Winners for 8/9/03 at THR

Banker36

Thanks for your opinion professor it seems that several times people have ask for spell check to be installed.however I dont see the spellcheck button . Can you tell me how to use the one on my microsoft word program?

Jim C.

illiterate redneck

Hey People!

I spend the afternoon on a family outing and look what happens! A caveman goes wild on us. Thanks to those who didn't retaliate with bashes of their own!

TxRaceFan..... wet u mean weuns is a buncha literary rednicks ? weuns spill jist fin and what school u wint anywho?

Nick Holt

TxRaceFan I hate to tell ya man or girl whatever you are but the sport of racin was founded by rednecks. Moonshine runners were a bunch of hillbillies. Also if you talked that trash at the racetrack you might loose a few teeth so be careful what you say. On the point of Shawn being a bad guy heck no he is very nice and all racers screw up every now and then. Mistakes happen its part of life. Only the drivers know whos fault it was and when they are in the heat of the moment racing, stuff happens.

txracefan could care less about loosing teeth I'm sure,

just pointing out that maybe we should all gather our thoughts

before we decide to x-press them ...

Yes, rednecks made the sport but c'mon , we're beyond that

stereotype aren't we ?? Hell, Im hispanic, I race ...

Loosing teeth at a race ?? I think I saw that Richard Pryor

movie .....

man, everytime i miss a race, its a good one. oh well. hopefully none of the cars were tore up too bad, and they can come back next week.

big john

btw, i take pride in being a illieterate redneck. and if you dont know what btw means, its by the way.

Yea, i dont see why that was said about shawn, now i could see why someone would say that about colt like 3 years ago, but it seems as if hes gotten out of the habbit of bein a "hot head"( no offense Colt) but all in all, they are both great drivers.

new tidbit! Came up to San Marcos last evening and heard that Sean was fined and ejected from THR cause of that bad call last saturday....but for a whole new reason than above! they fined him for making an extra lap after the wreck and hitting Keith again.......now is that how anyone else seen it?

from the pit stands - our view was pretty good - obviously better than THR’s (cept you Kathy - yours is the closest I’ve read yet!) - Keith was sleepin - Sean took off at the green - Keith went up on Sean - Keith didn’;t let up off Sean - going up and over Seans hood taking Keith into the infield. As the cars began piling up - Mark had nowhere to go but into Sean shooting Sean down as Keith tried to spin out of the infield looking like to t-bone Sean and Sean sped up and went around hitting part of the rear of his car on Keiths- as Sean went around the track Keith was out of his car and chasing Sean’s car and throwing rocks or dirt at it! So how did he hit him again and where were the THR officials?

after the heat - we came off the hill past Seans car - we heard Keith yelling he was going to put Sean into the wall in the feature. Keith never made it back out - but sure did voice his opinions all during the feature and afterwards. If he did something like that - why did they let him race the feature and not trailer him?

does anyone know if Keith was fined or ejected? Sounds to me like someone needs to get “the rest of the story” here. lets treat the guy fair - he’s not the guy they are making him out to be - he was one of the top street stock racers at that track. I agree with Kathy in that I do not think he would intentionally destroy his or anyone else’s car - he is just getting another bad rap! So with whatever happens - good luck to the Lehman #15 crew - ya’ll have always helped all of us - we’ll try to be there for ya’ll!

THR will and has fined drivers for obvious retaliatory acts after a racing incident. Track management talked to Shawn after the incident, but I don't think they fined him. He definately was not ejected - he made it back for the feature. I've talked to him since the incident, and he didn't say anything about a fine. Whatever happened between Shawn and Keith after the wreck was subtle at best (except for the running across the infield, and that was just a lot of steam being blown off), and I doubt the track would fine anyone for it.

The rumor mill is crazy sometimes, and I think this bit of info is an example of that.

Chase

Well said, Chase. I don't know Shawn very well, but I know Keith, and if he said anything threatening, it was probably what I call the "heat of the moment." Tune in anyone's radio immediately after an incident, and you'll hear things you would not believe. I act as a spotter, and I hear it all the time. Like Chase said, it's blowing off steam.

If all the rumors and "I heard" statements were true, there would be no one racing anywhere.

Furthermore, if Shawn and Keith have a problem, they will work it out themselves, regardless of what is posted on this board.

here is an idea, take this and make something positive out of it. call the paper and tell them to run a story about the tension building between the two drivers, who have a history of dislike for each other. pump up the track and the racing and come see who will win the war this week. kinda like wrestling, it dont all have to be true, at the least it might get some people interested in racing again. Maybe some new fans want to come out and see if the 15 and 88 can co-exist on the track. Saying that, the last thing i want is for guys to tear cars up, it could be something, or not. Just a thought.

big john

There aint nothing wrong with being a redneck, hell, I'm proud of it. But racing isn't just a bunch of drunk and rowdy wine-o's. Look at the guys on the nascar level, these days it takes a college degree just think about even being hired to be a winston cup crew chief. And to be able to be on the road just about all year long like those guys are, it takes one hell of a man to do what they do. There isnt any other athlete from any other sport in the world that could do what they do. I guarantee that Tiger Woods couldn't drive a cup car during qualifying at TMS, and make that car dive down into turn one doing 195 and barely even crack the throttle.

who have a history of dislike for each other

Not that the newspapers are above printing false information, but this part just wouldn't be true. These two guys have been friends and fellow racers for a long time. Just goes to show you how emotional an on-track event can become, even between two friends.

No offense Big John, but I don't think a deal like this should be put out in public and used to attract onlookers. I'd bet both of these guys would rather come to the track on Saturday and forget it happened.

cs

Look I understand that everyone has their opinions and all but I don't think you should talk crap unless you race out their along side these guys they go out there and put on a good show for the small amount of fans that they have not saying that they do this on purpose... but still Shawn is the type of person that will tell you if he did it on purpose... Caveman if you are just someone that watches from the stands and doesn't work on these cars 24/7 then you should know that the fans love the wrecks... thats what brings them to the track.... but also you don't work on the cars you shouldn't be the one complaining saying you don't like to see him tear things up... Once again I know these are all opinions but I still think that they need to be said nicer than what they are... You probably haven't or have been around racing but Shawn has been racing for more than 10years and has a few championships so therefore I think he is a darn good driver...... :D and I completly agree with luvturninleft that is the truth.....but Shawn did get fined, but not ejected. If so he wouldn't have been able to race the feature...

racechick

Racing involves more than just racers and their families and friends. It takes fans, sponsors, the media, the race officials, track promoters and track owners among others. Each one of these groups have their own point of view. And like you said, fans have their own point of view. Here at TSZ we welcome fans as well as the rest of the people who are more heavily involved in the sport. All we ask is that things stay civil and that people follow the TSZ rules. In other words, caveman's point of view is just as welcome as yours, right or wrong.

You probably have noticed that I spend some time editing those that have gone over the line and if they continue to go over the line I ask Jason to remove there ability to post messages here.

Thanks for your understanding.

Nick Holt

Archived