USRA trucks /mods racing

lee07

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm really busy keeping that goat drunk mayor.........he is turning into a real rock gut , i don't know how much longer i can keep this up.

I just saw the next event at THR on speed zone,and there is no Trucks now.I know they said they will sit down and figure out something.

I was wondering if it is possible for TSRS to saction the trucks and mods?

It wouldn't surprise me if a decision on the trucks and mods at THR is still "pending." The THR folks have been very busy the past couple of weeks, and it's asking a lot of them to come up with something that fast. I think we're all hoping the trucks and mods can race at THR, but that may be easier said than done.

JUST HAVE TO HAVE SOME PATIENTS . JUST THINK THE TRACKS HAD THIER SEASON FIGURE IN AND SET UP ..AND ALL OF A SUDDEN SAS CLOSES AND 50 60 PLUS RACERS DONT HAVE A PLACE TO GO .TUFF ON THE DRIVERS ..DOUBBLE TUFF ON THE TRACKS ..GOT TO FIT THEM IN SOMEWHERE ..NO TO MENTION WITH THE RULES BEING WHAT THEY ARE AT THEASE TRACKS .THEY DONT REALLY JIEVE WITH SAS .SO NOW LOCAL TRACKS HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO MAKE IT FARE .YOU KNOW ANY TRACK THAT DOESNT WANT TO ADJUST FOR SAS CARS .DONT NEED THE CARS ,AND IM SURE EVERY ONE OF THEM WANT SAS CARS .I DO ..I LIKE TO SEE ANOTHER TRUCK RACE AT CC ..

I talked to Jack Sandefur at THR on Friday, just casual conversation about the season, but the topic did come up. Jack said they were going to work with the drivers to get everyone on the track they could, but not surprisingly they have been too busy with the NASCAR and USAC races to stop and work on the problem of how and where and when to integrate the other classes and even the trucks and mods into the schedule. I also talked to Graham Baker at the NASCAR race and he pointed out that HMP already has a truck class and series, running USRA rules. Also understand someone has approached the tracks about supporting a modified series.

As both THR and HMP are already running mods and trucks, the bigger problem will be tires and how to adjust for the "local" classes for the rest of the season with an eye toward coming up with a more common set of rules for 2008.

As oldtimer pointed out, we need to be a little patient. Jack, Mary Ann, H. E. and their staff have been pretty busy helping Full Throttle get ready for the NASCAR and USAC events. You might give 'em a week to catch up on sleep before they work on the local track stuff.

I know that Wichita Speedway is a long drive for the sas guys, but they don't have a tire preference. You can run any tire as long as it fits in the no go gauge. The mods run every Friday night and I believe a deal for the trucks is in the works. The speedway has changed ownership and is looking to grow. If you have any questions the speedway has it's own forum spot on txsz for questions now. mark

The 2006 tire rule was the 8 inch Hoosier F-53 compound or the used $40 10" radial slicks (Hooters Pro Cup take offs?).

That's an 8" and a 10" tire. What dimension of the tire does your go-no go guage measure?

Assuming it measures a 10" tread width, are you saying that for 2007, any brand of 10" tire is ok no matter how soft the compound?

Will there be any restriction against running 4 new tires each race?

The 06 engines rules were basically open with the exception of no aluminum heads or blocks. Is that that still the case?

Thanks,

Jay

I was told by Jr. Delaney (hope I spelled it right), who is running the track and in charge of rules, that the 2007 rules stayed the same as the 2006 rules, and there is a tire rule at Wichita Speedway. I never heard of a go/no go gauge for tires? Hoosier F53's are the track tire in the modified class.

Wichita Speedway will allow mods to run what ever tire they wish to along as it fits in a 12 inch go-no-go gauge. Due to the price of the Hoosier's, the track is allowing any tire to be used. There are some mods running Goodyear and American Racer's. I will get the new rules posted on the website as soon as possible. Jay you are correct, the tire rule is the only change in rules. The price of the other tires are cheaper. Jr. has the prices.

Jay, the go-no-go gauge will read from side wall to side wall. The eight inch tire measure's a little under 12 inches. What the track did was take all three tire's Hoosier, Goodyear, and American Racer and measured them all. Then they went with the widest tire and that's how they came to the 12 inches. By doing this you can run what ever tire your budget will allow. Some people were complaining of the rise in price of the Hoosier's. I run the Pro-4 Taco Casa car. I will be changing tire's also because of the price of Hoosier's. I've run both the Hoosier's and Goodyear's. There is not enough difference in the tire's to warrant the extra money for Hoosier's.

Oh thank goodness. I thought you meant a 12" wide tire (thread width) with a (basically) unlimited alcohol burning engine!!! It's hard enough with my flat top gas 355. HAHAHA

I think I paid $115 for the F 53's. On the other hand we only used 6 tires, total, on the 19 for the whole season last year, so who knows?.

Is your car the "goodys dash" type car that ran the last race last year? I thought that was cool.

Come by and see us at the track if it ever stops raining the races out.

Jay

Edited by jracer98

Sorry for the confusion, didn't know the tire rule had changed. I would guess the Modified class won't be called "Smiley's Modifieds" this year?

Hey Mark, I like your Daytona Dash car also! Wish we had about 15 to 20 of those little cars! I think they would look cool on the track together.

By doing this you can run what ever tire your budget will allow. Some people were complaining of the rise in price of the Hoosier's. I run the Pro-4 Taco Casa car. I will be changing tire's also because of the price of Hoosier's. I've run both the Hoosier's and Goodyear's. There is not enough difference in the tire's to warrant the extra money for Hoosier's.

The Hoosiers only went up $2 and it's still the stickiest. Can't believe you guys are willing to go to a tire that will require a rearend ratio change (Goodyears and AR's have a much smaller rollout) for $2. BTW, we buy Goodyears for the HMP races and they are within $3 of the Hoosiers. Last I checked AR's were in the same price range. The Hoosier F53 is $113 and the 970 is $111.

Please don't make it sound like Hoosier is gouging everyone. It's still the best of the 3 so if you don't want to pay $3 for the best, you might want to reevaluate why you are racing. I always thought it was to win!

You might want to check out Jerry Spencer's research for THR on the subject. After exhaustive research on what tire to go with for THR and TSRS, they went with Hoosier.

Edited by hray

:lol::lol::lol: Sure hope your SAS adventure was enough fun!! ($50 worth). As much trouble as they were having getting car count, you'd think they would have considered waiving that in order to attract the cars---but then again, knowing what they knew, car count didn't really matter, did it?

:lol::lol::lol: Sure hope your SAS adventure was enough fun!! ($50 worth). As much trouble as they were having getting car count, you'd think they would have considered waiving that in order to attract the cars---but then again, knowing what they knew, car count didn't really matter, did it?

Speaking of car count. could I run my Texas Super Coupe with the modifieds?

Rusty,

Very curious as to what you believe "they knew" that could possibly made them consider waiving fees.

Nick