So you think your fast!

hray

Did anyone see the LM race televised at Lernerville, PA? Do you realize that's a 1/2 mile dirt track and they run 14 sec lap times? I've never even seen a SLM run that fast at SAS, and Lernerville is not near as high banked as SAS.

Yep Rusty I saw that, but it really didn't register until you mentioned it. But you'll never convince some of the people on here that dirt is for anything more than farming. <_<

Herb, I found this in a google search, but it listed no time.

Mark Kinser, the Devil's Bowl's single-lap record holder and winner of the Pennzoil World of Outlaws Series' last four races at the track,

I did find that Craig Dollansky has the track record at Eldora....12.707

Joey Saldana has the Lernerville track record....12.334

Now that's flat a$$ flying!!

Jay,

I70 speedway has been both asphalt and dirt from time to time. Past owners have covered over the asphalt with dirt, then scraped it all off again----several times. If you google the laptimes, they are faster when the track was dirt, and they ran some pretty fast times there in the 70's and 80's when SLM's were running 15" slicks and big blocks.

I have had the pleasue of going to both I70 and Eldora many times, if anyone ever gets a chance or plan to go to Eldora it will be a thrill of a life time, either the world 100 or the dream, world 100 gets about 200 late models and the dream gets abot 100 sprints, both are just the most extream racing and the fastest racing you will ever see.

Back in my traveling day, I worked a show for the All Star Circuit of Champions Sprint Car Series at Atomic Speedway in Tennessee.

It's only a high banked 3/8 mile dirt oval but fast time was 9.990 sec. It was unreal the times these guys were turning I got all excited.

Several years ago, don't remember exactly when, they covered Bristol I thank it was with dirt for a WoO show. After they put it down, they had Sammy Swindell "test" the surface. He broke the existing track record, held by a Winston Cup car (at the time) on his FIRST hot lap.

Heck Budman,I think the sprints were hitting around 160 mph on the straights, they lookedd like torpedos.

I canot say what the Devils Bowl record is now,but the last I remembered it was 13.4,but I am sure that has changed,they were turning in the 16 second range back in the 60's without the wings.

In 83 Sammy swindell turned a time in the mid 12's at Big H during the race. There were probably 30 sprints on the track and he was passing them while he was making that time. I remember my dad saying Swindell could probably save some money if he was to just quit buying left front wheels and tires because he hadn't seen it touch the ground yet.

budman my uncle who used to own a track in goergia and race told me they cover bristol one time for one of there final events and they were turning faster times then nascar.... they said they asked on of the drivers how they could go faster then nascar and he said that we dont use the brakes just the gas....

Archived