Pretty C/S move by Sauter in the Busch race

rebelracewriter

Kenseth sometimes thinks he's the only driver out there. But like wkr77 said, he did it to Jr. earlier in the year at either michigan or california. Point is, almost all of them do it and to me it is part of racing. when sauter got into Kenseth coming out of four that first time it kinda looked like Hal Goodson and Chris Davidson at the first Bigshot. Atleast they didn't send the wrong guy(in this case nobody) to the back during the busch race.

How can you people call Harvick a hypocrite? Rudd hit him in the middle of turn 1, where he didn't have a chance to save it, he could only test out the new SAFER wall. In the Busch race, if you remember, Sauter pulled the bump 'n run on Kenseth coming out of turn 4, so he only lost momentum in trying to save the car and was still able to finish 6th. In all the short track races I've watched the 29 race, I can't remember him ever putting someone into the wall the way Rudd did him in the middle of the corners, he's always done "clean" bump 'n runs (except maybe for wrecking jeff green, [comment edited out by Nick Holt, 9/11/03]. And to worry about him saying the "GD" phrase on camera? Grow up, most adults and most kids cuss, and cuss frequently. The fact that there was a camera is irrelevant, seeing as how he was in the middle of a heated confrontation. BTW, who remembers gordon calling his car a damn piece of sh~t when he hit the kill switch a few races back? Did anybody complain about that? Nope, don't think so. That's because Gordon is one of NASCARs golden boys, and Harvick is one of the Bad Boys of NASCAR. The media really is trying to turn it into the old WWF, with the good guys and bad guys. And if you want to talk about putting people in the wall intentionally at the end of the race, don't forget a few years back when Earnhardt put Texas Terry into the wall at Bristol. It's just racing, and when you're on a track that promotes a short track menatality for 4 hours, stuff like that is gonna happen. Harvick and his crew got what he deserved from NASCAR this week, so let's just move on to NHIS. B)

How can you people call Harvick a hypocrite? Rudd hit him in the middle of turn 1, where he didn't have a chance to save it, he could only test out the new SAFER wall. In the Busch race, if you remember, Sauter pulled the bump 'n run on Kenseth coming out of turn 4, so he only lost momentum in trying to save the car and was still able to finish 6th. In all the short track races I've watched the 29 race, I can't remember him ever putting someone into the wall the way Rudd did him in the middle of the corners, he's always done "clean" bump 'n runs (except maybe for wrecking jeff green, [comment edited out by Nick Holt, 9/11/03]. And to worry about him saying the "GD" phrase on camera? Grow up, most adults and most kids cuss, and cuss frequently. The fact that there was a camera is irrelevant, seeing as how he was in the middle of a heated confrontation. BTW, who remembers gordon calling his car a damn piece of sh~t when he hit the kill switch a few races back? Did anybody complain about that? Nope, don't think so. That's because Gordon is one of NASCARs golden boys, and Harvick is one of the Bad Boys of NASCAR. The media really is trying to turn it into the old WWF, with the good guys and bad guys. And if you want to talk about putting people in the wall intentionally at the end of the race, don't forget a few years back when Earnhardt put Texas Terry into the wall at Bristol. It's just racing, and when you're on a track that promotes a short track menatality for 4 hours, stuff like that is gonna happen. Harvick and his crew got what he deserved from NASCAR this week, so let's just move on to NHIS. B)

Wrecking someone intentionally is not racing. One question. What race were you watching? Rudd did not hit Harvick in the middle of the turn. At Johnny Sauter did not hit Kenseth coming out of the turn. Just wondering.

shorttrack, I don't think anyone is saying Harvick is a hypocrite for what happened on track. But more for the off track antics. In the Busch race he thought it was a good move by Sauter to take Kenseth out, not once, but twice, and INTENTIONALLY the second time. Even went so far as to state that in the post race interview. Then come the Cup race, he gets the same treatment, though NOT intentional, from Rudd and all hell breaks loose. I'm sorry but that's hypocracy at its worst!!

Jason, you argued my point for me, thanks. Wrecking another driver intentionally is not racing (i define wrecking to be putting someone in the wall or another car, causing damage). When Rudd hit Harvick, it was a wreck because the 29 got tore up (yes indeed, it was in the middle of turn 1). When Sauter (who I'm not a big fan of anyway) hit Kenseth, he was coming onto the straight and did not hit anything, so it was not a wreck. That's all I'm trying to say. And as far as Kenseth goes, he needs to realize that when he runs a Busch race, the overall talent of the drivers is diminished from what he's used to being around on Sundays. I don't think the first time Sauter got up into him was intentional at all, and it was a great looking save by both drivers, too. However, Kenseth got all upset and decided to try to wreck Sauter under caution, which is intentional and he should have been to red hauler about that. I think Harvick's point after the Busch race was just that both cars were beatin' and bangin' and both cars were still in one piece, so it was good racing.

Archived