Dq's

abrungot

Maybe someone could come up with something, but I can't think of anything. If the DQ was related to an equipment issue, how would you ever prove that the equipment issue was present all season?

The only DQ where I could see that happening would be related to a conduct rules infraction like assaulting an official or fellow competitor or something like that.

So now the real question....why the question? ;)

The topic come up in discussion at the track with several people... Was just wondering what other thought...

So to take your bit.. say there was someone that was running away with a points championship like Harvick in Busch.. To the point that he almost didn't have to show at the track to wrap it up... is there something that he could do via rules to cost him the champ?

if you dont get caught dureing the season .and it was there all year someone didnt do there job very well .if and when they do find it then you loose that night s points and money . our teck man years ago found a flywheel just a hair to light and it cost the guy just enough points that night to loose the championship by i think 6 points at the end of the season .allfull way to loose it .i know that racer didnt think his flywheel was to light close friend and lost it to one of our cars .also he was my boss and i built his motor for him but didnt see the flywheel .

OK Aaron...years ago I remember at Longhorn Speedway if you were caught for repeated blatant infractions and DQed you could lose your season points. (Some of you guys who have been around a while can help me out here.) Seems it was also in the track rules.

you are semi right mickey it was a dq cost you 200 points but i dont think it was ever enforced cause of a bad case of whining definately not a lack of tear downs like nowadays but nowadays they stick to tech inspector or officials word is final cause when you change their mind they stick to it used to it was just when you changed the promoters mind now if you change anybodys mind it is good to go

i would think it was based off of the infraction. how would you like to loose a championship because you were less than an 1/8" low on ride height? do you take away a years worth of work over 4 or 5 lbs of air? something very blatant , more so if it's the 2nd time discovered , hell yes. if you accept the glory of a victory than you should be willing to face the shame of being labeled , because it all eventually comes around.

thank you , me and my soap box are here all week........(half staggered drum roll as snare falls off of stand.)

Maybe someone was getting away without entry fees,or even signing up all year,and ran anyway because a track employee was falsifying things.Then another track employee busts them at the end of the year?.....the track could then claim that said racer wasn't even there....ever. :D

Just a stab at unrational thinking. :o

my thoughts exactly crazy thats why i have learned to hide stuff better .................. i mean not cheat because saying it came on the car doesnt work for me anymore take for example little garys car is it cause we didnt cheat or just didnt get caught but i will "probably" never tell or my car witch i aint worried about cause i blew it upbut i was runnin the 383 outta my mod poor little feller just couldnt handle the pavement i guess wasnt dirty enough for it but that was cause i couldnt afford a motor to run well just didnt wanna spend money for somethin i already had anyways but yall have fun i think i am goin back to the tator fields

What about geting DQ'd for an unriten rule that they were not teching for to start with .It was a bad call by officals to Dq over that in my opinion. but I was the recipant. So watch out for the unriten rules on page 12 of the offical rule book

David, I hate to see anybody disqualified, but I think the officials made the right call in this case. I agree with you that the rule book does not specifically disallow stud girdles. However, there are many places in the rule book, including the section on heads, where the allowed modifications are listed. As an example, it says that screw in studs/guide plates are allowed. It also says that roller tipped rockers are allowed. Nowhere does it say that stud girdles are allowed. It also says that any questionable additions should be run by the tech man before use, just to be sure. I've never seen a set of stud girdles on a street stock at THR. If I were going to put something on my car that nobody else runs, I'd call Jack before I installed the part to see if there were a reason why nobody else was running it.

Also, I think that checking for ANY illegal engine part during an engine tear-down tech is fair game, especially when the part is attached to the heads, and heads were being checked.

Please don't take this as a personal attack, because it is not in any way. We enjoy racing with you guys. I just think the tech officials made the right call and wanted to explain why.

Chase Stapp

Archived