t h r

Guest stick2it

Guest stick2it

i know some of the people that r officals read tsz so maybe we could give them some ideas for getting people out to the track if it helps it helps if it dont it dont

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

stick2it,

thr will never get ant new fan to the races ,if they dont run ads on radio or tv . i have been home here in austin for two years and i have only seen one ad on tv for the track ,and have not heard any ads on the radio yet . so that can be why their are not that many fan in the stands.

They have to have the money to advertise and get the word out, which has been discussed on here before, and apparently they don't. No Advertising means no new fan base.

yeah i will back u up gd26

i think they need to call up the media like ch8 in austin it a all news chanel

to do a segment on it or have the media cover a nite of racing maybe call up each sports newscaster and chalenge them to race each outher and try to get them to cover it every week maybe on the sunday sports section on tv

It would be nice if the track would sell drivers a 10 pack of tickets for $50 or a 5 pack for $25 so they could give em away to somebody who has never been to the track.When I tell people we are racing in Kyle at Thunder Hill Raceway,the first thing out of their mouth is can I get em some free tickets.I would pay $5 a piece for a general admission ticket to give to somebody to come watch the races at Thunder Hill.The track would get their $$$ back from concessions and beer sells- and if I give a few people a free ticket, they will bring some friends who have to pay regular admission to come with em.All my years in business, you have to give to get-if you give 10 people a free ticket , you might impress them and get 3 or 4 to become regulars at the races.Then the gate goes up and more people will be in the stands.This is a way the drivers could help their own cause.We as drivers could help fill the seats-when I race at THR and come out of turn 4,and glance up at the stands,theirs plenty of space in the stands to fill-this is just my idea.My thinking is 10 free tickets +each brings one friend who pays regular admission=20 people---each spends an average of $20 that nite on food and beverage=$400 + the $120 (10 friends paid to get in at $12eh=$520 x how many drivers would be willing to do it- bash me or whatever-just trying to come up with something-besides relying on the track to do it for us- Tommy Freeman ARTS 42

WATCH THE NEXT NASCAR RACE. IF THE RACE FAN DEPOT COMMERCIAL COMES ON IT WILL BE RIGHT AFTER IT. I PROMMISE I SEE IT ALL THE TIME! BY THE WAY OUR MOTOR WILL NOT BE READY FOR THIS WEEKEND, HOPE U GUYS HAVE FUN. RACE SAFE, HARD, AND KEEP THE FENDERS ON EM! AS ARNOLD WOULD SAY '' WHELL BEEE BAACCK! BY THE WAY HOPE KIETH RIETHMEYER GETS SOME SLEEP TONIGHT, A TORNADO HIT HIS BUISNESS LAST NIGHT. HIN AND JON STAYED UP THER UNTIL 6: AM THIS MORNING TO WATCH HIS BUISNES. ILL BET THEY NEED SLEEP :huh:

this is in reply to the person who said "fix the seats"....yea defiantly need some more fixing, but hey i helped put some of the braces on the seat about 2 years ago....trust me..they are alot better now....atleast when a 300 pound person sits on them...they dont colapse now.

I see the TV add all the time. The problem is, out of all the NASCAR fans I know, very few will even watch a ROMCO show. It is a matter of perception. Nascar fans think anything below the truck series is just not worth there time. Paving the road into THR would probably do more for initial public perception than anything. People see that road and think, there can't be anything good down there! I know this would not be cheap, and Brian does a great job with the budget he has, but that would be a good direction to head for future improvements.

Archived