THR Street Stocks wanting to run Octoberfast

car05

txracefan

you need to look at you own classes they caused all the caustions in the races last nite not the guys from thr and the trucks are not from thr they are a touring class that run at all kinds and different tracks plus if im wright the trucks only had about four cautions, the latemodel that run at sas had twice the cautions than the tams and the trucks so you need to try to look at your track and you will see its not that much differance between all tracks , you always are going to have cautions be cause you have upwards of 25 to 30 cars that are running as fast as they can go and you going to have cautions in a race .

Chase and LBeaver,

following Nick's rules, I purposely didn't name any names, or insinuate any bashing on individuals in my previous response.

However, LBeaver, if you will go back and review JM's posts on all of the races last night, there were a BUNCH of Kyle drivers named as "caution causers" - and you can tour all you want - but every driver (at every level) has a track that they call "home".

Perhaps you're both right - I am a dedicated SAS loyalist (after trial and error of supporting/spending money at other tracks), BUT ultimately, a fan/supporter of all racing in Texas, hence the identifyer that I chose as TxRaceFan.

Either of you are welcome to go back through previous threads - and see - it's just as blatantly clear which track you guys wear the brown mustaches for...

txracefan

wellyou must not come to tsz that much , if i was bashing nick would have said some thing to me or deleted my thread , and every body in here know i dont bash becasue i dont like it and i have told people about it too when they were bashing a friend of mine . an as for me bashing i never said any names all i said was what i saw at the races last night . as for the track you think im brown mushasches for yes i go to thr is becuse it close to me i take care of my mom so i dont go to sas that much so you can see why im taking up for thr and i would like you to quote where i was bashing i looked and my last thread i dint see whereany bashing is in it .

it's just as blatantly clear which track you guys wear the brown mustaches for

TxRaceFan,

I don't take issue with what track you feel loyal towards. I think your earlier post was in poor taste because you suggested that THR drivers were the cause of too many cautions by virtue of the fact that they are THR drivers. Sure, I support THR when it's appropriate, but never at the expense of another track. I think SAS is an awesome track, and I can hold that view and support THR at the same time. I asked a question about why the track changed its rules without making the information more available, and you chose to use that as opportunity to bash THR drivers as a whole. Therein lies the problem I had with your post.

cs

Added info: I did as you suggested and read through JM's recaps again. Here's the summary: There were 15 caution periods among the Sportsman, Late Models, Modifieds, and Trucks. Of those 15 cautions, only 4 of them involved "Kyle" drivers, and most of those drivers are no longer Kyle regulars due to the fact that they run touring series. So now I really wonder why you choose to bash one group of drivers over another? You may have noticed in the past that I don't normally debate much on this board, but your post seemed to be pointless enough to warrant it. Now that I've looked at the facts, I feel even more strongly that your post was not warranted.

'nuff said on this topic.

WOW thats a little rough don't you think.As far as I'm conserned our brothers from kyle and houston are welcome in San Antonio every weekend.Just wish I could run my NASCAR Late model at houston and kyle by the weelbase rule kind of kills that.

Well said, Chase.

Personally, since there's "No place like Home", all the Kyle Boys who caused such long delays are more than welcome to stay at home next year.

I find it difficult to believe that one can call themselves a fan of all Texas racing, then tell a particular group of racers they can stay home. Txracefan must have not attended last year's Octoberfast, which had the exciting 2 hour long-30 lap SAS Charger marathon. This is not a bash of the SAS Charger drivers; it merely makes the point that where a driver normally races has no bearing on how many cautions the racing program has on a particular night.

and you can tour all you want - but every driver (at every level) has a track that they call "home".

You are completely incorrect in this statement. Both of the touring teams I crew for are based in Austin; that does not make Kyle their home track. The Modified team I work for would never claim Kyle as it's home track for reasons I won't go into here. Our Modified driver never raced Kyle until we started running the series. He has no home track. I live just north of S.A., and San Antonio is not my home track. Where would you say someone like Truck driver Jon Garrett's home track is? He's from Tyler, not close to any track he runs at.

The drivers and crews of "Kyle" have the same talent level, and put out the same effort as those at SAS, Corpus, Houston, and everywhere else. They are RACERS, not "Kyle drivers", and you are disrespecting all racers when you single out a group like you have in your previous postings. You would see this if you spent time in the pit area watching the racers from our level, where we help each other out without fail, regardless of the series, class, or the track we race.

We don't classify ourselves as anything but RACERS, and it is wrong of you to do otherwise.

You're right, Chase, 'nuff said on this topic. Txracefan will probably respond to all this, but I'm not going to argue on his level.

Archived