Richard Tharnish - THR Official

Mary Ann

After forwarding the Message from Richard and Dorothy Suberg, I received the following sad email, oh my, so much sadness the last few days. Richard, you, your daughter and your entire family are in our prayers!

In a message dated 12/26/2006 9:32:45 AM Pacific Standard Time, rich.tharnish@activant.com writes:

Mary Ann,

Thanks for forwarding this. Kevin fought a tough battle. My youngest daughter (18) was diagnosed with cancer (sarcoma) December 5th. We are currently running back and forth between Kyle and Houston getting her treatment at MD Anderson.

Please keep her in your prayers.

Richard Tharnish

THR Infi Official Turn 1.

Oh my God, I am so very sorry!!! My prayers are so with you, what can we do???

Sincerely,

Mary Ann

Pray. Send angels. We can beat this thing. We are in the best place for the care she needs so we are just finding out now what we need to do. I’ll keep you posted.

Richard Tharnish

that is sad..........we will pray for your daughter and your family...........it is times like these and tragedies like these that make you realize that there are more important things in life to worry about other than the latest schedules not having slm's or the latest rule book changing the wheel base of the class.......sure parking a $30,000 slm sucks, but having to struggle with watching you loved one suffer with cancer is a whole hell of a lot worse............our thoughts and prayers are with your family.........

MaryAnn,

Could you please let Richard know if they need anything in the Houston area to please give me a call? I live about a mile from the medical center and would be glad to help in any way I can, even with living arrangements if needed. Traveling can rack up those costs and I would more than happy to help.

Please PM me if help

Richard,

There are a lot of people pulling for your daughter - me included.

Only God knows why these trials come into our lives - I sure don't. But one day we will all understand why stuff like this comes our way. Surely the Creator of the universe can be trusted, even if we don't understand the why's and why not's right now.

Nick

Ditto what Nick said.... Richard, you and the family are in our prayers... May God strengthen you all in yet another trail. May the peace of God overcome all uncertainties. May he give you all rest in your times of werriness. May she be a testimony to those who don't know are Lord.

It truely amazes me as to how quickly we draw to support one another.... God Bless everyone during the holiday season, may he protect each and everyone of s as we travel....

Mark

Richard,

We are also praying, for your daughter and family's fight against this cancer. Keep your hope and spirits high. If you haven't already seen it...below is a site for CURE magazine that offers the latest research info and best care giver support. We found it to be incredibly helpful.

The Gural's

http://www.curetoday.com/cureXtra/currentissue

Protect her fertility - http://www.fertilehope.org/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the kind messages and most of all your prayers. Jessica finished her first round of Chemo and then a fever made us head back to the hospital. Her white blood count is dangersouly low. this is an expected result of the chemo but scary that a single cold germ could kill her. Her next round of chemo is scheduled for the 25th at MD Anderson. I'll try to keep you all updated on what's going on. Thanks again for all your support.

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

JEssica finished her second round of chemo and is feeling pretty sick these days. The good news is that the doctors where real shocked by how much the tumor has shrunk. The pain has dropped enough that the pain medications are finally working also. Next round is scheduled for the 15the of Feb.

Thanks for all your prayers and angels. They really do help!

Our prayers are with you, your daughter and family. Even though we race in Kyle, we live in Houston. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to ask. We will gladly lend a hand if needed to go along with our prayers.

Jeff and Kathie Weir

• 3 weeks later...

Three down three to go. We are also scheduled for an MRI and to talk to the surgons this next round. We were told the earliest they would probably do the surgery is the end of March but will no more on the 7th. They have given her antibiotics to take at home this time so we are hoping to miss the hospital trip in the middle this time. Keep your fingers crossed.

I really appreciate all the support you have all shown during this time. I look forward to seeing you all when racing resumes at THR.

Hang in there Richard.

Sometimes it's hard to see, let alone understand, why these things happen. But rest assured that God knows all about it. Our job, besides doing all we can do to fix it, is simply to trust Him...

Nick

• 1 month later...

I thought I should give an update. We went in for the MRI and got some good news. The surgeon wants to wait until all the chemo is done before doing the surgery. She was real impressed with the tumors response to chemo and is hoping that a little spot on her sacrum will also go away. If it does then she thinks she will be able to rebuild the hip so that after 18months on crutches and a year or so of rehab Jessica would be able to walk without a cane till she’s 70 or so. That was all GREAT news.

Then we went in the next day for the 4th round of chemo and found that her blood counts were too low and we had to come back to Kyle for a couple extra weeks and blood and platelets. We finally got back and everything went fine. The doctors reduced the amount of chemo she gets and she has felt better in between this time. We head back again Wednesday for her fifth out of six so we have our fingers crossed.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

• 1 month later...

1st I want to thank Mary Ann for allowing me the opportunity to come out Saturday night. I really enjoyed all the great racing and seeing all of you top notch people. Thanks to Greg for getting me involved since I had promised my wife I wouldn’t work ON the track and he made it possible to do what I enjoy doing and not breaking that promise. I also want to thank everyone that stopped me and had nothing but kind words and promises of prayers. They are really appreciated and a lot nicer than getting yelled at because of a call I made while working the corner. I saw people smile that I didn’t think knew how. What a treat!

As for an update for all those that I didn’t get a chance to talk to Jessica goes to Houston this week for a round of tests and her 6th and last (fingers crossed and knocking wood) round of chemo. Next month will probably be the surgery and we are still hoping that the tumor has shrunk sufficiently that rebuilding her pelvis will be a reality.

Thanks to everyone for a great night! I’ll keep you all posted of updates.

Archived