Bill LaBarge wins TPS

Hey Mike,

It was new, but will have to come apart again, too much blow by.

I guess stock rings aren’t good enough.

SORRY TO HEAR THAT ..I HOPE YOU GET IT FIXED .. YOU DA MAN .. WHEN WE BEAT YOU I WANT IT TO BE WITH BOTH MOTORS PERFECT LOL ..WE JUST HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO BEAT YOU AT KYLE ..YOUR TOUGH ..

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I’m surprised that no one has taking advantaged of the rules regarding the Fords till now.

Great job 85 Team, congrats to Ja on the new track record!

I didn’t think we ever see Fords complain about Fords doing well.

I haven't taken the time to go back through the forum, but about a year ago (in one of those long, long threads about how the Fords were being picked on by TPS) I predicted that someone with a lot of knowledge and experience would take advantage of those Ford rules and become the car to beat.

Once Ja gets some full-competition laps under his belt that Ford will be tough to beat. At this point, it appears that the existing Ford teams have some work to do to catch up to the 85 car.

Of the subject a bit, but I also predict that the first team that actually takes advantage of the TPS air-colled VW rules and (this is the key) gets the car to handle, will set track records everywhere TPS goes.

Nick Holt

THE FORD TEAMS HAVE SOME WORK TO CATCH UP WITH THE 85 CAR .. HOW ABOULT ADDING THE VW.S TO THAT LIST AND BMW .AND HONDA AND TOYOTA .PONTIAC .. YOU SEEM TO JUST SAY OTHER FORD TEAMS ..FOR AS THAT ONE FORD BLOWS AWAY THE FIELD AS IN WHAT YOU ARE PREDICTING THEN ALL ARE IN TROUBLE .AND WONDER HOW LONG BEFORE THE OTHERS START COMPLAINING .JUST LIKE THE LAST TIME A FORD STARTED BLOWING AWAY THE FIELD A FEW YEARS BACK .I ALSO PREDICT 85 WILL BE THE CLASS OF THE FIELD BEFORE ITS ALL SAID AND DONE ..I HOPE HE DOES .FOR THEASE OTHER FORD TEAMS HAVE DONE THIER HOME WORK .GOT FAST AND GOT SLOWED DOWN .MAYBE THAT WONT HAPPEN TO HIM ..POWER TO YOU 85 . .I JUST WONDER WHAT WOULD BE SAID AND DONE WHEN HE DOES GET IT TOGETHER ON HIS DRIVING ..I MYSELF WILL NOT TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THEM THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING .JUST DONT SAY THE OTHER TEAMS DONT WORK AT IT ..THAT IS AN INSULT TO EVERY FORD TEAM AND OTHER TYPE OF CARS ASWELL .. 20 IM WITH YOU ON 55 .THIER IS A MONSTER HIDEING THERE .. DONT LET HIM OUT OF HIS CAGE .. THE DRIVER IS OUT TOGET US ..

HEY GUYS THANKS FOR THE NICE COMMENTS, BUT WE STILL HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO TO GET THE CAR TO HANDLE LIKE I WANT. BUT LIKE NICK SAID THAT IS THE WAY TO GET THE AIRCOOLED CARS UP FRONT. WE ARE WORKING ON WIEGHT DISTRIBUTION RIGHT NOW. WE HAD TO ADD OVER 100LBS OF LEAD TO THE CAR LAST SAT TO GET IT TO WEIGH CORRECT. IM NOT QUITE AS BIG A GUY AS RANDY IS.

It isn’t insult to me, that’s why the motor is coming apart and make it better.

I just got laze after time trails and didn’t make any adjustments,

like cam timing, carburetor, ignition and etc.

Specially that I was beat by Bill .5 secs. & Ja 1.0 secs.

Never again!

WELL IM IN THE SAME BOAT IF AND WHEN I GET THAT 7 CAR RUNNING .AND DRIVE IT ..I WILL HAVE TO ADD A FEW MORE POUNDS TO IT .RANDY HE ISNT SAYING YOUR FAT .LOL .AND IM NOT SAYING JESSIE IS FAT .WE ARE BOTH SMALLER .THATS ALL .

OT,

THE FORD TEAMS HAVE SOME WORK TO CATCH UP WITH THE 85 CAR .. HOW ABOULT ADDING THE VW.S TO THAT LIST AND BMW .AND HONDA AND TOYOTA .PONTIAC .. YOU SEEM TO JUST SAY OTHER FORD TEAMS ..

I said Ford teams because it's a brand new Ford (number 85) that set the TPS track record at SAS by quite a margin. If one Ford team can go that fast under the rules, then it seem logical that the other Ford teams should be able to as well. Hopefully your team will be just as fast once you get it to the track.

FOR AS THAT ONE FORD BLOWS AWAY THE FIELD AS IN WHAT YOU ARE PREDICTING THEN ALL ARE IN TROUBLE .

Remember, OT, I made the prediction about the Fords having the rules advantage before the 85 car was ever thought of. It was obvious to me that the current TPS rules favored the Fords and I said so. If making such a prediction hurt your feelings, all I can do is say that I'm not sure why it should...

AND WONDER HOW LONG BEFORE THE OTHERS START COMPLAINING .JUST LIKE THE LAST TIME A FORD STARTED BLOWING AWAY THE FIELD A FEW YEARS BACK

The complaining seems to have started already, but not from the sources I expected. Frankly, if anyone has a complaint it would be the FWD cars.

I ALSO PREDICT 85 WILL BE THE CLASS OF THE FIELD BEFORE ITS ALL SAID AND DONE ..I HOPE HE DOES

We agree on that.

FOR THEASE OTHER FORD TEAMS HAVE DONE THIER HOME WORK .GOT FAST AND GOT SLOWED DOWN .MAYBE THAT WONT HAPPEN TO HIM

Well, if there are rules changes made to slow that Ford down, it will also impact the other Fords. I'm not too sure I'd be lobbying to put rules restrictions on the Fords if I were part of a Ford team.

..POWER TO YOU 85 . .I JUST WONDER WHAT WOULD BE SAID AND DONE WHEN HE DOES GET IT TOGETHER ON HIS DRIVING ..I MYSELF WILL NOT TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THEM THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING .JUST DONT SAY THE OTHER TEAMS DONT WORK AT IT ..THAT IS AN INSULT TO EVERY FORD TEAM AND OTHER TYPE OF CARS ASWELL ..

Nobody said the other teams don't work at it. In fact, it is quite obvious that there are several TPS cars that have made signficant improvements in their cars over the past couple of seasons. I'm not quite sure how you interpret what I am saying here as an insult directed towards any of the Ford teams.

20 IM WITH YOU ON 55 .THIER IS A MONSTER HIDEING THERE .. DONT LET HIM OUT OF HIS CAGE .. THE DRIVER IS OUT TOGET US ..

More than a moster lurking there, OT. Those cars have a whole bunch of handling engineering problems to solve, but with the independent suspension systems being built under some of them, it won't be long before Neil will be listening to everyone complain about how unfair the air-cooled rules are.. LOL

And OT, you forgot one more serious challenge. As the 4-valve cars and fuel injected cars begin to gravitate towards TPS, the rules puzzle will become even more complex. Instead of putting together a 500 peice puzzle, Neil will be faced with a 1,000 piece puzzle. That Neon was running on street tires at SAS and still did quite well. That engine sounded very strong. And there are some serious aftermarket suspension pieces to be had for the Neon. I look for Will to be up front soon.

But, knowing Neil, he'll do the research to stay on top of it just like he has for the past 32 years.

Nick

Although, i agree everyone should be watching out for the #85 car this season due to his fast car and start, but lets try and not appoint him the car to beat yet. Remember, it isnt always the fastest car that wins the race, but the one that finish's first. Also, you might have to consider that a few other faster cars werent out on the track at SAS (#10-Donnie, #74-Wasek, 19-Lloyd's new Toyota). And lets also not forget that Byrce went out last season's first race and set the track record with the fastest car and yet couldnt get up to the front and finish first. :P

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE NICK ..YOU KNOW AS I KNOW YOU CANT TELL BTW THINGS ARE SAID ON HERE HOW TO PERCIEVE THEM .. OVER ALOT OF POST YOU STATED FORD TEAMS NEED TO DO THIER HOME WORK .AND IT COMES OFF IN AWAY ..THAT WE ARE NOT WORKING TO BETTER OUR CARS ..YOUR EXPLANATION SEEMS TO BE THE OTHER WAY AROUND ..AS OF NOW I WONT TAKE AS AN INSULT . I AM NOT GOING TO LOBBY FOR A RESTRICTION FOR THAT FORD .AND IF I WERE TOO ....IT WILL NOT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT BEING A FORD ..I DONT CARE WHAT KINDA CAR MAKE IT IS ............ NOW YOU CANT COMPARE APPLE TO ORANGES WITH OUR FORDS .WE ARE RWD WITH TOTALY DIFFERENT MOTORS AND SETUPS . JUST LIKE YOU CANT COMPARE FWD VW.S WITH BEATLES ..THE NAME IS THE SAME .BUT THAT IS WHERE IT ENDS. ..NEON WILL THATS ANOTHER STORY . OVER THE YEARS HE HAS DONE A FANTASTIC JOB OF RUNNING AGAINST THE FORDS . AND VW.S I WAS SUPPRISED . BUT AS OF NOW HE.S LIMITED .IN WAYS OF AFTER MARKET PARTS . BUT THAT WILL CHANGE .....AS FOR 55 I HOPE THEY GET THAT CAR TO BE WHAT I SEE IT CAN BE ..AND MAYBE WE ALL WILL GET TO COMPLAIN ABOULT HIM AND OTHER VW BUGS . SHOOT RANDY HAD US WORRIED AT KYLE ...WELP WE WILL SEE YOU ALL SOMETIME THIS YEAR . IM GOING TO DO SOME MORE HOMEWORK AND ADJUST SOME MORE SET UP ON THIS CAR .AND MAYBE GET IT FASTER ......

nick what i was saying is after the tps inspectors came over, several drivers went over to look at the car thats when they said there was to many inspectors and covered the car , and what they told the man ( sorry i cannt think of his name he used to own lloyd;s car ) they brought that car out of north carolina

I have a question, I have read the rules and would like an official clarification on what a OEM frame car is. Exactly how much of the original frame must be used and where???????

THE 7 CAR STILL HAS A STOCK FRONT SNOULT .. ONLY FAB IS WIEGHT JACKS AND SHOCK PLACEMENT .. AROUND THE DRIVERS COMPARTMENT IS SQUARE TB .. FROM THE REAR SPRING HANGERS TO THE BUMPER IS PIPE ..SO THE CAR IS THREE DIFFERENT SECTIONS .NOT A TRUE TUBE CAR ..LIKE YOU THINK IT WOULD BE .. BUT TPS CONSIDERD IT A TUBE CAR FOR IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY STOCK FLOOR .SOME..CARS ARE STOCK FLOOR AND ARE TIED IN FROM FRONT TO BACK THROUGH THE STOCK BODY .WHICH IF THIS CHASSIS HAD NOT BEEN BUILT THE WAY IT WAS .WOULD HAVE BEEN SOME STOCK FLOOR IN IT ....THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT CHANGES IT FROM NONE TUBE .TO TUBULAR .{FLOOR BOARD .}. WHEN THIS CHASSIS WAS STARTED TIDA ALOULD A FORD TO DO THIS WITH OUT PINALTY . IF I REMEMBER CORRECT . IF NOT SOMEONE WILL CORRECT ME ...IRENE WILKIE HAD A PINTO SOMEWHAT LIKE THIS ONE ...... ANYWAY I HOPE THIS HELPS .BTW HOW ARE YOU DOING ..WHEN I BUILT THE 30 PINTO FOR CHIP IT WAS TIED IN WITH THE STOCK FLOOR IN IT ..OTHER THEN THAT ITS CLOSE TO WHAT WE HAVE ..JUST HAS FLOORBOARD ...

THE 7 CAR STILL HAS A STOCK FRONT SNOULT .. ONLY FAB IS WIEGHT JACKS AND SHOCK PLACEMENT .. AROUND THE DRIVERS COMPARTMENT IS SQUARE TB .. FROM THE REAR SPRING HANGERS TO THE BUMPER IS PIPE ..SO THE CAR IS THREE DIFFERENT SECTIONS .NOT A TRUE TUBE CAR ..LIKE YOU THINK IT WOULD BE .. BUT TPS CONSIDERD IT A TUBE CAR FOR IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY STOCK FLOOR .SOME..CARS ARE STOCK FLOOR AND ARE TIED IN FROM FRONT TO BACK THROUGH THE STOCK BODY .WHICH IF THIS CHASSIS HAD NOT BEEN BUILT THE WAY IT WAS .WOULD HAVE BEEN SOME STOCK FLOOR IN IT ....THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT CHANGES IT FROM NONE TUBE .TO TUBULAR .{FLOOR BOARD .}. WHEN THIS CHASSIS WAS STARTED TIDA ALOULD A FORD TO DO THIS WITH OUT PINALTY . IF I REMEMBER CORRECT . IF NOT SOMEONE WILL CORRECT ME ...IRENE WILKIE HAD A PINTO SOMEWHAT LIKE THIS ONE ...... ANYWAY I HOPE THIS HELPS .BTW HOW ARE YOU DOING ..WHEN I BUILT THE 30 PINTO FOR CHIP IT WAS TIED IN WITH THE STOCK FLOOR IN IT ..OTHER THEN THAT ITS CLOSE TO WHAT WE HAVE ..JUST HAS FLOORBOARD ...

OT,

Quoting from the 2007 TPS rules: 2A. The lightening of floors, doors, underside or interior panels of body and the removal of windows is allowed. Firewalls and floors may be replaced but must be metal. Sunroof openings must be welded shut.

So, the floor pan has nothing do with the determination that the #7 car does not have an OEM frame.

Nick

I WONT GO INTO DETAILS BUT WHEN THE SEVEN CAR WAS BUILT 4 YEARS AGO .THE MAIN ANSWER WE GOT . WAS IT WAS A TUBE CHASSIS .FOR AT THE TIME DID NOT HAVE A STOCK FLOORBOARD ..AND COULD NOT HAVE ONE FOR THE WAY IT WAS BUILT .THEREFORE WE COULD NOT CLAIME IT STOCK BASED ONLY OFF THE FRONT SUB ..ONE QUESTION THAT WAS ASKED WAS IF THE BODY AND FLOORBOARD WAS CUT IN HALF WITH A SAW DOWN THE MIDDLE WOULD IT THE CAR FALL INTO TWO PIECES .AND OUR ANSWER WAS NO ..THEN I DONT KNOW OF ANYCAR IN TPS WILL BE ABLE TO PASS THAT TEST ..WE SHOWED PIC AFTER PIC OF THIS CAR GOING TOGETHER AND THAT WAS THE THE RULEING ..NO PROBLEM .WE LIVED WITH THE RULEING . THIER WAS A LOT MORE DETAIL TALKED ABOULT BACK THEN . BUT LIKE I SAID I WONT GO INTO THAT ....NOW YOU POINTED OUT THE 2007 RULES . THEY MAY HAVE CHANGED SENSE THEN .I WILL GO BACK AND LOOK AT 2003 ......IF I CAN FIND THEM .THIER WAS A GREY AREA .... COURSE ALL RULES HAVE A GREY AREA .LOL ..

The 85 doesn't have to allow anyone except tech inspectors to look at their car.

EXACTLY!............somebody out worked you guys in the off season , so now he has an unfair advantage?

"the KLEENEX tps 50".........i wonder what would have been said if he would have not spun and just set sail at the start?

ALL I KNOW IS THAT THREE CARS LAP 85 & I WAS ONE OF THEM & I GOT CAUGHT IN TRAFFIC & I STARTED IN THE BACK BUT THE 85 IS VERY FAST & I GIVE THEM ALOT OF CREDIT. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS WAIT FOR THE NEXT RACE & EAT BAR-B-Q WHATS UP CRAZY HORSE WHER HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING

in the grassy knoll......

j/k.....in the shop , it's off season which means it's not.

ALL I KNOW IS THAT THREE CARS LAP 85 & I WAS ONE OF THEM & I GOT CAUGHT IN TRAFFIC & I STARTED IN THE BACK BUT THE 85 IS VERY FAST & I GIVE THEM ALOT OF CREDIT. ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS WAIT FOR THE NEXT RACE & EAT BAR-B-Q WHATS UP CRAZY HORSE WHER HAVE YOU BEEN HIDING

must have been the BAR .B Q .....

Archived