Lane has a mighty quick TPS car

NickHolt

I was at the San Antonio Speedway Test and Tune day on Saturday and was mighty impressed with Ja (pronounced "Jay") Lane's TPS ride - a Ford Focus.

I didn't get a stopwatch on him, but someone who did told me he was clicking off laps at, or below the TPS track record! Maybe he didn't have all the weight in yet or maybe he had his dad's V-8 in there just for fun, but that car was flying.

And, speaking of TPS cars, Sergio Hexsel had his yellow VW Rabbit hopping pretty good as well. That thing was on rails through the turns. It's obvious that Sergio's team has been doing their suspension homework.

Not to be outdone, Ariel Arredondo had his Ford Taurus up to competitive speeds. His dad said they found a bind in the suspension over the winter that was more than likely the cause of Ariel's handling problems last season.

Looks like a great year for TPS.

Nick

SOUNDS LIKE THERE WILL BE A NEW KID ON THE BLOCK OR FORD .GOOD TO HERE SERGE IS FASTER .GOOD LUCK 85 FROM A FORD TEAM TO ANOTHER .WE HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR 66 THIS YEAR MEN ON A MISSION .. AND WE HAVE NEON WILL ASWELL ..... QUESTION HAS A DODGE EVER RAN WITH TPS BEFORE ..

SOUNDS LIKE THERE WILL BE A NEW KID ON THE BLOCK OR FORD .GOOD TO HERE SERGE IS FASTER .GOOD LUCK 85 FROM A FORD TEAM TO ANOTHER .WE HAVE TO WATCH OUT FOR 66 THIS YEAR MEN ON A MISSION .. AND WE HAVE NEON WILL ASWELL ..... QUESTION HAS A DODGE EVER RAN WITH TPS BEFORE ..

Audie Howell ran a Dodge TC3/Turismo/Charger at SAS with TPS back in the late 80s, early 90s. I know it was on its lid once. I bought it and started to get it in shape then sold it after letting a friend drive it. The car is currently in Bryan, for sale. Bill LaBarge has contact info.

turbotoddie

Archived