NASCAR Has a Flag Problem?

TalkinCorpus

restore southern heritage by educating the ignorant!

the ignorant [edited out by Nick Holt, 10/10/06] that use it in the wrong way, and the fools and their reversed racism for believing all the ignorant [edited out by Nick Holt, 10/10/06].

..............and before i'm called racist, YEP i believe in the minutemen as well.

A couple of the "Honkies", to use a George Jefferson term, seemed to dislike it in the new Dukes of Hazzard movie. Anyone know why the Anglos are called "Honkies"???? Or used to be?

Edited because the "o" was in front of the "e" in George......

everyone ties the confederate flag to racism, when it is all about southern heritage...........so what we are proud to be from the south and choose to fly the confederate flag, last i checked it is a free country........the thing that i think is wrong is when they are flying the flag of another country along side our american flag.......this is america damnit, you pledge allegence to the american flag and that is it...you arent african american, you arent mexican american, you are american, period........jmo

I THINK IF YOU WANT TO FORGET ABOUT THE CONFEDERATE FLAG AND ITS HISTORY THAT FINE, BUT LETS ALL FORGET ABOUT THE SLAVES, WHO THEY WERE AND WERE THEY CAME FROM, AND NO MORE RACISM. ITS FUNNY HOW PEOPLE WANT TO DROP ONLY HALF OF THE HISTORY.

you pledge allegence to the american flag and that is it...you arent african american, you arent mexican american, you are american, period........jmo

Man Rebel - It is weird to see the exact phrase I have been saying for years placed out there by someone else!!

The other part "you pledge allegence to the american flag," do they actually still do that in the schools today? You know it mentions Someone that those fools (who do not really get how great they realy have here in America) want to deny exists at all so they can take HIS role here on earth.

I'm a Bama Boy,raised 30 miles east of 'Dega.Being OFFENDED is a STATE of MIND of the OFFENDEE,not the OFFENDER.You can make all the efforts to keep from offending someone but does it guarantee that they wont be OFFENDED? NOPE.As "The Declaration of Independence" says,we have the God given right to "the pursuit of happiness",it doesnt say a frigging thing about the right to not be offended.

The big problem is that somewhere along the line the Klan highjacked the Confederate battle flag and someone else wants to let that define the flag. That's a great flag, and a lot of good men and women, including some black people, died fighting under it; not for or against slavery (which wasn't even mentioned until 1863), but against the feds telling everyone what to do. It was a battle flag; it is not and never has been the Flag of the Conferacy (which most people don't recognize even if they see it).

The Confederate battle flag was actually a naval ensign, but it was chosen by the Confederate troops just because they liked it.

Maybe what we need to do is fly more Confederate flags while at the same time making an effort to welcome all colors.

Heck, that's all NASCAR's problem is: black people and brown people and yellow people and the whole rainbow all spend green money, and we know what gets NASCAR's attention. They want diversity because they want a bigger audience, but if that helps bring people of color into the sport, it's a good thing.

the men and women who fight in wars fight for the rights to that flag . the flag is the pride of the nation .if it isnt your flag get the hell out of this country .those freaks who burn our flag dont realize the cost of many lives that were lost for the right to burn it .when the mexicans carried thier flags in protest on our land they best be glad i wasnt there . i have saved a few of those mexicans from dieing on some of these ranches . with water and food that i carried on my tractor .and never turned them in .but now id still help keep them alive but id turn them in ..i dont have a rascist bone in my body some of .my best friends are of different race . .i had a man come into where i work and told me i needed to learn spanish .and ofcourse i wanted to know why .he said so you can talk to me its what you should do .you need to .my responce was this is the great country we live in .its english i have enough problem talking it as it is .and seeing you came over to build a better life .you need to learn our english .cuz if i came to mexico to live id would more than be glad to learn spanish .it would be my duty and respect to your country .well he saw my point .and never brought it up to me again .and when he comes in to my work he always tracks me down to say how are you doing .

The big problem is that somewhere along the line the Klan highjacked the Confederate battle flag and someone else wants to let that define the flag.  That's a great flag, and a lot of good men and women, including some black people, died fighting under it; not for or against slavery (which wasn't even mentioned until 1863), but against the feds telling everyone what to do.  It was a battle flag; it is not and never has been the Flag of the Conferacy (which most people don't recognize even if they see it.

The Confederate battle flag was actually a naval ensign, but it was chosen by the Confederate troops just because they liked it.

Maybe what we need to do is fly more Confederate flags while at the same time making an effort to welcome all colors.

Heck, that's all NASCAR's problem is: black people and brown people and yellow people and the whole rainbow all spend green money, and we know what gets NASCAR's attention.  They want diversity because they want a bigger audience, but if that helps bring people of color into the sport, it's a good thing.

I cant beleive it someone else actually knows the difference between the two flags, very few actually know that the stars and bars is not the flag of the confederate states of america but a simple battalion battle flag that happened to catch on. i just happen to know because due to blood lines it is in deed my heritage and not anything to do with hate B) p.s. the midgets are coming the midgets are coming

TQ hit the nail on the head.

i don't choose friends or enemys by colors , a majority of my friends, outside of racing friends are black...............

neo nazis and the klan claimed something that was'nt theirs to claim. .............and anybody that knows history knows what that war was about, and it wasn't slavery.

we live in an age of reverse racism-i gues we should be happy that that flag is the only thing that erks some people.

naacp - erks me

b.e.t telivision - erks me

miss black america - erks me

.........i could go on and on.

Archived