NASCAR Car of Tomorrow

debwill

Take the banking down to no more than what they have at Indy, and take the aerodynamics out of the equation. Run at least four road course races, one during the Chase.

And be prepared to lose all but about ten drivers from the current Nextel Cup group (because that's about how many would be competitive under those conditions) and expect 33 new, experienced and fast guys to get the rides. Might be fun.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My biggest grip about the current cars is you can barely if at all tell the fords chevy's and dodges apart from each other... If you just get a side shot of the cars they all damn near look the same... Now granted the new car will probably be about the same in that aspect I still like the old days were you could tell what type of car that was and go to the dealer and buy the street version of it...

That said I am sure they could of come up with something in the middle, hell they are NASCAR they have more money to blow on research than freaking NASA does for christ sake.....

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of competative racing in the old days had to do more with the limited number of quality race teams and and parts than it did with what type of vehicle they were using.If you take todays race teams and run anything from a jet ski to an eighteen wheeler you would have the competativeness of today.The new cup cars are for the new breed of gear heads.Go to Naco and 1604 on Friday nights and see what is causing trouble...it has four cylinders,nitros,turbo,drags the ground and has a funny looking"Cup style"wing on the back.

I just hope none of the other races turn into the non-racing chess game that Daytona and Dega are.Watching the plate races is cool....4 times a year. ;)

they've got cookie cutter tracks , cookie cutter drivers..................next logical step?

like i said before i do not agree with any of it , but what are ya gonna do.

you hit the nail on the head turbo , they found a distinct group to market or a new group to usher in and all they see is ticket sales and ratings. they are on the inside looking out , if they saw the direction they were going as we see the direction they are going they would say WOW this sucs (cookie cutter tracks taking over a tradition of darlington on labor day really really really suc). but then again who am i , just a paying customer.

my two cents........NA$CAR NEEDS to be micro managed , by the right person.

i am just an fan of racing ,but my own worthless opinion is as long as teams can keep going to their checkbooks [windtunnels,multicar teams,teams in lower classes for testing,r+d teams... ]the governing body[nascar] is going to have to keep making these rules that everyone says are hurting our sport ,maybe it's just me but i miss when the cars did look like our street cars but if they didn't keep a hold of things every team would go to which ever car had the 'aero' numbers in the wind tunnel ,you think we have a hard time telling the cars apart now! the big money sponsors really helped our sport but you have to control the 800lb gorilla ,as much as i hate to say it 'the good ol' days' are gone,we have to accept it like i said this is just my opinion B)

I stopped caring when they started letting front wheel drive cars race,4 door cars race with a 2 door look and when someone did get a car looking good in the wind tunnel NASCAR started giving the havenots help.I am old school and care alot,but with all this going on I could care less about the new car!NASCAR is IROC racing now!!!

Archived