THR Street Stocks wanting to run Octoberfast

car05

Like I said let me check with Mike and see what we can do... Mike handed me the sheet that had that info here at work but I couldnt remember which was which...I know he follows these threads so he may be on to let everyone know exactly what he will allow and what he wont. Just as a curiousity what are the differances between the Hobby Stocks and the Street Stocks? I noticed a spoiler on the Stocks so I imagine erverything else is engine and suspension related.

A glimpse at a few differences in rules on SAS Sportsman and THR Streets:

Tires

Ride Height 4-1/2" 5"

Weight 3300 3400

Rear Ends F/C stock mt. OEM only

Crank 48 50

Intake ? 2101

Carb 500 350

Cam open 333 max lift

Rocker Arms roller tips ok stamped steel only

Heads 62cc min 68cc min

There is quite a few differences, but for this special event there should be some way to bring these 2 classes together. Sure would be nice to see the pits in SA as full as they were at THR this weekend.

Also CC Super Streets class should fit in there somewhere.

Hey Marc,

The way they have it set up right now is that THR Hobby Stocks can run with their Sportsman cars under the THR hobby stock rules - no changes required.

If a street stock was going to run with them, you would have to run under the SAS Sportsman rules which would include a bunch of changes. The ones that come to mind are no lowering blocks in the rear, Edlebrock intake, camshaft, ride height, springs, carburetor, minimum weight, left side weight. I'm sure there are others. All in one week.

Sounds like a lost cause for a THR street stock.

Hell, let's just go sit in the stands and drink some beer! :D

Chase

Apparently the "no hybrids" part of the SAS rules were reconsidered. At least one THR street stock competeted in the Sportsman class last night, driven by Colt James. I'm glad to see Colt get to run the 05 car, but it would have been nice for SAS to let people know that their rules had changed. If they would have let people know that THR street stocks were allowed (contrary to their printed rules), they probably would have had more than 1 show up. <_<

cs

You know - there's a difference between being INVITED to run, and being allowed to run.

Personally, since there's "No place like Home", all the Kyle Boys who caused such long delays are more than welcome to stay at home next year.

This applies to street stocks, TAMS, and Trucks.

Maybe you can take the drivers out of Thunderhill, but you can't seem to take Thunderhill out of the drivers.

Archived