The Fans point of view

dano36

There was a nice little playground 2 seasons ago, i remember, because my son used to enjoy it on some nights when it went longer than expected and he got bored of just sitting. :D But, I believe they should have employed someone to watch over it or maybe some sign like "Play at your own risk, not liable". Of course, they really shouldn't have to if the parents are watching there own kids, but thats not always the case.

If we are going to get serious on keeping the kids entertained then what we need to do

is give them the one thing all kids enjoy and that is a pool.With our hot summer nights

I believe this would work at most tracks in Texas.There are issues that you would have

to work out,1.funding,2.space available,3.supervision, and some others I know will arise.

But these are our kids we are wanting to do this for.The sky is the limit.

Build it and they will come. :rolleyes:

post-743-1182543875_thumb.jpg

I have to say that might be the oddest idea i have ever heard of suggested for a race track. Kind of takes the whole Family Fun at the track out of the picture. And if all the kids are swimming, when are they going to get the experience of all the racing? If that the case, just drop the kids off at Splashtown and go to the races.

Maz, How is having a pool taking family fun out of the track.You said it yourself that your son

got bored just sitting there,he would love the idea of getting into a pool that was right there

at the track.You just suggested to split up your family by dropping them off at Splashtown.We

have a double A baseball team here in Corpus(The Hooks) that play at Whataburger field that has

a pool,basketball court and a play area for the kids.They have 3000 to 5000 fans at every game

and thats even during the week day games.I know they have big bugets to work with but they do have the right ideas to get the kids there.

Maz, How is having a pool taking family fun out of the track.You said it yourself that your son

got bored just sitting there,he would love the idea of getting into a pool that was right there

at the track.You just suggested to split up your family by dropping them off at Splashtown.We

have a double A baseball team here in Corpus(The Hooks) that play at Whataburger field that has

a pool,basketball court and a play area for the kids.They have 3000 to 5000 fans at every game

and thats even during the week day games.I know they have big bugets to work with but they do have the right ideas to get the kids there.

AND ONE HECK OF A PLAY GROUND .AND THE THEME IS BASE BALL ..GOOD CROUD AT THE GAME TUESDAY NIGHT ...... YOU GOING TO HAVE TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT TO GET THE FOKES OUT TO THE RACES ..MAYBE NOT A POOL .TO MUCH WORK TO KEEP IT CLEAN .NOT COUNTING THE COST TO BUILD ONE ..BUT IM WITH THE PLAY GROUND THING ..IT WORKED AT CC IN THE 80 .S .THE PARENTS LOVED IT AND IT WAS SMALL ..

My main point with having a pool would be that most if not all the kids would just want to go to a track/baseball game just to swim the entire time the family was there and could care less about what is actually happening. Now, with a playground, it is a nice break for some downtime/boredom to help. Personally, i wouldnt want to go to the track or baseball game and send my son off to the pool while i watch the races/game. So with this in mind, if your family went to the track or baseball game and your kids spent the whole night at the pool/basketball court or playground and you yourself of course were watching the action, how is that quality family time spent with other?

Here are some things I had wished SAS had when going to the races there and would be good probably at any track...

1. Seat backs, like Josh said above after about an hour my lower back was killing me , or if nothing else a rental deal to rent the portable seat cussions that have a back to them since I cant seem to find them anywhere to buy.

2. More tickets to drivers to give away to fans or possible fans to get more butts in the stands. This will always help...

3. Good food at a reasonable cost in the consession stands. Oh yea and a really quick and good beer stand... :) :) (personal favorate here) LoL

4. Like mentioned above any sort of shade for the spectators is a major plus, nobody wants to spend time getting ready to go out with the family then get there and sweat their tales off for 2 hours or so waiting on the sun to go down...

5. A must is some sort of play area for the kids thats safe and secure becuase I know my kids would really start getting reslase (bad spelling I know) about half way through the programs at SAS.

have a play area that fits the occation, put in a little mini track at the playground area and get some of those little pedel cars and let them learn the system of auto racing, give little dollar store trophys or toys, make them be orderly and have a pit crew, several things could be thought up as you go, get with a local food chain that has kids night and they would probably help with this so they can promote their business, who knows, they might even sponsor the track. just a thought!!! del

When I go to the races its to see the late models (TSRS), super stocks, pro sedans and the hobby/roadrunners. I dont much care for all of the other stuff. It would be a much better show if all of these classes all ran a couple of heat races and main event instead of one race that is usually full of accidents.

Just my opinion .... probably not even worth 2 cents

:blink: A pool at the track, sounds like a recipe for trouble and a big liability. Who is going to be responsible for the kids??? We know kids have a short attention span, unless it's a play station or X-Box.

The idea is to get them out of the house. If a play ground would solve the "boredom" problem, that would be great, but what about when "Little Johnny", falls down or hits someone, are we going to start suing the track and possibly close it due to a lawsuit??? I have an answer that people aren't going to approve of, but if they don't enjoy the races, find a sitter and let mom & dad enjoy the races. As for the stands, a canopy over the grandstands would definately help, would help with the sun and as last Saturday showed us, it would give us shelter from the rain. My vote is for a canopy over the stands. As for the young'uns, If a playground will keep them occupied that's great. Just remember, they are kids and kids are going to play rough and get hurt. NO LAWSUITS!!! :o Thanx for your time. Lenny66 B)

Archived