THR '07

RodneyRodriguez

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what kinda rules would keep the 112 vs 108 even.. ? Run the SAS rules?

I don't know enough to know.

Aaron,

Could I have used the 500 carb in that race?

I didn't think so either Marc but as Shawn said I think I could have. I can't find any rules about it. Can anyone give me a heads up on were to find them? Not to run all THR rules but allowed the 500 due to other motor shortfalls.

a thr hobby will handle an sas roadrunner fairly handily with the present rules

It didn't seem that way for the first 7 or 8 laps of the race. With the handling a little better or an experienced driver in my car or both. I'm pretty confident that a SAS Road Runner (hate that name) wouldn't be handled handily.

Jody,

My understand for the Hobby race was you were to run under THR rules or SAS Rules.. No Hybrid's... So if the 500 was allowed under SAS rules you could have run it if it wasn't.. you would have to convert over to THR Hobby rules.. Think theres a few differences.. particular to swaybar mount/Springs, Intake/Vac.. deals.. and so on..

Your car seemed pretty competitive.. but agree your having to increase spring rate on both sides to raise the car sucked!!

As for Keep them even.. 108" i believe would have to remain Stock 4 link with Stock Metric Spindles/Arms for sure... just to start..

Aaron,

That's the way I took it. I heard several people say it would have been allowed. Is there any rules posted anywhere for SAS cars that raced there? I do know it's not allowed under SAS rules. That being said. 500s were allowed for the SAS cars @ OktoberFast. So I don't know and it seems there's nothing in stone/screen/paper.

I don't think the spring change hurt me near as bad as the brain fart.

What ever happened to weight penalties? Too much interpretation of what's fair???

Aaron

After the race Jody said that it seemed to acually handle better with the stiffer springs in the car so who knows... As for the particular rules I just went by what was posted on each classes rule books... On a side note... If I can find me a car and the sched works out I might be up there in a Grand Stock next year when SAS isnt running :) ... Gotta find me a 79 Caprice first...

Marc

I know one advantage is the THR cars can run different spring rates from side to side where as the SAS cars cannot.. I havent looked at the rules close enough yet to know what all other differences there are, but at a glance it didnt look too much different ecept the big one the wheel base.... I know from talking to people the THR's have an engine advantage, that is if I heard them right, but if just changing the intake and carb to be competive, thats not too too bad and can be done pretty easily.....

Kn1ghtblade I was just messing with you. Jody you looked very competitive....I'd like to see the SAS RR's able to come up on off nights and run their 108" cars. Also I don't feel THR has to change their wheel base rule on the Hobbies to let them....JMO

It would be cool if THR just let us run our rules against their HS class on our nights off without haveing to change anything...

I mean seriously with our rules package we will be at a slight disadvantage anyway, and I would really only be racing up there so I can get as much seat time as possible without haveing to rent the track for practice on our off weekends... I dont have that type of cash to rent the track so racing up there at THR is only way to get the extra seat time and being a rookie I will need as much as that as I can get.... :)

Archived