Questions about CCMS Format?

OK since it looks like most of the SAS refugees will be there I have a few questions...

First, is there any practice time before the racing starts?

2nd, How are the starting feild lined up by? Heat races?

3rd, is there electicity in the pit area?

FInaly, what time do the pits open up so we can figure out about what time we need to leave SA to head down?

I am sure I can think of more later but this is the main stuff I am concerned about right now....

Thanks

Randy

Pit Gates will open at 4:00 P.M.

10 minute practices for all classes (approximately 15 to 20 laps of practice per session)

----As many sessions as possible.

Drivers Meeting @ 7:00 P.M.

The pits do have electricity. (bring plenty of extension cords)

---The getto does not but will soon.

Starting line ups will be decided by drawing numbers for the 1st race.

---all races that follow will be lined up by points and there will be a complete invert.

BOY YOU HAVE MORE QUESTIONS THAN I HAVE FRECKLES.... YES THEY WILL PROBABLY OPEN AT FOUR LIKE THYE WERE GOING TO LAST WEEK .AND YES THEY HAVE WATER .. AIR ,,, LIGHTS ....YES THEY PRATIC .YES YOU MAY GET ONE TO THREE IN TIME WILL TELL THAT ONE ..THEY USEUALLY HAVE DRIVER MEATINGS AT 7 OCLOCK AND IF THEY HAVE TIME AFTER YOU CAN GET ANOTHER SHORT PRACTIC .NOW FOR STARTING ..MOST OF THE TIME THEY DRAW NUMBERS .FOR THE FIRST NIGHT ........ NOW AS FOR LIGHTS .YOU NEED TOGET THERE EARLY ENOUGH TO BE NEAR THEM ..FOR THE MOST PART YOU CAN GET CLOSE ENOUGH ...JUST DEPENDS ON HOW M,ANY CARS SHOW UP ...PM ME AND ILL TELL YOU WHERE WE PARK ...YOU OR BIG .... THEY HAVE FOOD ..RESTROOMS THAT ARE UP TO PAR ...STANDS IN THE PITS IN TURN FOUR FOR YOU TO INJOY YOUR RACEN AND OTHERS .. ALSO STANDING ROOM STAND .....

Cool, I was thinking of leaving here around 10am but hell with pits not opening until 4 I can wait and leave about 1pm and make it in plenty of time...

Gives me more time to work on the car... :) :) We are expecting rain again up here starting as early as tonight again... :( :( I am so sick of the rain... Whats the forcast for Saturday down there looking like right now?

Whats the forcast for Saturday down there looking like right now?

100% chance of the 12 lapping the 32......

Whats the forcast for Saturday down there looking like right now?

100% chance of the 12 lapping the 32......

I think thats a 0% chance of getting lapped... LoL Jody, this car is strong as long as I can get it to turn I will be alright... Oldtimer I might be tapping into some of your expertise Saturday afternoon... :) :)

That's good Randy. Don't be asking my fan club for advice either.

bugin2race,

We've got 6 confirmed and 5 or 6 possibles as of now. I'm still waitin' to hear from some of the guys. Hopeully it will be 10 or more. If not we'll be running with or trying to run with the Super Streets and Bombers.

I leave Harlingen about 2:30 on a regular nite and get there before 5:00.I think Harlingen is a little farther than SA.I just made a round trip today picking up cars and the road from SA to CC is MUCH better than the road to Harlingen from CC.As fas as practice,I can get about 100 laps on a regular day.This Sat will have more.The best part is NO PAID PARKING.First come first serve.There are plenty of pit spaces but some of the big rigs need the Getto.I was the first to use the Getto because I am NOT going to pay to pit.I hate that reserved thing.CC doesnt have it anymore.

The only thing you need is good car control.Its a tight track but enough room to race 3 wide with good drivers.One tip.When you practice,run a few laps on the bottom and a few on the very top in case you have to pass someone there and dont want surprises.You cant drive through them or over them.Just pass them.

Who from SAS race two cars that where camo painted? They came down and race before. Are they coming too? They know me from bomber # 29.. I remember that all the cars from SAS where real nice cars.

Thats Keith Garrett and Tom______ wild bunch racin they used to call it

Yep, Camo 31 is now a sportsman that is dispalced and Tom came out about 2 years ago with the other half of the Wild Bunch but had some drive train problems and I haven't seen him on the track since.

shoot dont need the wild bunch .we have the hooligans ..so if you see some freakie looking poeple at cc dont fret .they are harmless lol ..they are a fun loven crazy bunch of misfits ....heck big you all may go home singing the hooligans theme song ...which i have to learn aswell ........ sounds like cc is going tobe fun ............. knight blade i quess im taken now .big doesnt want me to help you ..hey money talks bs you know ..lol ...who ever has the food gets my vote .

LoL Oldtimer, I guess we have to throw the pit in with all our supplies... LoL I know I will need help with the stagger, That concept confuses the hell out of me... LoL

We are bringing down all the tire and wheel options we have between price's stuff and my own so we should be able to get something close enough, although I aint messin with the gears this trip... :( Just going to run it with the SA gears and hope its good enough, not enough time to change out the gears this week and paint the car... :(

although I aint messin with the gears this trip... :( Just going to run it with the SA gears and hope its good enough, not enough time to change out the gears this week and paint the car... :(

Gear Ratio = speed

Paint = squat

I know it sucks, we need to put my rear end under it, but we still have a foot of water in our shop... It sucks just going to grab tools much less stand in it to put my rear end back together so we can put it under this car.... We tried pumping it out, didnt make a dent, and at $100 a day for the pump it was a bit expensive....

3 Wide? :blink: only you GB would have the steal ones to go 3 wide in the Bullring. I'll "bug" buggin a little intill the next lap maybe then it would be spread out a little. lol So do we have a somewhat car count on thunders?

cjy08 Give me your ride one night and I'll show you three wide all the way around the track!!!

Archived