ATTN: Calling TERRY DICKERSON

Rookie49

NOW THAT YOU HAVE CEASED THE OPERATIONS OF SAS WOULD YOU PLEASE CONTACT ME. I HAVE SEVERAL LAND AND POSSIBLY TRACK DEVELOPMENT ISSUES I WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS WITH YOU.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DISCUSS THIS WITH YOU FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

JOHNNY SUTTON

MAYOR

CITY OF CIBOLO, TX

If this is serious you just made a whole bunch of new friends,but if it's a joke,very bad timing.

johnny is the real deal.........very down to earth , shoot you straight , no b.s. kinda guy.....but he's only mayor 'cause the goat got to drunk. j/k.

i consider johnny a good friend , and a good fan and friend of racing - he's very serious.

NOW THAT YOU HAVE CEASED THE OPERATIONS OF SAS WOULD YOU PLEASE CONTACT ME. I HAVE SEVERAL LAND AND POSSIBLY TRACK DEVELOPMENT ISSUES I WOULD LIKE TO DISCUSS WITH YOU.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO DISCUSS THIS WITH YOU FOR QUITE SOME TIME.

JOHNNY SUTTON

MAYOR

CITY OF CIBOLO, TX

Dickerson's cell phone is [edited out by Nick Holt at the request of Rick Day, 3/29/07]

Thanks for the nice words Shawn and Reb. Turbotoddie, while I appreciate the help, I don't think TD Would like that number out there like that.

By the way, I would be mayor a lot longer if you would keep buying the scotch for the goat. LOL

Johnny,

Terry is headed to Nashville today for the ASA LMS Challenge race, I think. I'll let him know you're looking for him, although it might be a few days before he can return your call. Would you please e-mail your contact information to me at debwill@sanantoniospeedway.com? I had your number at one time, but I don't know where it is now.

Thanks,

Is there a point for us less than intelligents?

Who cares what else this guy is doing? Find someone else for San Antonio. This will probably really cause a stink and people will hate me but here goes..... If this Dickerson guy was such a good planner he would have already anticipated that something like this might happen and have a back-up plan. Maybe not something that would provide an immediate solution but something positive that he could tell the racers about the future.

Maybe something like ...We were anticipating something like this with the building of Toyota and all the possible development that would soon occur. Since we've known about this for a couple of years we have put together a plan that might help us in the future. We are currently in the negotiation stages of looking at other locations to build a new track so the racers that have supported us for 30 years will still have somewhere to continue their racing.

I'm not involved in new construction, or real estate development, or anything like that...but even I know there's different rules, laws, and codes between city and county!!! And with all that development, even I would have anticipated that the city of SA would eventually try to annex the area because of potential increases in land values. It's a no brainer!!!

Since this wasn't the case....maybe this is NOT the guy we want at the helm!! If we were stockholders and he was messing with our own investments, would we want someone with this type of vision to be running our organization? If we were investors, our money would have just gone down the toilet with SAS!!! If this happened at Chrysler, Whataburger, Tesoro, Valero, HB Zachary, Wal-Mart, ATT, Holt, Spurs Organization...my guess is this guy would be looking for a new career pretty darn quick. They would take that kind of vision and investment savy!!!!

What we need is an investor that is willing to build a new track and someone that has vision, leadership, and business skills to make it a success.

I sent quite a bit of information to Dawn for tonight's show. Hope you all get the chance to listen. We need to stop crying, put together a plan for a new track, and move on. Forget about the guy that own the land that SAS is sitting on, forget about Dickerson, forget about SAS being annexed into the city, forget about SAS needing $80,000 in renovations. I still think track management could have worked out a deal that would have allowed SAS to finish this year while looking at building a new track for the future. It's called multi-tasking....and not tunnel vision!!! Instead they cut their losses and left us holding the bag.

Those of you that want to cry...cry...send me your pms and messages. I don't care who says I'm off base...I don't care who thinks I'm out of place....I don't care who threatens me!!

I just want to move on and start figuring out how we can build a new track. And I want it to happen with someone that I know and feel will be doing the right thing for ALL parties involved. Start speaking your minds and then let's get together and start figuring a way out of this mess.

Let's move on. Hindsight is 20/20. We need to forget about the water under the bridge and start figuring out how to get across the river. Build a new bridge....build a new race track.

I work for a company that was doing OK in the industry it is in, but not really making the stockholders jump for joy. Their competitor was the industry leader with over 60% marketshare. That competitor was bought out by a large corp. and my company thought the competition would be even stronger. Instead the large corp simply rolled the product into their product. The company I work for is now the industry leader and the stockholders are jumping for joy.

What's the point?

Sometimes what appears to be a bad situation is really the best thing for everyone. The 2 tracks that are left will benefit from larger car count and both promoters have a reputation of returning windfalls back to the track improvements and the racers. Both get along with each other and have cooperated in the past. Both tracks are ASA sanctioned which gets us 1 step closer to common rules, and both promoters have expressed they are working on a plan to let the SAS cars run. Both promoters have proven they are capable of running a first class operation that is racer and owner friendly.

Other than the loss of a landmark, I don't see the clouds and lightning. The sky looks pretty blue to me.

I would support SAS if it reopened under new management, but if it doesn't, I'm not going to waste time or quit racing. I'm going to THR and HMP.

My question to Mr.Eduk8r is....if you are so smart...why did you throw money at the stock car racing?

Read what is being written on this forum....Mr. Dickerson was lead down a road that was supposed to end up with him being able to purchase the track.No,there apperantly was no contract allowing for that.Sometimes you have to take a chance,which he was willing to do.If he didn't do that we would'nt have seen any racing for the last two years.Ted Carlson had already sent out the message that the track would have sat idle.The facility makes a good write off.So TD takes a chance,spends a fair amount of money in order to have a chance at buying the place,then finds out how bad a roll of the dice it was.If you think this doesn't happen on a daily basis in the buisness world,then where is your buisness savy steming from?Example:Quiznos at Soledad and Commerce downtown....lasted six months...he did research...found the number of workers downtown vs. restaurants...on paper it looked good...in reality there were too many negative facters involved to fight against....that store closed on March 22nd.

Bottom line is....be GRATEFUL we had someone take a chance and make an effort to keep the ole speedplant alive.And yes offerings of $500,000...$800,000...$2,500,000...is a pretty damn good effort.

Don't be part of the problem with racing in Texas,be part of the solution.

Gentleman,

You all have valid points , even though I don't agree with some of them. You will have to guess which ones. I have some thoughts about land and track development that I think would help this region and racing if it goes the right way. Please do not turn this thread into a bash session on Terry Dickerson or anyone else. I posted this request on here in order to get in touch with TD and hopefully that some other parties that may have the ability, finances, or contacts to sit down and discuss these ideas with me would contact me. Do not underestimate my seriousness, or abilities, and do not exaggerate my visions or goals.

For the time being there are basically 3 tracks for central/south/and east texas to support. Please do so in a positive manner and if you have the answers, then dive in and help be part of the solution. Otherwise please take your bash sessions to a different thread or even a different website.

See, I told you I would make people mad.

You're not making anyone here mad.

I'm just asking you to not hijack a thread. Go start your own thread and stir all the pots you want. I'm trying to build a fire under a different pot here.

Archived