Detailed THR Schedule for 5/25-26/2007

THR Weekend Schedule (Subject to change, if necessary)

Friday, May 25th

2:00pm - Dark - Garage/Pit Area Opens for "Testing & Tuning"

Two-day wrist bands are available - allows for overnight access to Garage/Pit Area, as well as early entry on Saturday (without them - not available until noon on Saturday)

Note: Anyone in the Garage/Pit Area without a wristband can cause the Driver/Team to be penalized! No haulers can be parked between 9:00pm on Friday and noon on Saturday (unless special arrangements have been made by calling 512.844.3582 or 512.844.3584) Drivers/Teams can be penalized, if rule is not followed!

2:30 - THR & Pro Modified Tech Opens (everyone is encouraged to take advantage of going through Safety Inspection on Friday; all cars are required to go through safety inspection prior to entering the racetrack. Note: if you have the 07 THR Decal, you do not have to go back through Safety Inspection!)

Saturday May 26th

NOON - Garage/Pit Area Passes go on sale.

Note: Anyone in the Garage/Pit Area without a wristband can cause the Driver/Team to be penalized! THR & Pro Modified Tech Opens - all cars are required to go through safety inspection prior to entering the racetrack.

Note: if you have the 07 THR Decal, you do not have to go back through Safety Inspection!

1:00 - 4:00 Organized "Testing & Tuning"

Legacies A-line SSs Thunder Stocks Grand Stocks

1:00 - 1:05 1:05- 1:10 1:10 - 1:15 1:15 - 1:20

1:30 - 1:40 1:40 - 1:50 1:50 - 2:00 2:00 - 2:10

2:30- 2:40 2:40 - 2:50 2:50 - 3:00 3:00 - 3:10

TX Pro Sedans Pro Mods NASKARTS

1:20 - 1:25 1:25 - 1:30

2:10 - 2:20 2:20 - 2:30

3:10 - 3:20 3:20 - 3:30 3:30 -4:00

3:30 - THR Officials/Staff Meeting & all Touring Series Representatives (In Drivers/Media Garage Lounge)

4:00 - Grandstands Open

4:00 - THR Drivers/Crew Chiefs Meeting and Pro Modifieds Drivers/Spotters (mandatory- in Drivers/MediaLounge)

4:10 - Track closed for Cleanup

5:00 - Qualifying: (green, white, checkered)

Lone Star Legacys

Thunder Stocks - (by order of point Standings - Leader goes last! Qualifying followed by top 6 pick of the dice)

Pro Modifieds - (by order of point Standings - Leader goes last! Qualifying followed by top 6 pick of the dice)

Qualifying Heats:

Texas Dwarfs - 2 Heat Races (8 laps)

Texas Pro Sedans - Qualifying Heat Races (8 laps)

NOTE: We will stop where we are at-to do Opening Ceremony as close to 7:00pm, as possible, Parade of Aid lap, with all emergency vehicles w/lights on - National Anthem and Prayer

Grand Stocks - Qualifying Heat Races (8 laps) finishing order is starting position for Main Event

A-Line Super Stocks - Qualifying Heat Races (8 laps) finishing order is starting position for Main Event

Main Events:

Lone Star Legacies (50 laps or 30 min)

NASKARTS (20 laps)

Texas Pro Sedans (20 laps or 30 min)

Intermission - JRA Kids Bike Races & Honoring of our Military

Thunder Stocks (Drivers Introduced from GRANDSTANDS!) (30 laps) Pro Texas Modifieds (50 laps)

A-Line Super Stocks (40 laps)

Grand Stocks (25 laps)

Track Closed - Garage/Pit Area Open for Fans to Meet Drivers & Teams

Schedule Subject to Change if Necessary & Laps may be adjusted based on car count Insurance regulations stipulate that only licensed drivers allowed to operate convenience vehicles in the PITS. ($35.00 season registration fee must have THR sticker on it at all times) NO bicycles, skateboards or roller-skates.

what does "introduced from the grandstands" mean?

bigfat:

I have seen this type of occasional Driver introduction at Thunder Hill Raceway in past years.

I believe the format was created by Chuck Licata.

The Crew Chiefs would bring their car from the pits and align it on the front straightaway. The drivers would be situated on the top row of the grandstand.

As Chuck would introduce them, the drivers would jog down the grandstand rows, enter the track under the starters stand, hop down and go to their car. Kind of an up close and personal introduction.

I think you will like this type of unique Driver introduction at Thunder Hill Raceway.

Neil Upchurch

JOGGING & HOPPING????

Not sure we're on the same page sir. With all do respect Neil...That's a little too much for my size 38ish britches.

JOGGING & HOPPING????

Not sure we're on the same page sir. With all do respect Neil...That's a little too much for my size 38ish britches.

big after a few bounces down those stands you.ll be ok ..the fans maybe shaken up alittle ..if you know what i mean .. HEADLINES .THE BLOB IS COMEING THE BLOB IS COMEING ..

OT,

I'll add that quote of yours to my law suit against Bud Light and Olivia's Mexican Restaurant.

Screaming Fitty,

The cars better hope so.

JOGGING & HOPPING????

Come on "Big Sexy!" I don't see you giving up the chance of mingling with the fans... :D

Aaron,

Don't temp fate... :o:P

Archived