Winners for 8/9/03 at THR

Banker36

Id have to say the biggest show was the LM heat race tonight. The word I hear is Shawn hit Keith causing him to go across 2 cars(that I did see)(the cars who were drivin across are: Shawn Lehman and Mark Churdimsky) a few other cars were invovled to but after the wreck was over with Keith ran across the infield trying to catch up to Shawn for a boxing match.... He never made it.....

The other classes had a smoother night. Streets werent as rough as usaul Carry was spun on the first lap. A full restart followed and the next caution came out for when Dale Caswell lost his drive shaft. The following caution was for a spin that invovled Carry Stapp and Jim Teague. Carry was put to the back and the race resumed. If I remember correctly there were no other cautions.

The winners for the THR classes were:

Hobby-#83(forgot his name) Street top 5 were- 1st-Bobby T. 2nd-Mark Curry 3rd-Bobby L. 4th-Marvin Buck and 5th-Don Banker LM finishing order: 1st-Robert Stewart 2nd-Leland Waldell 3rd-Mark Curdimsky 4th-James Reeder 5th- Shawn Lehman and 6th- David Snookhouse.

Oh yea and I go to put some practice laps on my dads car IT WAS FUNNER THAN ****.... I went alot faster in it than I did when I practiced in his Mod and I had a blast hopefully Ill race a few next year.

Hobby -#83 is David Hassinger and he also unfortunally got DQ for a distrubuter cap. Second about the late model heat-- They started the race and shawn caught keith sleeping on the start and went around him, so then keith proceeded to go up on him and shawn spun out and keith went flying over shawns hood and into the infield and shawn went towards the wall and a on coming car hit shawn from behind and that sent shawn spinnnning.......

Therefore shawn went down into the infield and keith was coming back on to the track and pulled out in front of shawn and shawn rammed him so it made it look like shawn intentionally hit him..........

:ph34r::ph34r:

Well I guess it just depends on who you ask as far as tha Late models go. All I know is that Shawn has been involved in a lot of incidents that involve wrecks. Its just like anything else you get that many people in one place and they will all see things differently. I would like to see a poll started to see who caused the wreck.

You know, somethings things just happen.

The green flag was being waved for the start of the heat. The cars were all in the gas and still two by two. It looked like the 15 car just got a little loose and tried to straighten it out and maybe just over corrected. We all know what happens then. 88 was there with no where to go.

So, contact was made. I am sure 88 could not get out of the gas that quick and did end up driving over the front end of the 15 car. Then all heck started to brake loose behind them and cars where going every which way to avoid it all. 22 & 39 did make contact at some point and this could have been where 15 was hit from behind again sending him into the 88 again. That part happened after they crossed the start finish line and I was still watching everyone scatter from behind. Things happen so quickly on the track in situations like this. No has a fast enough reaction time, including myself watching from the scoring booth. I was watching the whole time and did not see every single thing that happend.

:huh:

I'm just a simple caveman and don't understand these things but I have to say Im with Modracer.

But like cathy says it all happens so fast you cant tell sometimes. Still I've seen Shawn tear up a lot of equpment and he has had more than his share [edited out by Nick Holt, 9/9/03]. With his reputation of being [edited out by Nick Holt, 8/9/03] sometimes it does not surprise me he is involved in this controversery.

Hey I'm not bashin! I'm just a simple caveman giving my opinion.

I've seen enough guys run around here to know who can drive and who cant and I dont like to sit in the grandstand and watch guys tear up stuff for no reason.

Most drivers know to use their head but there are a few who dont and I think Shawn is one of them. I think one night he was ontop of someone on the back stretch at THR, tore the carb or distributor off the engine or something like that... Another time I heard he ran into some in the pits after the race on purpose because he was mad. And I also heard he got banned for a few races because of his bad driving on the track. So when you hear he is inovlved in something crazy like this you can only guess it is because of something he did.

I'm just a simple caveman and don't understand these things but I do know bad driving when I see it and I have seen Shawn drive bad more times than not.

I dont care if your a simple caveman or not. Your probally one of those guys who sits in the stands and drinks the night away at the race track. If your such an expert on driving how about you get you a car and come out and run. O wait let me guess your a simple caveman so you probally dont understand that either.

It definately would not have been an easy call to make, but it looked to me like the 88 car moved up the track and spun the 15 car around. The track was real slick last night, and I'm not saying anything was intentional. That's just the was it appeared from my vantage point in the pits. In our feature, we started outside pole and got run up against the wall and then almost off the back straight by the pole sitter. It looked pretty intentional, but like I said, the track was real slick, so maybe the cars just "drifted" a little more than usual. Who knows?

Hopefully next week will be better,

Chase

Hey Caveman If I'm not mistaken Colt and Sean are step brothers so I can understand him taken up for Sean and vice versa.

Colt everyone has their opinions an you and I cant make them see things our way,believe me sometimes we all go through a streak of bad luck (being in the wrong place at the wrong time) and people may give someone a bad wrap but they are not in the drivers seat of that car so the dont have the same point of view as the driver does . I've seen both you and Sean race both of you have done good jobs driving dont get mad about it just realize it is his point of view and that does not make it right or wrong .I'm sorry he does not see Sean the way you do. I hope he has better luck sounds like he's had a tough year.

Jim C.

Hey Caveman-Lighten up!

Your words are a little strong.

No matter where you sit-----it will always look different.

And Chase just proved my point there.

He's down low and I am up high. Two completely different views.

Colt and Shawn are brothers, so you are talking about his family.

I sure hope you not implying that he is going out there and tearing stuff up on purpose. That I would find very hard to believe. That stuff cost to much. Besides, I think if he did that he might just lose his ride.

I think Shawn knows his way around that track fairly well---after all his was our Street Stock Champion just two years ago before moving up to the Late Model Class.

Reading this post from the beginning forward, I just have one simple question...do NONE of you people have spell check on your computers? Or a simple understanding of the english language? Certainly, I can understand mis-spells caught up as you might be in the heat of the moment, but constant misrepresentation of the english language, not to mention such abhorrent grammar and spelling is just another reason why stock car racers and their fans have such a reputation as illiterate rednecks.

Archived