NASCAR Car of Tomorrow

debwill

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the idea of the "Car of tomorrow". What they are trying to do is make the car less aerodynamic and more boxy. This will hopefully get rid of the aero push, and it will also cut a bigger hole in the air which will make for better drafting. The cars were getting too aerodynamic in my opinion which usually made for boring follow the leader racing.I really think that this will be better once everyone gets used to it. These cars will be more like the bigger boxier cars of the 70's and 80's.

What happened to the "STOCK CAR" part of "NASCAR"? These cars SUCK!!!! Get back to running cars that you drive off the Showroom floor. I think its an INSULT to Stock Car racing to put these UGLLLLLY things on the track. :angry:

I agree Papa. So what we need is for an entrepreneur type to create a new series (really revive the old lost series.) A "real" stock car if you will. One that came from the factory road ready. Teams would then add the appropriate cages, and a different power plant, just like the past. High dollar teams will buy brand new cars from the manufacturer - poor teams from the wrecking yards.

Races start small at local tracks, and add dates at the "bigger" tracks as it grows...

Hmmm - Could work, and would be a better show than Winst, uh, Nextel.

The problem is that if anyone did organize it, Nascar would shut it down through politics at the tracks. I can hear it now..."you schedule a date for that series, you will loose your Cup car and truck dates..."

OR

They will simply offer enough cash to shut it down. Would love to see someone try though...

I agree with papa what did happen to those days when you can just pick up a car at the dealer and put in cage and go race, oh wait a minute ins't that the local track seen... I think Nascar is starting to or already turned away from its roots... I remember the early 80's still had cars that looked like everyday drivers I miss those days....

Guest bigfat
I agree with papa what did happen to those days when you can just pick up a car at the dealer and put in cage and go race, oh wait a minute ins't that the local track seen... I think Nascar is starting to or already turned away from its roots... I remember the early 80's still had cars that looked like everyday drivers I miss those days....

I don't think any of the crash ratings would be good enough for them to run without dying everytime a tire blew going into 1 or 3. Although a lot more people would get their oppurtunity to run in the Nextel Cup Series.

Hey Guys,

Vanilla Ice just called, seems he's re-writing his song. It's now "Rice Rice Baby!"

Seriously, what happened to the day as PAPA mentioned; these things were supposed to be "Stock" cars? That thing looks like a Porsche!!!!

Just my opinion, but these things have been far from "stock" for over 20 years! We already have common templates, so the newer bigger cars will be the same as far as that goes. The reason they did that was to get rid of all of the "Ford has this, and the chevys don't" etc. complaining. The only thing that makes them look different is the rear wing which is supposed to make for better racing. What would everyone rather see? the current cars that usually make for boring racing, or something different which "should" make for better side by side racing, and put it back in the drivers hands. There is absolutely no way to have stock cars from the showroom in this day and time. If we did, the Monte carlos would win every race, because it is the only thing that resembles a race car, and the Fords and the Toyotas are much too small.Also, 3 of the 4 are front wheel drive! it just isn't possible unless the manufacturers were willing to make a car under Nascar guidelines stricly for racing, and we all know that won't happen!

Why dont they run body styles of a few years past? There are several companies out there that make body panels that are equal to OEM. I think the older style bodies look better anyways. Keep the cars(bodies) as close to stock as possible. Over the last 20 something years NASCAR has let things get out of hand. The only thing stock on the cars are hood, roof and rear deck lid. Now those are gone. Do away with all that "Aero" BS. And do away with having differant cars for differant tracks. Thats BS. Run the same car at Bristle that you run at Dega. Maybe then someone that has the skill to run CUP but doesnt have alot of money can race and have a chance of winning. And it would save alot of $$ for eveyone. Ill shutup now. :angry::angry:

Down in Mexico they run the Nascar Mexico Series. The new style Mustang body can be used and all the driver who switched to the Mustang want to go back to Monte Carlo body... The Mustang is like hauling a stacker trailer behind a pickup... Can you say "BRICK"

tqj3

Your right! Now its come to this. They have let things get out of hand on this. They are very smart people, dont get me wrong. They have just gone to far in my opinion. It use to be that what ever brand car won on Sunday sold on Monday. Not any more. Im really surprised the auto makers are going along with this. I realize that us "Old Timers" are on the way out and they want to attract the younger group. Maybe thats why they made this thing look like a Rice Grinder. But it is FAR from even looking like a Stock Car. Maybe they should change the name to....NARGAR........! jmho :angry:

neissans .toyota . honda. vw . mitsubishy .see i cant spell them .they are going to be the future of nascar .i hate to say .its allready got toyota. and to come up with well they are made here .is a crock .they are owned over seas .and yes im considered old in nascar years used to be i couldnt wait till the weekend for nascar now it doesnt really get me going anymore over the last few years they have gone away from thier roots . in a few short years old guys like us will be getting together some where to set down and whatch videos of the old days when they use to look like real cars sound like real cars smell like real cars race like real cars used to do .and some one maybe one of us .can to like the oldies .and sell videos .hmmmmm.{NEW FANS COME EASY OLD FANS DIE HARD }

I say we bring back the cars from the 70's and early 80's. You could tell what kind of cars they were by looking at them instead of looking on the front valence. A far cry from NASCIROC!!! I would like to see the drivers run what the pioneers of our sport drove such as David Pearson, the Allisons, Petty, Yarborough, and of course Big E. Those were the days!!!! Imagine Wonder Boy running around in a 1974 Dodge Charger!!! Just my 2 cents.

.................and ( i say this once again ) you'd be mad about only two cars on the lead lap for the last 100 of a 160 lap race.................don't get me wrong , i disagree with this new car but any (and i mean any ) true race fan that watched some of or most of the races from the mid 60's up to the late 80's would be lying if he said they were at all entertaining most of the time.

i don't believe this car is the right decision , but i do believe in just living for today.....so i'm caught between their car of tomorrow and yalls 'every day should stay the same' mentality.

HEY , YALL HEAR THEY PUT A MAN ON THE MOON! ...........my cents. JMO of coarse

when did they put a man on the moon .i know they put a lot of men on the moon .im with you crazy i dont really think todays driver could handle the old 70.s cars .and for the most point its still strung out raceing .i would probably love it more if the cars looked thier brand .

Archived