Earnhardt Jr to Hendrick Motorsports

PAPosse

Interesting development which, if true, could put Budweiser back on the #25, Kyle Busch out of a ride (surely just temporary) and Casey Mears to the Kelloggs #5 car.....JG and Lil' E teamates!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_ylt=A...t&type=lgns

NASCAR's most popular driver, Earnhardt has scheduled a news conference for Wednesday at 11 a.m. EDT, when he will officially announce his intentions for next season.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, the source said that Earnhardt will drive the Hendrick Motorsports No. 25 Chevrolet, which is currently piloted by Casey Mears. Consequently, Mears will replace Kyle Busch as the driver of the No. 5 Chevrolet.

Busch is under contract with Hendrick through the end of the 2008 season, but the source said that the 22-year-old will not be with the team next year

not a gordon fan, but aint too many out there make him look bad, especially not jr, he may make mears and bush look bad, but not the 24 or the 48.

i believe JPM(montoya) was given a special nickname in F1

Just Plain Mediocre.

give it to jr as well.

big john

and so na$car gets more like wrestling.............its like when hulk hogan went from good guy to the heel with the nwo.........all that is missing is jim ross saying "why jr, why".............hahaha...........

he wanted a team he could win races and championships with, so hendrick was a no brainer.......kyle busch has been embarassing hendrick as of late with his spoiled brat attitude, so why not kick him to the curb and replace him with na$car's most popular driver..........

ESPN announced the JR deal last nite,said Hendricks team will be the New York Yankees of Nascar with all the sponsorship dollars JR's bringing added to what Hendrick's already has.

ESPN announced the JR deal last nite,said Hendricks team will be the New York Yankees of Nascar with all the sponsorship dollars JR's bringing added to what Hendrick's already has.

Also in NASCAR news, Jack Roush just contacted Kleenex Corporation. He would like to take out a personal services contract, vowing to hold a box everytime he whines about being "outspent" in front of the camera and mentioning the Kleenex brand to the NASCAR beat reporters....

I say let Kylie go drive # 8 w/Bud and he and Kurt can have real beer wars!!!!!!!!

no excuses now for Little 3, best of everything, hopefully Eury stays behind @ DEI and he'll be in good shape. If he's leaving, he needs to break away from that whole deal.

Champ,

If your talking Hotwheels then I'd agree...

He has had good equipment and has done a good job, but don't give him to much credit. He has also had a good team and great team mates. I'm not sure I'd bet on his future though...

I say let Kylie go drive # 8 w/Bud and he and Kurt can have real beer wars!!!!!!!!

no excuses now for Little 3, best of everything, hopefully Eury stays behind @ DEI and he'll be in good shape. If he's leaving, he needs to break away from that whole deal.

You would have thought after the split between Jeffy and Ray that both their careers would have faultered. Didn't happen and wont happen with Dale Jr. Also, don't look for Jr. to play in the sandbox with the "pretty boys"

now we need Roger Clemens (Mark Martin) to go back to the red Sox (Roush)!!!!

I can see Mark standing in the Control Tower at Daytona in February - leaning out the window

"Well, they came and got me outta Arkansas - it's great to be back....I'll be talking to ya'll real soon"

Nah, Mark doesn't have the ego to pull some stunt like that - now if Roush could talk Rusty Wallace into coming back - :D

<snipe> <snipe> <snipe>

All in fun :P

Besides - Roush/Fenway"Red Sox" vs. the big bad Hendrick/"Yankees".....good stuff.

PAPosse,

You missed the last thread talking about the possiblity of Jr. going to Hendricks. I said, I could just see that. First thing Jr. would do is taking Jeffy Snipe hunting. (introduce him to the country way) :D:P:oB)

Jayski.com latest release

Dale Earnhardt Jr. to drive for Hendrick in 2008: announced via live on TV, Dale Earnhardt Jr., current driver of the #8 Budweiser Chevy for DEI, will drive for Hendrick Motorsports starting in 2008. Dale Jr. started the press conference with a short speach/explanation, then introduced his new team owner Rick Hendrick and unveiled the Hendrick Motorsports logo. One thing noticed...the biggest smile ever seen on Dale Jr.'s face.

Hendrick was asked about having a full stable of drivers, Hendrick immediately brought up Kyle Busch and working on a contract extension, that Busch was talking to other teams, Hendrick said conversations with Busch led both to realize it would be better for Busch to look at his other opportunities and part ways, but that Busch would run the #5 Chevy for the remainder of the season.

As for a car number and sponsor for Dale Earnhardt Jr., Hendrick said none of that has been finalized as of yet. (TV Coverage of the Dale Earnhardt Jr. Press Conference, transcript will be available later and posted)(6-13-2007)

<snipe> <snipe> <snipe>

All in fun :P

Besides - Roush/Fenway"Red Sox" vs. the big bad Hendrick/"Yankees".....good stuff.

PAPosse,

You missed the last thread talking about the possiblity of Jr. going to Hendricks. I said, I could just see that. First thing Jr. would do is taking Jeffy Snipe hunting. (introduce him to the country way) :D:P:oB)

Gotchya!! Now I get it.... B)

This is a great development for Nascar. I think personally it would be stupid to make a change in the 25 camp as they are just starting to get along and gel. Jr. will more than likely goto the 5 car and I don't the DEI will let go of the number 8 to Hendrick just to play the game of see who won. Just my opinion I could be wrong.

Archived