Rain or Race

keep trying #9

Reb,

It's 3:00 pm. No rain... practice is taking place as I type.

There are clouds around and there were a few very light sprinkles earlier, but THR often misses the showers on days like this.

I'm at the track with Rick Day.

Nick

Buddy-

I'm trying to reach Video Guy, who was almost at the track about 40 minutes ago, but he may not be able to hear his phone. I'm headed out in about five minutes and will call you when I get there, but I'm about 40 minutes away. PM me your phone number, or just wait about ten minutes and call me on my cell at 552-1367.

TQ

Nick, I'm 2 hours (of white knuckle) drive time from there. It's 4:45. How does it look?

It's a bit after 5:00 p.m. and we did get a pretty good shower at THR. But it's letting up now.

Races still on... will keep you informed.

Nick

Opps... we just got another heavy shower.. don't look good folks..

Nick

Mary Ann just announced that the races have rained out...

Nick

There was a show of hands vote at the meeting as to whether or not to make this one up next weekend. The vote appeared to win overwhelmingly in favor of racing next weekend, but the track elected not to do so. I think some of the travelling series could not commit to next weekend or something like that. Oh well, here's to racing in October.

Well, 4+ hours and a tank of gas later ............ :D

Sure hate to see the rainout. Especially for those who travelled so far and went to a lot more expense than I to be on hand.

Thanks for the thought TQ, but by the time of your post I was already in route. :)

There was a show of hands vote at the meeting as to whether or not to make this one up next weekend. The vote appeared to win overwhelmingly in favor of racing next weekend, but the track elected not to do so. I think some of the travelling series could not commit to next weekend or something like that. Oh well, here's to racing in October.

There were only 3 hands that went up when Mary Ann asked who wanted to run next week, so I'm not sure what you were looking at. She even said "there are only 3 hands that went up, so I guess you all don't want to do that. We can do it on a rain date in Oct.". If more than 3 hands were put up, why didn't anyone say hey I think you missed counted?

There were only 3 hands that went up when Mary Ann asked who wanted to run next week, so I'm not sure what you were looking at. She even said "there are only 3 hands that went up, so I guess you all don't want to do that. We can do it on a rain date in Oct.". If more than 3 hands were put up, why didn't anyone say hey I think you missed counted?

Guess you're right ron, my eyes must have deceived me. Here's what I saw - the first question asked was who wanted to race next week - it looked like about 50 hands were in the air. The second question asked was who did not want to make it up next week - about 6 or 7 hands were in the air. The third question asked was for those people who didn't want to race next week, and it was "who wouldn't care about next week IF they were allowed to drop one race from the points." Seemed like 9 or 10 people raised their hands that time. Maybe you were in a different meeting, but that's what I remember from the local classes driver's meeting. It's all water under the bridge now.

Chase,

There were two different meetings.... One for the local classes and one for the touring series.

You (local class) and ron.brown.11 (touring series) accurately described the vote taken at the meeting you each attended.

Nick

Chase,

There were two different meetings.... One for the local classes and one for the touring series.

You (local class) and ron.brown.11 (touring series) accurately described the vote taken at the meeting you each attended.

Nick

That's what I figured, and that explains why we aren't racing next weekend.

Thanks for the clarification Nick.

Archived