Stolen...

Hartracn19

Saw this on another site - so I thought I would cut and paste here, since we all need to watch out for one another...

Please keep your eyes open and anyone with a shop, please print and post. This family is very dedicated and Brea is an up and coming, well deserving young lady as is her family. As you can imagine, they are devastated.

Thank you....

December 12, 2006 at 09:55:25:

Hello Everyone,

We were on our way to Orlando, Florida for the PRI Sprint and Midget Classic; we stopped right outside of Kansas City, Missouri at a hotel to sleep for the night. We got up around 6 am and walked outside and everything was gone. Our truck was a Black 2005 Dodge Ram, and our trailer was a white Exiss with two big decals on the back one is a WMRA logo and one is a Red Line Oil decal. Every single piece of my racing operation was in that trailer.

The Chassis was a red powder coated 2005 Beast, with black carbon fiber pannels. The motor is an Esslinger. Our tool box with all of our tools, shocks and springs, wheels and tires, quad, all of my safety equipment, spare axels rear ends, I can't even name it all off. I really don't even know what to say right now. Just please if anyone hears or sees anything, please let me know. Email me at brea_lopez@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Brea

Reminds me of when doug.s car and truck was stolen tws . got the car back but lost the truck and tools .some of our stuff was in that truck .one of them was my spare block .sorry a&& poeple .if they find them just bring them on down to texas for some texas style racers punishment .

Man, this is the kind of S&!# that really ticks me off! But, we have only ourselves to blame. That behavior only continues because we tolerate it with only a wrist slap. I my book there is no organism lower than a damn thief! When caught, tried and convicted, there can be no justification for their continued existance on this planet! :angry:

If you are a member of the racer community, Dan Press and Brea Lopez extend the biggest heartfelt thank you to everyone. The car has been found thanks to you.

Two truckers early this morning, a William and a Darren (known as Bear) drove by some brown buildings next to a flying J truck stop in the Kansas city area, and one of the two spotted the midget sitting outside of a white trailer and commented to his partner that he just saw a midget sitting in the wide open between these buildings. The other trucker, being a serious racing fan, immediately responded and said "What!, I just read about a stolen midget on one of the message boards. They went back, and sure enough, there was the midget, trailer, and the Dodge Pick-up. The truckers than called Dan and informed him they were standing there staring at the #25.

Dan contacted the police. Shortly following a Mark Hockemeier, a police officer from Kansas city (and a racer himself) contacted Dan to report that he and his partner, Brandon Steele were responding. At the same time, Officer Lambert, who is a police officer in the Kansas City area and married to Rachel Lambert, cousin to Rob Lindsey, past president and now business manger for the WMRA heard of the find, and responded. All three officers arriving pretty close to each other.

Status - the contents of the trailer are gone - tools, spare parts, generator, lights, heater, and the personal luggage of Dan's and Brea's. However, the car is INTACT, no visible signs what soever of damage or missing parts. Brea's drivers' bag was not taken, Helmet, drivers suit, Hans were left in the trailer. The locks on the trailer were gone and some damage to the drop gate is evident. Spare Tires mounted on Wheels were left, however, spare axels, quick change rear were also taken.

The drivers door handle on the Dodge Ram Pickup broken (gaining access) and the ignition on the column was stripped out.

Once the officers confirmed and did their police stuff at the location, Rachel Lambert than made arrangements for the #25 midget and trailer to be dropped at a secure location (locked compound) and the Dodge Ram was taken to a nearby Dodge Dealership. Mechanics at the dealership, when the P/U came in knew it was the "racers" stolen rig, and quickly assessed the damage and ordered the needed repair parts.

Dan reports he most likely will be flying out within one to two days to bring hauler, trailer, and the #25 back home.

Yes, Brea didn't make it to PRI - however, thanks to the racing community, the excellent work of Marty Boyer in getting the word out on the radio stations, and the posting of the theft on the message boards,

Brea and the #25 will be racing this spring.

Dan Press and family, Brea Lopez, and the whole WMRA community so thank each and every one for caring and aiding in the recovery.

The bond of racers, never cease to amaze.

Thank you, everyone!

Dan Press / Brea Lopez

#25 WMRA

Vader, Washington

Waco Racer,

I know it's a pain in the butt for them at this time, but if they could come up with some accurate descriptions of the stolen tools, parts, etc., I be more than pleased to post them on here and keep an eye out on our classified section for any suspicious parts, etc.

Nick

nick,

awesome idea.

wacoracer, if you could get a list; i'll forward it to my ex-wife who lives in Kansas City, Mo. I'll have her pass it to her daughter and see what she can find out. She is popular in school and you know how kids talk. obviously assuming kids had something to do with it....

Man, it never ceases to amaze me. Through the technology we have available to us today, the word was spread, and I am so happy they got the truck, trailer, and race car back.

The community of racers is tight. We may get on this and other boards and debate which form of racing is better. We talk about dirt vs. asphalt, roundy-round vs. straightliners, open wheel vs. stock car, but when it all comes down to it, a racer is a racer, and this community sticks together like a family...

You know in other countries if you are caught stealing they cut off a hand or two!!!! And maybey even execute them on the spot depending on what they stole! These countries crime rates are really low maybe we should follow thier lead. Its pretty harsh but it wouldnt take long until the thieves got the message!!!! There would be alot of one arm A@@holes walking around.

http://www.globalwave.com/gps-trailer-trac...CFQJrVAods0gtBg

With all the investment that racers put into there rigs and gears maybe spending some extra $$ on a vehical tracking device (on the trailer) might not be a bad idea.

Its a wonder some quick thinking person hasn't started an online site that sells and offers tracking software like fleets have, so that it's cheaper to do for the average racer.

I'm glad they got the big stuff back, b ut that SUCKS about all there tools and stuff. Someone had somewhat of an idea as to what they were looking for though.

Best of luck to them as they get there feet back on the ground.

With all the investment that racers put into there rigs and gears maybe spending some extra $$ on a vehical tracking device (on the trailer) might not be a bad idea.

Its a wonder some quick thinking person hasn't started an online site that sells and offers tracking software like fleets have, so that it's cheaper to do for the average racer.

I'm glad they got the big stuff back, b ut that SUCKS about all there tools and stuff. Someone had somewhat of an idea as to what they were looking for though.

excellent idea. I'll do some checking and see what a Bulk rate would be on something like this. I know I can alarm trailers, but this is limited. Having the ability to track is an awesome idea...

So sence you thought of it .when can we exspect to get one from you . good thinking .always some one else to beat you to the punch on an ideal .

I sent a few emails looking into it. I'm afraid I probably don't have the $$ nor the time to upstart something. WIith the right marketing in national racing magazines, this business could take off nationally with very little work other than managing the data base, and having someone able to answer the phone at any given point in time during the night.

Website wise, you just need an online merchant account, and UPS account to ship the tracking device to the end user. They'd wire it up and you'd simply just manage where they are at. It could be entirely possible to set up some type of log-in so that you could set up a user name and password for each deal so that each person could track there own vehicle, and not someone elses...

I sent a few emails looking into it. I'm afraid I probably don't have the $$ nor the time to upstart something. WIith the right marketing in national racing magazines, this business could take off nationally with very little work other than managing the data base, and having someone able to answer the phone at any given point in time during the night.

Website wise, you just need an online merchant account, and UPS account to ship the tracking device to the end user. They'd wire it up and you'd simply just manage where they are at. It could be entirely possible to set up some type of log-in so that you could set up a user name and password for each deal so that each person could track there own vehicle, and not someone elses...

i hear you it takes money and time to make money .but it is a great ideal .

go to www.tommyjohnsonjr.com TJ sells a wireless system from Advanced Technology that alot of teams use that I race with.You try to steal the hauler and it locks down the trailer brakes and the shows on or try to open a door and all hell breaks loose.Something is better than nothing when your means of making a living is involved.

Archived