Thank You

tps48

Before its too late, I would like to say thank you to T.D., Rick, Debby, and all the nameless workers of S.A.S. who stepped up to the plate and gave us a place to race. While it appears the end is in sight for SAS, I for one am glad you guys worked so hard on our behalf. Thanks to all the other racers who showed up and raced instead of sitting at home with a bunch of excuses. Thanks to all the paying public who came to watch the races, without you fans SAS would have died years ago. I will allways remember racing at SAS, some of the best times of my life. Thanks

Mike Knotts

TPS48

I would also like to give thanks to the great staff and track workers at SAS. I have had the opportunity to race, have a great time, make friendships, and meet all kinds of good people. And don't forget the memories :)

I will miss SAS, feels like the passing of an old friend. But, onward through the fog.

Don't know what is in store for us racing in the future, dirt or asphalt, or none at all.

See yall.

Mark

The list goes on and on.... Thanks to the Dickersons, Rick, Debbie,Brad....

Also, Frank Howell, Cindy Oates, Mike Sepich, Bill Haglund, Ricci Ware....

you get my meaning, Thanks to everyone that kept our families together on Saturday nights!

Hope to see ya'll at CC, THR, HMS in the future.

Krauss Family Racing

P.S. Get well fast FOX!

I have to add my Thanks as well to all that put their blood, sweat and tears into the track just so we had a place to race. Special Thanks to Mike Sephic for given the women a place and class of our own (WOW) even if it was short lived. At least I can say I won the first ever Women On Wheels Championship...lol

I want to Thank all the girls that I raced with Missy Jones, Mona Turner, Carolyn Aramendia, Cindy Oates and many more. Oh let's not forget the RR guys.......Thank you for having patience with me while I learned something new.

It's a sad day in San Antonio but let's think positive. :)

i would also like to thank, rick, debbie, terry and all workers and racers at sas, i to had a wonderful time racing and working at sas, i would like to say sas was one of kind and i will miss it dearly, but i knew it was only a matter of time, i just didnt know it would be this year. also rick, debbie and erin i hope things work out for ya'll.

i will miss ya

!!!RAMBO!!!

I would like to thank everyone associated with SAS past and present. I know many long hours and deep pockets kept the track viable as long as it was. I will carry with me many fond memories of the times that I have spent at the track and the people that I have met there. I have made some great friends at the track.

A special thanks to those that kept my car going for me, My husband, who spent many hours and money, on my car. I'm so sad that he did not get the opportunity to race the car he was building for himself.

Vince Trietch, thank you so much for taking me under your wing. I have asked myself several times, what did he see in me to decide to help me out? I don't know what it was, but I am thankful to have had you. You will always be a great friend. If I ever race again, I want you to be on my team again.

Of course, I can not leave out the Mason's. I wouldn't have ever went to the race track the first time, as a fan, if they would not have invited us. I know you will always be special to Wesley and myself. You will always have a special place in my heart. I can't even begin to thank you for everything you have done for Jamie and myself. The list would be too long and Nick would edit me.

Too all those that I raced with, thank you for allowing me to be on the track with you. You all are awesome!!!!

Mona Turner

Guest bigfat
and meet all kinds of good people.

See yall.

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Thanks to TD, Tammy, Rick, Debbie, Steve Ramz, Nick Holt, Nathan, Marc R, Tall Steve, Chris, Stromy, Brad, The blonde headed lady, Dee, Milton, Erin, Jean, The young guy and his mom at the back gate and everyone else that I'm forgetting. Yall are awesome and I hope yall land on your feet.

thanX to everyone in the pits for being so friendly to us , from our very first time there until last saturday..

i never felt like an outsider there.

-growing up i was also a big john kelly fan ( forever)..........when i was 5 yrs old , 10 yrs old etc. i never dreamed i'd get to bull shoot with john kelly. i'm still the giddy little fan ( every once in awhile i think he's fixing to call security on a crazy fan)...........and i never dreamed i'd get to race SAS............................

so to everyone in SA - THANX

From the moment I first went to a race at SAS which would have been in the early 80's till this past weekend I have many memories of a track and group of people that I have come to call my friends. Many of you on here know me as the photographer for the past 2 years or so at both SAS and USRA events. I want to thank all the racers past and present. From Larry Bendele (whom my dad brought me to the track to watch because he worked at SWRI) to Tator Mason (who is the best friend a wanna be driver/crewman could have). To all the prior owners and track officials and just plain fun we used to have. I will miss my home away from home and all the memories. Somewhere someone will build anew and we will all be a big family once again..... Thanks for the memories SAS. Oh yeah... Thanks Jody for keeping me entertained..........

See you all at THR CC and HMP...

I JUST WANTED TO SAY, THANX TO ALL THE FOLKS THAT MADE SAN ANTONIO SPEEDWAY THE SUCCESS IT WAS, WHILE IT WAS OPEN. THE FANS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS, THE DRIVERS, CREWS, TRACK STAFF, EMERGENCY CREWS, EVERYONE WHO SPENT ANYTIME OUT THERE TO MAKE A SATURDAY NIGHT GO AS SMOOTH AS POSSIBLE. IT FEELS LIKE I HAVE LOST AN OLD FRIEND, I HAVE SPENT MANY WEEKENDS OUT AT THE TRACK AS A CREW MEMBER, FAN AND MOST RECENTLY AS AN OWNER/DRIVER. I HAVE MET SOME EXCEPTIONAL FOLKS OVER THE YEARS, PEOPLE THAT WOULD GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP YOU GET YOUR CAR READY TO RUN A RACE. THE PITS ARE FULL OF CHARACTERS AND ALOT OF (BS) GOING ON, BUT IT SURE WAS FUN!!! I WISH WE COULD HAVE AT LEAST FINISHED OUT THIS SEASON, I KNOW SOME FOLKS THAT WERE STILL PUTTING CARS TOGETHER. IT IS A SHAME. IT SOUNDS LIKE GREED GOT THE BEST OF SOMEBODY, BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION!!! AS FOR WHAT'S NEXT, THERE'S KYLE (THUNDERHILL) FOR ASPHALT. BUT I SURE LOVE THE 1/2 MILE RUSH!!! ONCE AGAIN, THANX TO ALL OF YOU WHO MAY READ THIS POST, THANX TO TERRY AND TAMMY AND ALL THE STAFF AT OUR BELOVED SAN ANTONIO SPEEDWAY. I WILL MISS RUNNING THOSE FAST, HIGH BANKS OF SAS. WHO KNOW'S, SOME GOOD WILL COME OUT OF THE BAD. LENNY, ROADRUNNER #66 :ph34r:

I want to add my thanks to Terry and crew for what he was trying to accomplish with the track,as well as previous promoters(good or bad) for investing the kind of money they all have over the years. They are all a lot braver in doing so then I would have been considering they did not own the property.

Archived