Pretty C/S move by Sauter in the Busch race

rebelracewriter

If your talkin about Sauter that was a good move in order to pass Kenseth. Kenseth should have never hit him under caution. Personaly I was quite impressed with the pass and I dont get why people dont like to see alittle rubbin in racing anymore. People get to up tight about rubbin and I think its BS. The cars came out lookin fine so what the heck is the big deal takin someone out is one thing but makin a bump pass is another. And unless you need glasses I didnt see Sauter take out Kenseth I saw him pay him back and pass him.

Kenseth ONLY rubbed Sauter under caution AFTER Sauter tried to take him out the first time. If you saw the post race interview, he (Sauter) admitted it was intentional!! If that's the only way the bozo can win, maybe he should go back to ASA and learn how to pass clean, like his dad always did.

Ask your dad whether he'd rather win on a clean pass, or dump someone just to take the checkers.

looked like a clean pass too me. no one wrecked did they? im glad kenseth didnt win, he is gonna win a winston cup sauter was going for bgn win 2. it was a good race and glad too see jason keller was ok. if someone needs to go back too learn how to drive it is #48 shane hmiel.... congrats to the 43 team!!!!! hope tommorow nights race is just as good, but i doubt it.

Well Ill leave that answer to the unknown Reb cause I dont wanna spill the beans on how he thinks alot of racers read this page. :D Guess we will just have to see he won the last SS race at THR last year and thats comin up again so maybe we will get lucky and win IM puttin my bet on him for this weekend.

Like I aways say, the only two people who actually know what happened out there are the two drivers involved. The rest of us just think we know what happened. Nothing more.

That's why I oppose track or series rules that require race officials to make judgement calls. Just look at the different opinions expressed over this one incident.. and that's even with the benefit of replays...

Nick Holt

I think down here in CC we have a name for a pass/wrecking like that. I will leave it to someone else to say what it is. Anyone remember when his brother Jay turned right into Biffle at Richmond at few years ago? Biffle got out and punched him. For some reason it doesn't suprise me. I did hear too that Shane Hmeil was a cousin to them or something. Not suprised :) lol

I normally do not believe in the bump and run. If your faster you need to prove it by making a clean pass. This situation is different, when kenseth hit him under yellow, the gloves come off, I drive the same way. I looked closely at the replay of the first time they came together, and I can assure you it was MK coming down as much as Johnny coming up.

I thought that was a dang good race. That was some good racing when Sauter and Kenseth were sideways half way down the front stretch never backed out of the gas and never hit the wall. What ruins it is when someone like Kenseth cries about every little thing like he did last night. When he said that Harvick was dumb for going three wide was about the stupidest thing I've heard yet, was Harvick just supposed to sit back and finish third? I completely agree with Bandit and ss36_tams37 on this one, Sauter was paying him back for what he did under caution. And I think Tony Stewart summed it up when he said that Kenseth did the same thing to him on the last lap in a busch race when stewart was driving the Shell #44.

Heck, I don't really care who bumped who, it was a pretty good race to watch. I did enjoy Sauter telling everyone he meant to do it, instead of giving the standard politically correct excuses we hear all the time.

Took about two pitchers of margarita to watch it.

If tonight is anything like last night, we'll go through at least two, probably three pitchers...... Better check my supplies!

If you watch the first contact it appeared to me that when Sauter turned down under Kenseth the back end broke loose a little and he did come up the track but Sauter was not referring to that when he said it was intentional. Both of them did a great job and I was very happy to see Kenseth say he shouldn't have run into him under yellow. I don't really see where Sauter did anything that any other racer out there wouldn't do, does anyone doubt that Earnhardt wouldn't have done the same.

Let's see....an RCR dumps someone twice and other RCR drivers say it's ok, he deserved it, and/or it's just short track racing. Yet let someone dump an RCR car and all they want to do is whine or fight.

Yep, sounds hypocritical to me!!!!!!

Time for NASCAR to give Harvick (another) TIME OUT!!!

Don't get me wrong what Rudd and Burton did was not right and at least Burton had the moxie to accept responsibility and not make stupid excuses or blame the other guy.

They showed a replay of the Rudd/Harvick deal from an overhead view, and you can clearly see that Harvick, for whatever reason, slowed suddenly in front of Rudd. Rudd had no where to go.

Rudd has never been a choir boy on the track, but based on what I saw,he didn't hit Harvick on purpose.

Harvick, as several have already stated, showed a pretty hypocritical side tonight.

and to top it off-harvick walks across the hood of rudds car -plus when asked by a commentator what happened harvick blasted out with the word "GD"loud and clear for tv viewers.guess we'll have to wait and see what nascar does on this one.i wonder if vince from the wwe is working for bill france-racing and wrestling.it's almost like you know whos going to be involved before it happens

Sauter started the bumping, that is why Kennseth hit him under yellow. I dont mind a move for the win, but he got into Kennseth earlier and almost wrecked them both. Gotta agree with you on this one reb, and who cares how many races Kennseth has won before, just a c/s excuse in my opinion. Kennseth is and will always be a better, classier driver than Sauter. I guess racecar25 was watching a different race than the one that was broadcast on my tv, if that was your idea of a clean pass, I would hate to see what you would call a dirty pass!

I am recalling a race earlier in the season I think The first Michigan race where Kenseth almost wrecked Jr. coming to the white flag and didn't think anything of it...If anyone is a hipocrite then I would have to say Kenseth is. As far as the Sauter Kenseth thing... GO Sauter! I haven't ever seen anyone race Kenseth like that in a while, and I thought it was a good race. Matt Kenseth is usually one of my favorite drivers, but I lost alot of respect for him after this weekend... Just my opinion...Thanks Tim

Archived