn't in the rule book. Good for them.....Yes I'm a Hendricks fan and it's because they push the envelope but they don't need to they win races even without it.

I think the COT is NASCARS way of getting back into control. They needed to do something, or the rampant cheating “creative interpretation” was going to ruin the sport. I think in the Knaus case, NASCAR probably felt that they went beyond the spirit and intent of the rules. In other words---tried to slip a fast one by.

The thing about the template fitting, but they massaged areas in between the templates. LOL!!!!!!! Our rules state that our air dam has to be 2 inches off the ground....(It does not say the complete air dam has to be 2 inches off the ground) I’m going to dig right into that gray area. I am going to be looked at one of three ways if I go there. 1) an innovator, 2) a cheater or 3) a REAL DUMBA$$.. I say Knaus is 2 of the 3

In 7 years he has been fined 194,250.00 -- what a bonehead.

I think the COT is NASCARS way of getting back into control. They needed to do something, or the rampant cheating “creative interpretation” was going to ruin the sport. I think in the Knaus case, NASCAR probably felt that they went beyond the spirit and intent of the rules. In other words---tried to slip a fast one by.

The thing about the template fitting, but they massaged areas in between the templates. LOL!!!!!!! Our rules state that our air dam has to be 2 inches off the ground....(It does not say the complete air dam has to be 2 inches off the ground) I’m going to dig right into that gray area. I am going to be looked at one of three ways if I go there. 1) an innovator, 2) a cheater or 3) a REAL DUMBA$$.. I say Knaus is 2 of the 3

In 7 years he has been fined 194,250.00 -- what a bonehead.

And his boss gladly paid every penny of it.

Archived