t h r

Guest stick2it

TQ

I know for a fact the anytime there is a ROMCO race here or any other city, there are TV ads run during the NASCAR races the week before, and during the week on channels such as Speed and others that have something to motor sports. These are run on local cable not on dish so some people do not see them. The reason I know this is because I see the check that is sent every race.

Nick, You are so right the fees the tracks pay cover a portion of the purse, and the other expenses, it takes to put on a race. ROMCO pays the rest. We just hope we at the very least is to break even this weekend seeing how we are paying all three purses ourselves.

BRING ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

TERRY BARDEN

ROMCO

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been more "comfortable" at THR the few times I've been in the stands than I was at Texas Motor Speedway this past year. At least I wasn't rubbing elbows with a stranger.

The suggestion about paving the driveway is a great idea, but a very costly one.

cs

you know....thats almost funny, the idea of paving the parking lot at thunderhill.. Im not sure on Mr. and Mrs. Callaways Financial standings, but you people talk like they or for that matter any other track ownerhas a endless supply of money. There are alot of tracks that need improvements and so on...but instead of sitting on your computers and whining about who should do what....how about you think of ways to make it possible, and present the ideas to the track owners...

-Johnathon Parmley

Artsfan

I guess you were not at the meeting Brian had a fews weeks back. All suggestions where listened to and taken into consideration. And some of those things are still being thought over. It is kinda of late in the season to put some things into play now, but hopefully next year things will be better.

How about if he cant afford to pave the parking area right now, maybe find someone or even ask Robert Mullins to supply a road grader and at least smooth the entry road in that way your not trying to dodge big rocks and the bumpy parts of the road.

Brian and Tracie C. did listen to all the suggestions made at the meeting. I called last week and offered to follow up on one of the suggestions, they gave me a green light. I took the ball and ran with it, hopefully it will increase the attendance. I think if you offered to do the hard work, they would agree to anything that would increase attendance, they did for me.....Please don't call them wanting to hand out free tickets. That's crap. Come up with something good and follow up with it....Bob Riley

Bob-are you saying what I suggested is crap or what somebody else said was.I suggested selling tickets to the DRIVERS for a discount so the DRIVER could give away the tickets-make yourself clear-Tommy Freeman /Driver/Owner/ARTS42

One thing is for certain.

Both the track owners/promoters are just as interested in increasing the quality of racing and the butts in the seats as the racers. The improvements we make now won't have immediate results, but will pay off later down the road. It is a process. However, I think that THR and SAS are on the way there. One thing we all need to remember here. With the end of the season fast approaching, we need to continue on with the dialog and efforts for improvement for next season. Very important that we don't slumber through the winter but keep right on working for the results we are looking for.

My .02

Mark

Zoom,

I think what you said was just about perfect, I can remember back in the day when we had a work day for the track (longhorn that is). One saturday in the off season, all the racer's and crew would show up at the track and help paint ,mow ,fix what needed fixing etc.... Money wise I do what I can, but time I have more of.

...No Tommy, I think your idea is great, it's not crap, I should have worded my responce a little better. At the Thursday meeting at THR, the idea of free tickets kept coming up, there have been some post regarding free tickets and that's what I ment to address. My point was for all of us to get off our butt and do something besides talk. The grass won't get mowed just thinking about it, someone has to do it. We all come up with these great ideas but they never get started, so with your idea, email Tracie, explain to her what you want to do. Maybe experiment with a small amount to see if it works; if it does, expand it. We never know if an idea will work till we try it. Any negative post about THR not trying to help themselves, I think, is un-justified. I like Tommy's idea, call me if I can help...BR.

Archived