TSRS @ HMP

ups88john

This is not meant to be condencending on Casey nor is it to support him. Casey Smith is still very young and will still make mistakes from time to time. Its unfortunate that it happens at the expence of drivers that are in the thick of points but it happens. There is no way that you can expect this guy to be perfect and not make mistakes from time to time. I think the reason that he had raced those 2 TSRS races was to just go out and have fun and not create the mess that followed. I'm not a racer so what I say may not mean a thing to you (crews and drivers) but from my perspective everyone will make a mistake at some point and someone else will be mad that you made it. There is no way around it. Ponder this, would we be talking about this subject so passionately if it was JP, Bobby New or Brad Hudak that made the mistake... Just my unbiased opinion.

Marc

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually marc, yes we would. i commend joe for his statements of apology, and i have to apologize too. i was making an a$$ out of myself after the races, with some coldies, yall know what im talking about. as far as casey goes, i still have my reservations about how "good" he is or isnt. i think one way to resolve this matter is for him to have a good clean race at thr. just wanted to bring this up too, when you are involved in a wreck with someone else, please do not walk through their pits on the way back to yours. take the long way next time, it will cause alot less problems.

big john

It does not matter what series you race, from Winston Cup, Busch, Romco, TSRS, Local Late Model ..........run within you budget, run a whole season, put your limited budget in your racecar and you are better off. Put all of your PR BS aside until you can hang for a season or two. There are a whole lot of guys that can swing running a few races in any series that they want to, but you have to show you can race wherever you are at. I would take a consistant front runner over a big race entry anyday.

All this talk about Casey, Casey wasnt the cause of the "stink" of a show, That was a very small part of all the "goings on" it took the "whole" to have an unfortunate outcome of the show.

I can say my self I have have pulled a few bone-head stunts on the track and have been "crashed" by some big names......its racing.......its repeated stunts that agravate people, I would like to think no-one ever just wrecks someone with malicious intent. Most people cant afford that.

ARTS evidently had a bad weekend at Kyle, Romco has een known to be a crash fest every now and then. STUFF happens, get over it, make the next show count!! everyone needs to except a little responsibility.

We are still going to help sponsor the Space City 125 because we beleive in you!

Run-Fast

Run-Clean

Joe

Guest Justaracefan

Gasman - I am not for sure who your post is directed to but if you feel Casey should run a full series to prove what he can do, perhaps you should go to his website and look at his resume, he has done exactly that since he was 5 years old. If I were 18 years old I would be doing exactly what he is doing having fun and racing when I could in ASA unfortuntely I am not 18 and when I was my parents did not have the money to provide those resources for me.

I was there, saw plenty of garbage going on in the pits and on the track. The way some of you people behaved made me absolutely sick. Do you realize how lucky you are to race ? Do you ? I would give a kidney to have a chance to race but I can't get the $$$ together to start. Some of you people acted like spoiled 3 year olds, you should all be ashamed of yourselves

Archived