Casey Smith dominates at Mobile!

Snowball

Casey Smith led every lap at MIS tonight. No one could touch him. He came very close to being taken out when Dave Mader tried to jump him on a restart. Mader got under him a little and then lost control almost collecting Casey. Luckily, he barely missed him, and Casey went on to win. This is unofficial pending post race inspection.

Unofficial top 7

1.Casey Smith

2.Ryan Sieg

3.Chris Davidson

4.Brian Scott

5.Steven Davis

6.Grant Enfinger

7.Jason Hogan

29 Super Latemodels were on hand for the race.

Way to go Casey. Sure glad that tow truck didn't take you out. Congrats to the team.

Is Casey a Texas driver? With no paved short track up here, I've lost track of who is who in paved track racers. Davidson I recognize, although his dad is the one I've seen race many times. I did see Chris at TMS one year and I think he won.

Dave Mader? He's been around a while. Went to Talledega one weekend and we also took in the ALL PRO at Birmingham and Mader was one of the ones to beat at that race. Long time ago. :)

I am giving Casey the new nickname "The Alabama Dominator". Two races in Alabama and two wins. Just hope he can keep it up at Opp and MIS. Chris Davidson has looked very good at MIS also. Greg was running well when he exited into the pits. Oh yeah, Snowball failed to mention Casey was fast qualifier with a 17.049 which beat Mercer's 17.094. I would have liked to see Casey take home the $1000 for the best average finishes at FFs and MIS, but he broke an A-frame at FFs and spent awhile in the pits.

Archived