Spurs Vs. Suns

bigfat

Looks like all the "Experts" that have been crying all day on The Ticket 760 am knew exactly what they were talking about when they said that the Suns would be extremely handicapped with out Stoudawhiner and Diaw. Held the Spurs to a season low in points at the half, 0 fast break points and 0 for 7 from the three point line.

Spurs will still win by 5. Just like I picked De La Hoya in 8.......

If you are at all cynical of major "sports," just look at the relative market sizes for the various NBA teams to predict who will end up in the NBA finals.

The frequency that any given team participates in the finals is roughly proportional to their relative TV market size. In other words, the Spurs have already had more than their "fair share" of finals appearances if you use this model.

As the NBA and everybody else well knows, whenever two "small market" teams reach the finals, the TV ratings go down. Want good ratings? Have a Boston, NY, NJ, PA team up against a West coast team. Remember the Celtics vrs. LA Lakers rivalry way back when? Those finals are what put the NBA on the sports map.

I'm not saying the playoffs are fixed, but if you follow the flow of money it is clear that it is not in the best financial interest of the NBA to have small TV market teams - like the Spurs - hogging the finals.

IMHO the Spurs were dead meat before the first tip off of the playoffs. The NBA will see to it.

Nick

I got so tired yesterday of hearing about the poor Suns, and they play the victim well at that! They had that poor mad the world is picking on us look last night.

Well for years the Spurs were the underdog, now they are hands-down the best in the NBA, proved it last night again.

Why are we talking about B-ball? People will spend their food and gas money to go watch those idiots. If they went away maybe we could get a few more peeps involved in racing. Dont get me started about the Sperms. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

OUCH THAT HIT A SOUR NOTE ...

You don't have to talk about it. It's got a topic title. Skip it. I do it all the time. Some people are involved in more that one sport.

hey its oldtimers son again and i say spurs all the way this year against the cavs in the championship

"Don't be in a hurry to win the game" Greg Popovich/ Spurs motto

the broadcasters were talking about the Spurs mottos during the game on Sunday and that was one of there many mottos

Agree with Jody, I love b-ball almost as much as I love racing.

Agree with Outlaw as well, the series hasn't been as dirty as all the reporters have made it out to be. Horry didn't even hit Nash that hard...kinda funny how he acted like he was broke for 3 seconds then flew up at Horry when everything was getting broke up. Sad to see the media talk soo much b.s. about a great series. I agree with what Nick says to a certain extent because although the league would rather have a bigger market there they are letting the players play...not like 1 team is getting all the calls. Fri. night will be a hell of a game.

nash is a master of flopping...........anytime they barely hit him, he flops like he was hit by a truck.........the guy is a master of doing that.........he is also a damn good player.........he should have been mvp over dirk.......dirk makes himself better, but nash makes the team better...........just like duncan...........spurs will take the series and the finals.........

I'm surprised we haven't heard about Ginobili flopping yet. For whatever reason, now the world is against SA. The NBA has called this rule this way all year, if you want to be mad at someone, blame Ron Artest and all those other hoodlooms who had taht riot a few years ago, thats why Stern has to be this strict. I'd be mad if it were Parker/Duncan suspended but it wasn't, that's why this game is 5 on 5, if the Suns are good enuff to get this far, the bench should have been deep enuff to get past this.

They'll be playing the victim again tonite I'm sure!

The suns are such wieners, man its plain to see the ref's are trying their hardest to gift the Sun's these games... The other night 1st quarter was plain to see, Suns 9 or 10 free throws to the Spurs 2, for the whole quarter.... Although Barkley said it best at half time the other night, the Spurs where in a fog the 1st half and most of the 2nd until they woke up and decided to win the game with 4 minutes left.....

SPURS take the game tonight and the series and move on to UTAH!!!!

Spurs take out Cleveland in Finals, in 6 games!!!!!

Spurs by 11 tonight, calling my shot now!!!!

PAPA,

It's more like politics... When Duncan got thrown out, they went back and looked at the tape. Decided he didnt do anything wrong. Yes you are right about the Ref, but the commish still has final say so...

Politics Baby....

Final score:

SPURS ...114

SUNS .....106

San Antonio wins Phoenix series 4 - 2

Spurs nail down home court advantage and move to NBA West Championship finals vs Utah Jazz. Game one and two in San Antonio. First game is Sunday at 2:30 pm, on ABC-TV with nationwide coverage.

Edited by NeilTPS

It lasted way longer than SAS. Maybe we should be taking notes????

On Edit:

Rodney,

We SHOULD sweep them but since there aren't any sell outs at the "phone" Center I doubt they will.

Edited by bigfat