LIVE UPDATES

RockStan

thats right lack of respect doesnt only come from the guy behind you tapping you but also from mirror driving and blocking.

not trying to take sides here......and have the otmost respect for chad, but don moved up to let him go by and he still drilled him. i must have missed the part where the 36 was mirror driving?

but like chase said the more the better. i wish we had 40 cars in s.s. and i don't care where they come from.

damnit chad maybe you should put a #40 on that car and then it would just be expected ha ha ha ha ha no yall just keep coming up there to support that track so stumpy steven still has a place to race and hey mona did you get to talk to steven ? i am sure he was happy to see you he talks about you all the time about how nice you were to him and his wife

Both of yall are getting out of hand and both of yall need to take this to the bash site, what ever that site may be. Send it in a pm do something. A couple of these &*^%#@ symbols can be figured out by most.

Also, Ill be honest unless some team puts as much time into their car as you do, yall are light years ahead of what these older street stocks have to offer. You look at your car then go look at ours and its the difference between a "street" stock and a "super" stock. Its like the difference between night and day and to be quite honest with you its not fun anymore. Cause I can remember the days where it was the 2, 3, 36, 73, 99, 91, and probally a few others Ive forgot about that ALL ran close to eachother and actually put on a show. Nobody wants to race to see who gets 2nd, they want to race to win and your car is a true racecar now, theres no room for "street" stocks anymore.... Its either you do your homework and poor lots of money and time into your car or you finish in the back. You guys have done all of the above, and I applaud you for doing that, but our car wont be seeing the track anymore this year. Its just to far behind in the technology department. However I have spent this entire day tearing down the car all the way to just a rolling roll cage with all of the drive train in it, and we will see where we go from there.

I don't see where the Stapps have put any more money into their car than several other SS cars that compete at THR. In highly restricted classes - like the local classes at THR - it's brains and know-how over money every time.

What I do see, however, is that the Stapps spend the vast majority of their time and effort into getting their car to handle. Chase is one of those guys who asks a lot of questions from a lot of savvy people and reads (and understands) everything he can get his hands on about suspension engineering.

No, Matt, it's not technology either. It's suspension engineering stuff that's been out there for at least 30 years, or more. All one has to do is learn the basics of suspension engineering and apply it to their car. The rest is simply adjusting the car to adapt to the track and changing track conditions. I know that's a major oversimplification - experience and seat time play a big role too - but without the suspension stuff down pat, it's hard to complete against someone who has it nailed.

And, no, you're not the only one to voice complaints similar to yours - I've heard it over and over. The fact is, however, that everyone has exactly the same opportunity to learn how to put together a winning car that Chase Stapp - or any of the other front-runner- has.

Nick

hey mona did you get to talk to steven ? i am sure he was happy to see you he talks about you all the time about how nice you were to him and his wife

I did get to talk to Steven. I just adore that guy. He is such an inspiration.

Mona Turner

#19 THR Roadrunner

You know.... When a car from out of town comes and races with the "local" guys, I would think you would respect the knowledge and time those guys have put into learning their track and not try to beat your way to the front, oh and call them slllowwww. :lol: I mean if your in a touring series then hey your out of town racing most all of the time anyways, but when you come and race with a bunch of guys who have raced against eachother for years you should respect that. Im sorry, I know people have tried and tried to make things happen where people can race at eachothers home tracks and now that San Antonio no longer exsist theres even more of a need for a place to race but maybe its not meant to be unless you can respect the veterans of that track... Im not just talking about a certain incident either. I saw a out of town car pound on a THR car serveral different times.

RESPECT GOES BOTH WAYS. I RECALL THR DRIVERS DOING THE SAME AT SAS

:lol::lol::lol::lol: This is old news... I think both sides have already laughed this one off... If I need to go back and delete all that was said then I will, but this one should just die off. Although there are some valid points.. :P Also, yes there is an outside lane and that 36 car that split that field, 14theroad, has used it to make many a pass. Buts its ok, you got to see the car on the decline, its all uphill from here. Shes gunna be a mean lean racing machine again in no time, with some very "nice" improvements. B) Yea what can I say, I love to stir the pot...

Perfect oppurtunity for the "stick to pretty pictures" blast, but that's not my style.

At least my car came back in one piece... :)

10-4. I bet if you could have caught anyone it might not have.........

Archived