Big thanks!

abrungot

I just want to Thank Mary Ann and Brian... along with all the others that have made this racing schedule possible...

The schedule for this season caused quite a roar when announced.. but for me personally.. I only planned to race 1/2 season as i couldn't afford the entire season...

Not only have i raced every race here is a small list of things i was able to do without being effected from racing:

Enjoyed several Saturday night dates with my wife!!

Completed many around the house projects...

Attended College Courses.. (Almost got the paper)

Best Man in my friends wedding

Attended several birthday parties that i never could before...

Made a out of state Family Reunion

None of which interfeared with Racing.. or Racing interfeared with them!!

Thanks For the Racing/Work/School/Family life/finacial life balance THR!!!!

glad it worked out for you arron............but i'm with cary , if i do not race more next year than i did this year i'm gonna find something else to do...........i hate fishing and i've never tryed golf.

i wanted to edit in here because arron was posting a positive and i don't want to turn it negative. my positive outlook on this season was the work between TSRS/THR and HMP.

some people know that the world is not flat and it doesn't always revolve around you.

that keeps me looking forward to next year.

Some food for thought.

Mary Ann mentioned in the drivers meeting that she's hoping to see an increase in cooperation between HMP and THR, which I feel confident will happen. Perhaps with that next year you'll have more opportunities to race. Granted not everyone can pull to Houston or Kyle every other weekend but the opportunities are there. If both tracks can figure out a magic equation, (houston is at about racing every other week) theres no reason why you should be racing less CH.

Cougs,

I think the point is, the drivers/teams would have those options available. Some would go all the time. Some, never. That option extends to the fans as well. With greater cooperation between the tracks, in the long run everybody is going to benefit, which of course I've been preaching on here for over a year. The deal in Houston was a step in the right direction. Perhaps the management team at SAS will see the advantage in proceeding in a similar manner. :)

Cougs,

I think the point is, the drivers/teams would have those options available. Some would go all the time. Some, never. That option extends to the fans as well. With greater cooperation between the tracks, in the long run everybody is going to benefit, which of course I've been preaching on here for over a year. Now, if those bone-heads at SAS would just get on board ................. ;)

(p.s. I don't expect this post to stay on here more than a few minutes. :lol: )

ps part your wrong so far .

sorry arron , i wasn't trying to hijack your thread...

the one thing i will praise about the weeks off , THR has been busy promoting the track in ways that will bring alot of people out next year that never knew it exsisted before (example the usac ,and west races , the concert deala ma jiggy , the bmX track.......on and on and etc.) ALL PROFITABLE ADVERTISEMENT . i'm not a business man , but hell it makes good sense to me.

brian and maryann..........and everyone involved (and the bakers for bringing us back next year /wink/..) thanX

Crazy no need to say sorry!!!

If i could afford to race every weekend.. I would...

If the track could afford to have us racing every weekend...

Bet you money they would!!!

Biggest thing that THR needs is to be built up.. not knocked down...

Seeing the progress with local businesses, and the Kyle Chamber of Com.. has been great!!

Seeing people like Kurt from A-line, Auggie from Bud, continuing to support THR is AWESOME!!

*(all sponsors are ALWAYS Appreciated)

The only way for the area to know the track is there.. is to tell them.. So if it comes from my mouth or yours...

or the fan that you took for the first time.. Just tell everyone you can...

Sometimes the croud is going to be awesome.. sometimes its going to suck..

One thing that almost never changes is the SHOW IS AWSOME!!! Thanks to the race teams~~

Guest bigfat
Cougs,

I think the point is, the drivers/teams would have those options available. Some would go all the time. Some, never. That option extends to the fans as well. With greater cooperation between the tracks, in the long run everybody is going to benefit, which of course I've been preaching on here for over a year. Now, if those bone-heads at SAS would just get on board ................. ;)

(p.s. I don't expect this post to stay on here more than a few minutes. :lol: )

What's the suggestion? To have a race @ THR one week, @ HMP the next and then one @ SAS??

Guest bigfat
Big,

I feel I'm treading on thin ice here, but I feel it needs to be said.  I'm not trying to make anybody mad, just facing reality.  In my opinion, short track asphalt racing in Texas has one foot in the grave.

The two most important words in racing are ........................... car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count, car count ......... GET IT!

Dont' think so? Just look up in the stands.

Hell, it's almost gotten to the point where I don't even want to bother showing up, and I'm a AVID race fan.  What the devil do you think the casual race fan is going to do?  I'll tell you, he will look elsewhere to spend his entertainment dollars.

Starting 10 cars and sometimes less in a feature is absurd.  I take it as a personal insult.

The track owners/promoters have got to do something about this, and do it fast or it's all history.  The deal in Houston was a big step in the right direction.

I guess you didn't understand my question. If I didn't know that car count was important, I do now. I just asked what the suggestion was. It sounds like THR and HMP are trying to work out a deal to race on different weekends???? Is SAS supposed to join in?????

As for the 10 cars in a feature is absurd. I'd liked to have seen 7 or 8 in the grand stocks. It didn't cost me but about $45 or $50 a race and there were 3 cars @ our last race?????

Post Script,

Not sure what that "GET IT" is all about. You riled up???

On Edit: The amounts above do not include beer, wine or any other alcoholic beverages that were consumed after said races.

Guest bigfat

Didn't take it personally Bud, You ought to know me better than that. Just want to understand so I can take a stand. Don't forget I'm new to this short track business :D .

BUT.

I gather from that, that racing a race @ one of those tracks every week is the suggestion? Still not crystal clear but I'll assume. They'd automatically have to do away with 2 classes @ THR and SAS right off the bat (Not sure if HMP has comparable classes), Grand Stocks and Road Runners/Hobbies. Either that or you'd have to find racers that only want to race every 3rd week or want to spend a lot of jack to get a Gstock/RR/Hobby to HMP/THR/SAS. If I only raced every 3rd week I'd darn near have enough $$ to run a Sportsman. Well with the money I was spending in Gstock I could of bought 1 new tire and 2 1/2 bags of ice. Am I way off??? Not sure. Like I said I'm new. Just My Big Fat Opinion.

Two men saw our car at a whataburger last week .and decided to come out to the races .i didnt know this untill thease two men came over and was looking at our car and i heard one say thats the car we saw .so as i talked to then i ask them if they were already comeing to the races before they saw our car .and they said no ...

so how many of you get what i was saying

i have never met big either but i do injoy his imput .i noticed he had to go to bed lastnight . he lied he got out the book of corrections .so.s he could teach us the word .today he must be slapping his shoulders on this one .give him his trophie. oh big i am glad to be of help .seeing you said .{I FEEL LIKE OLDTIMER QUOTING AND REPLYING TO MY OWN POST } i work hard at that . :D

Archived