Rebelracewriter Returns to Racing

rebelracewriter

Yes that’s right boys and girls, ladies and gents, it’s that time again. I’ll be another year older, but apparently not another wiser as I once again climb into a dirt car for my B-day Aug. 30th at Texas Thunder Speedway. Despite the fact that TTS Promoter Pat Wilson sold my infamous “X” car, I’ve secured another ride.

Through the efforts of track announcer Bill “Sarge” Masom, I’ve made arrangement with the Mike Lowery Racing Team to drive one their Thunder Stocks. Team members include Chris Moore, Trevor Sparkman, Bart Dixon and Walt “Pops” Moore. Lowery builds the cars and motors for Moore and Sparkman. The team is sponsored by Mr. Cool Radiator, Computer Age Auto, Capitol Bearings, Gumbos Restaurant, Astro Mechanical, Solis Trucking, Cantwells Used Parts, and Bland, Schroeder & Archer.

I’ll be driving the #25 Thunder Stock, a 66 Chevy Caprice that has had multiple drivers this year with respectable finishes. I’m going with my three goals again this year, after only making two of them last year. 1. Finish the race, 2. Drive the car on the trailer, 3. Not make a fool of myself. Last year I failed on #3, but so far this year in my one race at HOT Spwy. in the DJ/ Celebrity race and hot lapping a Sportsman car at S.A. Spwy. I’ve done much better in completing my goals. So I’m inviting all my friends and extended racing family to come out to cheer, jeer or sneer for/at me.

Archived