DVD's Received in the Desert

Desert COP

:D Thank You Thad Yousling from Pflugerville,

Just received a package with 5 DVD's of action packed racing from SAS. As soon as we finish watching the ones from Speedway Videos we'll dig into these. Truck races should be awesome to watch as well. WOW, thanks a million. Thank all of you from all of us. :D

:ph34r: Dennis in the Desert (IRAQ) :ph34r:

OSC(SW) Dennis J Ward

Senior Enlisted Advisor

Expeditionary Strike Group THREE

FPO AP 96601-4701

dennis.ward@me.navy.mil

Hey Dennis - I was really surprised how quickly you recieved them. But then again, they are racing DVD's, so they should be quick!!

:D

been a whole lot faster getting them over there if you would of use air mail instead of the slow honda . :lol:

:D To ALL,

Getting these DVD's is like sending fresh meat to a bunch of vultures. These guys hound me everyday for something new. We are now doing a DVD test to see how many times we can watch these things before they go bad. So far I think the TPS videos have been watched over 200 times since we got them, and they are still crisp and clear. The sound is what gets these Sailors and Marines spun up the most. We are all most gracious for your offerings and will take anything racing that you send. They're all getting watched by over 200 of us now (my audience has grown), and getting watched often with crowds of 30 and 40 at a time. :D

B) Keep in mind we only have a 17 inch screen set up on a bunch of crates, so if you get to many more in the tent, people can't see. Keep'em coming and we'll darn sure watch them. B)

:rolleyes: We love you guys for what your doing for us. :rolleyes: As Gomer Pyle would say and I quote,

:P "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU". :P

OSC(SW) Dennis J Ward

Senior Enlisted Advisor

FPO AP 96601-4701

dennis.ward@me.navy.mil

• 2 weeks later...

;) To All,

Just received a package from Mike and Annette Villerreal that contained 15 DVD's packed full of races from as far back as 1998. Excellent quality and they even threw in the Days of Thunder. I don't know if this is that same Villerreal Family that races or a fan of the track, but they were neatly pakaged like they came from a Video Vender.

From all my Sailors and Marines, we wish to thank South Texas Speedway Staff, Drivers, Crew and Fans for taking care of us race hungry Texan's over here in the desert. This is the best thing that's happened to us since the Hart Family in

San Antonio sent that last batch. You guys and gals are awesome! ;)

:D THANK YOU SOUTH TEXAS SPEEDWAY FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT :D

B) claybuster,

Dirt track warriors would be a great addition to our expanding library. The guys are loving this stuff and wondering how I did it. Well, here's what I suppose happened. SOUTH TEXAS SPEEDWAY did it by keeping it interesting out there and having so many of you folks out there that keep these posts civilized except for an occasional bashing. I think Nick also does a fantatstic job by keeping the peace. B)

:P Ya'll want to send any DVD's, send to the address above. We've actually got a place to put them all now. We all poitched in and bought a water and sand proof box from Pelican. So far so good. It's survived two major sand storms and nothing got in it. We are even able to get our DVD player and monitor in it when the storms come. :P

• 2 weeks later...

:P Thank you Richard Ford of Speedway Videos,

Just received a package with 14 videos full of action packed racing. The troops especially loved the one of call the crashing and smashing. That was some really good stuff. Thank all of you from all of us. :P

OSC(SW) Dennis J Ward

Senior Enlisted Advisor

FPO AP 96601-4701

dennis.ward@me.navy.mil

heck of a race car behind yah .but i dont believe it will pass teck .you wont need a trailor .just have to have a very large pit spot . one thing is you could give all of us a ride down to the local parts store .and maybe stop for a taco or two .now dont tell me that those men are going to be you pit crew .if so i dont believe you.ll ever have any problems with drivers . :D

:P Thank you Richard Ford of Speedway Videos,

Just received a package with 14 videos full of action packed racing. The troops especially loved the one of call the crashing and smashing. That was some really good stuff. Thank all of you from all of us. :P

OSC(SW) Dennis J Ward

Senior Enlisted Advisor

FPO AP 96601-4701

dennis.ward@me.navy.mil

Great to hear yall like that one , my smashin & Crashin 2005 is my best seller. I wanna say thank you for all you do for us.

Dennis,

Are you in this pic as well?  I thought you might be since it looks like Oldtimer helped out with the spelling... LOL

Nick

:P Nick,

I'm not in this one, but these guys are in a camp only half a mile away from us (10,000 plus people). Our supply guys gave them the paint to do it with. The one with the helo and my SPECWAR bubbas has me in it though. I'm second from the right in the second row.

And hell ya, oldtimer learned me pert near everything I know on spellin. Heck, I gradiated six grade tree times.

Give-em hell and don't let the buck stop here. :P

:rolleyes: And by the way, doesn't GED stand for Good Enough Degree?? Just checking the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say. :rolleyes:

B) Also checked with the airboss, and he said no rides unless you guys are ready to jump out of a pefectly good aircraft at 5000 feet and certainly no taco stand stops in Texas. He's from Arkansas and he might consider a detour. LOL B)

:angry: Yah oldtimer,

We all had a group pile of substance we'd like to send to him as an act of gratitude for his kind words to our fighting men and women, him and his three purple hearts. We invite him to come over and join some real combat troops. We'll make room for him in the lead vehicle in our patrol convoy. :angry:

:blink: He caused his own injuries (so CNN says) then put himself in for those awards. Thats a reall winner the DEMS have chosen. Maybe not all the DEMS I can say that for sure! :blink:

;) Take care ya'll and Thanks again to Speedway Videos for the awesome videos. We've watched five of them so far and the sound quality is awesome. ;)

i dont care if your against the war. i dont want yah over there either but to mouth off aboult all the men and women in service here and over thier is just plain lunatic . and then say it was a joke . [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/4/06] and that is not very good to say on my part .it does not matter what party you are part of .its just plain wrong .

i dont care if your against the war. i dont want yah over there either but to mouth off aboult all the men and women in service here and over thier is just plain lunatic . and then say it was a joke . [edited out by Nick Holt, 11/4/06] and that is not very good to say on my part .it does not matter what party you are part of .its just plain wrong .

Wishing Senator Kerry harm is not very nice, indeed. In fact, I am removing it from your post.

Nick Holt

Archived